Back to Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Successfully marketing brands today requires a well-balanced blend of art and science. This course introduces students to the science of web analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges marketers confront daily. Students will learn to identify the web analytic tool right for their specific needs; understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data from the web; and utilize data in decision making for agencies, organizations or clients. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice is the second in a two-part series of complementary courses and focuses on the skills and practical abilities analysts need to be successful in today's digital business world. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

TC

Sep 01, 2020

thoroughly enjoyed the course. A big thanks to Instructor Kevin hartman for this perfectly organized course. Materials were on point and easy to understand. Got entirely new observations on analytics.

JJ

Aug 08, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyable "journey" for this course. The syllabus was great, very well structured, thus easy to follow. Each module, including honors, can easily be completed in a day if you have the time.

26 - 50 of 576 Reviews for Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice

e

d

By Lotfi A

Dec 07, 2016

The content is definitely interesting. But I didn't see any "Practice" there... I didn't really get the difference theory vs practice between this course and the previous one "Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Theory".

Sometimes the assignments were not very interesting, and didn't always help practicing the content exposed in the lectures... For example, the piece about the different statistical tools: I didn't get why it was included in the course... either we do exercises on it, or it shouldn't be in the course... but there is not point of knowing by heart the differences between the different statistical tools.

The part about the customer decision journey, the plan for analytics, and the different analysis techniques were very interesting. I would have liked to see and practice more concretely how to collect data (e.g. how to perform clickstream analysis), etc.

And the lectures should avoid general tips and guidelines (like "5 things to avoid in order to"... the web is full of this kind of content)... I mean, it has to be "in Practice". And the professor should know exactly the content of his slides, and prepare his speech.

Lastly, a lot of the suggested readings were from a blog that is really horrible to read... The author of the blog might be very knowledgeable on his subject, but his blog it is full of useless jokes, very long to read... I mean one of its articles could 3 times shorter if he gets straight to the point

By Greg

Jul 05, 2017

I like the instructor's presentation style. The material in some video lectures did not match the quiz questions or the text transcripts. This course was a more disjointed than the previous two of the Specialization but still had valuable content.

By moodissa@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2017

the information is outdated, and I have find some examples, services not working anymore. during the course.

By ayman m f e

Nov 22, 2018

it's good one but the resources should be picked out better than the existing ones.

By Ross S

Jun 10, 2019

Good marketing 101 minus 2 starts for being outdated - all materials are from 2014

By Ariana

May 05, 2016

I am not impressed with this course so far. The quizzes and assignments are out of order with the materials being presented - the questions on each come from readings and lecture content that have not been introduced to the audience at that particular point in the course. The first module was a very, very basic outline of a generic analysis process, and really has nothing to do with digital marketing analytics in particular.

By Carlos M B d S

Mar 31, 2020

The method for this course is not the most practical. I suggest an update with more practice exercises and updated material. Quite some of the reading material is unavailable or is outdated.

By Ioannis M

Apr 06, 2020

I am actually disappointed from the course because it offers no chance for real practice. The assignments are also just compsitions of ideas!

By Adriana R H

Jan 07, 2019

Content is old, more than a decade.

By Prajay v

Apr 05, 2020

waste of time

By Laleen D

Jul 26, 2017

This course is the real thing, but what you get out of it is up to you. By the way, you all do realize that our lecturer, Kevin Harman, not only lectures for University of Illinois, but he is also the current head of Analytics - Consumer, Government and Entertainment sectors at Google? He also worked for a Draftfcb, marketing and advertising. So, he really does zero in on what is useful to know You will learn how find structures and unstructured data , such as social media and other API data and analyze it. For those who just want to learn about marketing analytics but don't want to practice, this course is pretty good. and you'll learn how to use some nice free tools, such as Wordl and Google Trends.

For me, this is a game changer course. I feel like I had just opened a door to a new world! It required additional study and work beyond what is required in the course. I might be a "disadvantaged student for this course." I've never coded and was unfamiliar all the new analytics tools that are available for free. I was strictly a MSFT-Excel- kinda- business person So I had to spend add additional study time and purchased additional resources, such as the R-Studio Recipe book . Then the fun started to happen! Who says you can't teach an old lady new tricks?!

