Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

English for Business and Entrepreneurship, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

By AS

Nov 06, 2016

What an entrepreneur need from describing your idea, market research, writing a business plan to making a persuasive pitch, the key element to attract potential investors. I do recommend this course

By AU

Feb 25, 2019

English for Business and Entrepreneurship course is a good and interesting course, i had fun learning.i'll definitely recommend the course to my loved ones. Kudos to the brain behind the course.

434 Reviews

By Udhayakumar V

Mar 23, 2019

It's 100% practical and the teaching staff are great!!!

By Shreya Choudhary

Mar 19, 2019

The course is very easy and has helped me understand various topics which were unclear before. thank you coursera for making it available for people across the world.

By ERCILIA RAMOS RIBEIRO MORENO

Mar 15, 2019

Great oportunitty to learn more and better english and entrepreneurship together. Thank so much!

By Hugo Ramón Alvarado

Mar 12, 2019

It was a grat course I thought I was missing something but I guess I completed it!

Can I purchase it?

By

Mar 11, 2019

Thank you! Now I know about crowdfunding, interest, venture capitalism and elevator pitch. This course is useful for me!

By NATHALIA

Mar 08, 2019

Great course. Easy for someone with a good English level and not much business knowledge. I learned a lot. Thanks

By V.V.L.N. Sastry

Mar 07, 2019

Excellent course

By Shaakirah

Mar 05, 2019

I really enjoyed the course thank you

By Nacarid Rojas

Mar 03, 2019

It is a very didactic and simple course for learning. It goes to the grain and helps you improve your English in English. I recommend it

Thank!

By Emiliano

Mar 01, 2019

to structure in an easy way an idea and start with little money