Back to Data Collection and Processing with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Collection and Processing with Python by University of Michigan

This course teaches you to fetch and process data from services on the Internet. It covers Python list comprehensions and provides opportunities to practice extracting from and processing deeply nested data. You'll also learn how to use the Python requests module to interact with REST APIs and what to look for in documentation of those APIs. For the final project, you will construct a “tag recommender” for the flickr photo sharing site. The course is well-suited for you if you have already taken the "Python Basics" and "Python Functions, Files, and Dictionaries" courses (courses 1 and 2 of the Python 3 Programming Specialization). If you are already familiar with Python fundamentals but want practice at retrieving and processing complex nested data from Internet services, you can also benefit from this course without taking the previous two. This is the third of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

CM

Oct 10, 2019

This was a really excellent course. The functional project at the end helped me understand how recommendation systems work and now I'm very excited to try to build a similar system for books I love.

Aug 28, 2019

Excellent course which teaches how to process request, extract and process Internet data in a simple and step by step approach. I have gained invaluable skills how to handle large data with Python

26 - 50 of 167 Reviews for Data Collection and Processing with Python

By Ondřej H

Feb 14, 2020

Once more very useful lessons. Be careful on the final project though, it is more prone to errors (even ones you might not be responsible for) than anything else up to this point.

By Joshua S

May 21, 2019

Having 0 experience with .json files or API's I was nervous at the beginning, however, the course puts everything in perspective and gives great examples to grasp the concepts.

By Tim B

Jul 29, 2019

This course was challenging and I like how the book guides you step by step. The daily review questions that the text book provides helps you remember what you have learned.

By Henloy A

Feb 21, 2019

Great course and instructors, ample time and resources to practice, the graded tests are challenging and require good understanding of the course material which I appreciate

By Xiaojin W

Mar 10, 2020

This course is really great. The content is extremely helpful for me to review Python knowledge and learn some new stuffs, and the final assignment is pretty interesting.

By Saravanan M

Aug 01, 2019

I personally felt the course project was interesting and a little bit challenging too. And also thank you Professors for helping me understand the concepts very well.

By Voon S L

Sep 20, 2019

There's a steep jump in difficulty on the last course work. The most difficult part being there's less of the codelens to help with debugging and decoding the error.

By Ravi T S

Dec 21, 2019

Excellent final project which helps you recall all the concepts. BeautifulSoup and Urllib should have been covered here as well then it would have been complete.

By Ajit P

Jan 05, 2020

This is an excellent basic course on data collection and processing. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in developing skill in Python.

By Elhammoumi Y

Feb 26, 2020

It was a good experience. Learn Data Collection with python helped me to learn more about python, and that will be a plus in my career and in my next projects.

By Mursaleen A

Jan 18, 2020

This was a great course. In which I learned how to extract and process Internet API's data by easy approach. I plan to make online dictionary system.

By Willson K T L

Feb 16, 2020

Sincerely thanks for the long-haul teaching. This course is a bit tough compared with the Basics.

However, a bit shallow than the Functions and Files

By Mordechai S

Aug 01, 2019

A truly excellent course for learning APIs. Here we learned how to access real websites and process the data received. Highly practical.

By Shiang-ping H

Jan 29, 2019

Great course, with so many interactive exercises it really help to clear some confusion and make abstract concept easier to understand,

By Jozef M

Nov 25, 2019

I am happy to be student in this course.

This course is for me harder because i had flu.

So i skipped one Question in daily questions.

By Rahul S

Aug 30, 2019

Like all the other modules of the course, the assignment is the real challenge and that has made me believe that I am learning!

By Arkaan S

Oct 06, 2019

The final project was a bit obscure and there could have been more examples to give a better approach on the final project.

By Gabriel R

Oct 07, 2019

Excellent course!, I really learned a lot and at the end I was really impressed about the amount of code I was writing!

By Greg C

Sep 06, 2019

This course increases in difficulty over the first two in the Python 3 Specialization, but covers some great material.

By M N K

Jul 08, 2019

Great course! Thank you, Paul Resnik!

It was a great interaction and experience getting invaluable knowledge from you!

By Zhen Z

Nov 27, 2019

Very easy-to-follow course for beginners and the assignments and final project offer great sense of achievements.

By KH B S

Jul 16, 2019

it was a deep learning experience on data using python3. Working with REST apis was the best part of the program

By SaketKr

Mar 12, 2019

It was really nice. The assignments were really good and helping to clear the tiniest but important concepts.

By Mauricio G N

Jun 03, 2019

This course gives you the basics in order to comprehend the basics of data collections as well as API'S.

By Abhishek K S

Feb 09, 2020

The course was extremely beneficial to me and also helped me knowing connection between data and python