By Kristen R

Jul 26, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The delivery was simple and clear with videos long enough to dive-in and short enough to stay motivated.

I really appreciated the practice quizzes along the way - kept me on my toes and ensured I was truly taking in what I was listening/watching.

And although I initially didn't love the idea of writing assignments (I have done more quantitative courses in the past that just involved quizzes and excel), this aspect was an extremely useful tool to synergize each week's content and think the content in relation to my own work. LOVED IT.

By Muhammad K Z

Aug 20, 2016

Implementing the theory part of analysis by using practical tools and follow analytical processes this course teaches how to adopt professional ways for performing a Analysis in the Digital Marketing World. It is highly recommended that each reading in the course syllabus must be reviewed for better learning and experience. Thanks to instructor Mr. Kevin Hartman, University of Illinois and Coursera team for bringing the global community of digital marketers this professional course.

By Saad F D

Feb 06, 2018

A very well structured course with focus on key pillars of Digital analytics. I already have quite a lot of experience in digital analytics but this course added the missing links that I lacked in the core subject; hence I thoroughly enjoyed it. Moreover, it gave me the opportunity to learn from other students by reading their perception and point of views about certain subject matters. Overall, personally it has been a great course that has added value in my knowledge.

By MOHD N B M N

Aug 21, 2020

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the opportunity to learn this course. It really gives me a good exposure in terms of knowledge, understanding and analytical skill. I will apply the knowledge which I have gained from this course to my students and community. This course have changed my perception - collecting and analysing big data for marketing research is now much easier than what we think!

By Eunice C

This course was great because it was concise yet tackled just enough content to give a newbie a great headstart in this area. Relevant topics covered, including an introduction to software and tools that can be used. The charts/diagrams used in this course really help to give a great overview of the marketing analytics process and will be useful to anyone engaging in marketing work.

By Dewan M A

May 03, 2020

It's an amazing course. Absolutely loved those lectures and contents. Dr. Kevin Hartman is an amazing instructor. I highly recommend this course to those who have interest in Digital and Marketing Analytics. It will help you to take a deeper dive into it. You can also learn about the importance of data visualization through softwares Tableau and R. Highly recommended!!

By Helen A

Apr 15, 2018

Era un curso bastante matematico y analitico. Por esta razon me costo un poco mas enteder las metas que se buscaban. Pero al final encontre muy habil entender y analizar los datos que se pueden recopilar en el internet a cerca de las distintas ramas. Lo importante creo yo, es poder llamar la atencion de futuro cliente. Y venderle el producto que promovemos.

By Ender P B

Dec 03, 2016

This is a great course. I'm new in this ground and got a good introduction to analytics and a great procedure to comprehensively evaluate marketing strategies to feed the whole process with new insights to better decisions. It is best if the learner could count on an administrator account to a website to apply the knowledge in order to develop the skills.

By Norma C P P

Sep 11, 2017

Excelente curso una manera practica de como planificar para conseguir la data correcta, analizarla y visualizarla, profesor Kevin mil gracias que interesante su curso me gustaria tomar un curso especializado en google analitics, adwords y algun otra software de analisis de data. Gracias de nuevo quede muy satisfecha :)

By Valerie B

Nov 26, 2017

Very insightful! For someone who has already worked with several analytical tools before, the course could still deliver valuable knowledge and more importantly - motivation to take this a step further upon completion. I liked the way Kevin presented the course, also the readings were absolutely superb!

By Christine D

Apr 23, 2016

Awesome class. I really like this instructor. He knows how to present well and give solid readings and information, and I feel like I come away with actionable information. I wish he taught ALL the classes in this course. I would absolutely take more classes/courses if he were presenting.

By Mehrdad k

Sep 30, 2018

I really appreciate from the authorities of Coursera Online that they created such a wonderful service for us til we can improve our knowledge and learn things in here, As a refugee this is a real privilege for me to lift up my knowledge and explore my creativity. God bless you all