Back to Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course builds on the theory and foundations of marketing analytics and focuses on practical application by demystifying the use of data in marketing and helping you realize the power of visualizing data with artful use of numbers found in the digital space. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

OA

Mar 01, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I liked the professor's teaching style as well as the materials the course provided. All the knowledge I've got from the course helps me when I do research online.

AS

Apr 13, 2018

Very well delivered content - having the slides to review ahead of the videos was very beneficial and I found the readings were very to the point in support of the content being delivered.

26 - 50 of 418 Reviews for Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice

By Ariana

May 05, 2016

I am not impressed with this course so far. The quizzes and assignments are out of order with the materials being presented - the questions on each come from readings and lecture content that have not been introduced to the audience at that particular point in the course. The first module was a very, very basic outline of a generic analysis process, and really has nothing to do with digital marketing analytics in particular.

By Adriana R H

Jan 07, 2019

Content is old, more than a decade.

By Laleen D

Jul 26, 2017

This course is the real thing, but what you get out of it is up to you. By the way, you all do realize that our lecturer, Kevin Harman, not only lectures for University of Illinois, but he is also the current head of Analytics - Consumer, Government and Entertainment sectors at Google? He also worked for a Draftfcb, marketing and advertising. So, he really does zero in on what is useful to know You will learn how find structures and unstructured data , such as social media and other API data and analyze it. For those who just want to learn about marketing analytics but don't want to practice, this course is pretty good. and you'll learn how to use some nice free tools, such as Wordl and Google Trends.

For me, this is a game changer course. I feel like I had just opened a door to a new world! It required additional study and work beyond what is required in the course. I might be a "disadvantaged student for this course." I've never coded and was unfamiliar all the new analytics tools that are available for free. I was strictly a MSFT-Excel- kinda- business person So I had to spend add additional study time and purchased additional resources, such as the R-Studio Recipe book . Then the fun started to happen! Who says you can't teach an old lady new tricks?!

By Muhammad K Z

Aug 20, 2016

Implementing the theory part of analysis by using practical tools and follow analytical processes this course teaches how to adopt professional ways for performing a Analysis in the Digital Marketing World. It is highly recommended that each reading in the course syllabus must be reviewed for better learning and experience. Thanks to instructor Mr. Kevin Hartman, University of Illinois and Coursera team for bringing the global community of digital marketers this professional course.

By Saad F D

Feb 06, 2018

A very well structured course with focus on key pillars of Digital analytics. I already have quite a lot of experience in digital analytics but this course added the missing links that I lacked in the core subject; hence I thoroughly enjoyed it. Moreover, it gave me the opportunity to learn from other students by reading their perception and point of views about certain subject matters. Overall, personally it has been a great course that has added value in my knowledge.

By Helen A

Apr 15, 2018

Era un curso bastante matematico y analitico. Por esta razon me costo un poco mas enteder las metas que se buscaban. Pero al final encontre muy habil entender y analizar los datos que se pueden recopilar en el internet a cerca de las distintas ramas. Lo importante creo yo, es poder llamar la atencion de futuro cliente. Y venderle el producto que promovemos.

By Ender P B

Dec 03, 2016

This is a great course. I'm new in this ground and got a good introduction to analytics and a great procedure to comprehensively evaluate marketing strategies to feed the whole process with new insights to better decisions. It is best if the learner could count on an administrator account to a website to apply the knowledge in order to develop the skills.

By Norma C P P

Sep 11, 2017

Excelente curso una manera practica de como planificar para conseguir la data correcta, analizarla y visualizarla, profesor Kevin mil gracias que interesante su curso me gustaria tomar un curso especializado en google analitics, adwords y algun otra software de analisis de data. Gracias de nuevo quede muy satisfecha :)

By Valerie B

Nov 26, 2017

Very insightful! For someone who has already worked with several analytical tools before, the course could still deliver valuable knowledge and more importantly - motivation to take this a step further upon completion. I liked the way Kevin presented the course, also the readings were absolutely superb!

By Christine D

Apr 23, 2016

Awesome class. I really like this instructor. He knows how to present well and give solid readings and information, and I feel like I come away with actionable information. I wish he taught ALL the classes in this course. I would absolutely take more classes/courses if he were presenting.

By Mehrdad k

Sep 30, 2018

I really appreciate from the authorities of Coursera Online that they created such a wonderful service for us til we can improve our knowledge and learn things in here, As a refugee this is a real privilege for me to lift up my knowledge and explore my creativity. God bless you all

By Jamie M

Feb 07, 2017

This is a dynamic, interesting course. It gets just granular enough for you to understand different types of data, reporting, and visualizations without getting too in the weeds (I'm not actually an analyst so this level of granularity was quite helpful). Highly recommended!

By Kamila G

Jun 12, 2016

I'm really enjoying the course. It gets difficult sometimes since I have no IT background. But there's nothing that can't be figured out. Of course one needs to apply additional efforts for a deeper dive to the subject. Overall it's a great basic course to start with.

By Hesham S

Sep 10, 2019

A great course that dives deep into data analytics and data visualization

I have started applying the principles when creating website performance report and could create more insightful and easy to understand report for my company which can help them make decisions

By Nararya A D

Aug 20, 2019

I get several new technical perspective on the approach to market analytics process. Prof. Hartman provides great insights about the life of a web analyst. Now, it seems I've got a homework to understand more about the R software and Tableau. Good Stuff! Thanks!

By Pablo B D

Jan 30, 2017

I think its been amazing learning about ZMOT and the funnel, the ways the markets form itself, the moment of truth is really so great explained, Kevin Harman did a great job, i love all the course, and i would totally recommend it and continue this way.

By Phillip S

Jun 25, 2016

Extremely well designed course in my opinion. Very clear and to the point information delivered well.

Great introduction to the subject. Assignments were not too daunting and enough resources were offered that directly related to the questions asked.

By Barnendra M C

Aug 03, 2019

This course has really stirred me up to take up not only Digital Marketing as a serious career (even though I do not have a background in marketing) but also to pick up more training/courses to learn data science and packages like R and Python.

By Shashwat G

Oct 09, 2017

Great course of Intermediate Learning....it may bit tough for beginners and may be too easy for Experts. This course will provide the theoretical foundation for you however don't look for software training or analytical tool training here

By GERARD M

Dec 12, 2019

Really liked the way the concepts were introduced in a consistent framework, everything was in front of me. Lecture notes as well as additional reading. I'm definitely in a better space as a result. Gerard Metzer - Durban, South Africa

By Michelle A H

Aug 14, 2016

Very useful information. Although you need statistics knowledge this course gives you a good broad perspective of the correct analytics practices you need to develop in order the have the right marketing insights.

By Omar S

Jun 10, 2016

I enjoyed every minute of this course. Professor Hartman clearly has done an incredible effort in preparing the program. His style in conveying information is great too! Very good useful resources. Thank you

By N.Srinivas

Dec 16, 2019

I recommend this course to anyone who has need to conduct a thorough analysis in Digital space. This course covers in great detail the framework to employ and the concepts are excellently covered each week.

By Viral D

Oct 25, 2016

Was aware of how to present data, however did not know it makes difference in visualizing and presenting. I have learned the power of visualizing data with artful use of numbers found in the digital space.

By Marcos M

Dec 05, 2016

Very good course. Specially the coverage of all 4 phases (Plan, Collect, Analyse and Report). The last topic about how to present and the brain ways of working is great. Thanks for so great content.