Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

AS

Nov 06, 2016

What an entrepreneur need from describing your idea, market research, writing a business plan to making a persuasive pitch, the key element to attract potential investors. I do recommend this course

FF

Jan 28, 2017

A cornerstone course for anyone wanting to improve their English with focus on Business & Entrepreneurship. Takes you through setting up you Business and the English you might need. Good Course!

1 - 25 of 504 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Elle M

Dec 05, 2018

I enjoyed participating in this course because it was easy to follow, the structure was logical, a lot of repetition, a lot of useful specific vocabulary that was extremely well explained. Fantastic teachers! Thank you very much and I wish you all the best for your future! I also liked that the schedule was flexible and a learner was given a chance to take a test again in case it was not successfully completed for the first time.

By Ebenezer T M

Nov 27, 2018

Awesome and eye-opening course! It especially taught me more about entrepreneurship, challenged me to come up with viable business ideas, conduct market research and use the data to make decisions, and write a winning business plan.

I'll strongly recommend it to my network!

By Putra P

Apr 15, 2019

This is an outstanding course.

The bad thing was someone copied my work and plagiarize it and uploaded it as their work. It was about the business plan about Keto Brownies. The culprit name was "Sara Imran Butt". Unfortunately I didn't know what action was taken against the person because Coursera never got back to me again on the issue.

By Abiola U

Feb 25, 2019

English for Business and Entrepreneurship course is a good and interesting course, i had fun learning.i'll definitely recommend the course to my loved ones. Kudos to the brain behind the course.

By Dalia I M

Jul 13, 2017

i recommend that course for every one who is looking for next step in business and English business it is very handy and simple and the most is the instructor they are amazing

By Francois

Jan 28, 2017

By Aline A d P

Dec 21, 2018

It is an excellent course taught by extremely qualified teachers. Many thanks Coursera for giving us this opportunity, including from the beginning I recommend the site to everyone I know. Thank you very much for the shared knowledge, this improves our personal and professional development.

By m z

Dec 24, 2018

great methodology!!

By Enrique J R M

Jan 02, 2019

Great information... I really like it

By Virginia

Jan 29, 2019

Excelente!

By Pavlina S

Feb 05, 2019

A very good course. i reccomend it to everyone xx

By Karla C S H

Feb 05, 2019

This Course has been a great source of knowledge in simple words and activities, helping me encrease my vocabulary, and vision of businesses world

By yang c

Nov 07, 2018

Useful class, thoughtful designing

By Mohammad A

Nov 24, 2018

Wow, what a great course!!

By maram d

Nov 24, 2018

The course is very important, Thank you for this wonderful courseزز

By Salimu M

Nov 24, 2018

It is a very good course with very good instructors, surely I enjoyed and learnt many business skills from the course.

By Julianna S

Nov 26, 2018

I am glad with the new skills that I have learned throughout this course.

By Youssef M H

Nov 25, 2018

It was fantastic course, I've learned many things, not only my english skills have been improved but also my business vocabulary, skillsm and techinques have been improved.

Thank Pennsylvania University and all people have worked in this amazing course.

By jose v j

Nov 29, 2018

I've learned a lot

By Yadir P

Nov 29, 2018

Great opportunity to improve the English language

By Lesa E D

Nov 14, 2018

This is a good course to take..Thank you for the opportunity.

By Lautaro L B