Back to Teach English Now! Foundational Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Foundational Principles by Arizona State University

Through a series of engaging metaphors and stories, prospective and current EFL/ESL teachers will identify, summarize, and evaluate 7 basic language learning paradigms. Learners will be presented information on such foundational principles as motivation, risk taking, two different modes of learning, and balancing the teacher profession. Learners are also given an understanding of basic techniques founded on those principles, such as teacher talk, looking “ridiculous” in order to lower the affective filter, and networking. With these foundational principles in mind, ESL/EFL teachers will scrutinize common assumptions about language learning by comparing how they stack up to research-based core principles....
Highlights
Engaging instructors
(331 Reviews)
Interactive content
(104 Reviews)

JJ

Aug 18, 2018

This is a very useful course as I begin my studies to prepare to teach English abroad. ASU is a recognized university and the price is very reasonable. I look forward to the next course in the series.

Nov 30, 2019

A great course! It is a well planned and goes light taking into consideration that the learners work as teachers. I have become a great fan of Dr. Dixon and hope to learn more in the modules to come.

201 - 225 of 1,882 Reviews for Teach English Now! Foundational Principles

By Malebo J S

Mar 27, 2016

The People Teaching this course are the best and they have so much life and show a good interest, they actually teach and they make the course enjoyable and by so doing i was able to pass all my quizzes and assignments.

By Erica M

Jul 25, 2019

I enjoyed how they showed examples and explained in detail teaching techniques. I am very excited to continue exploring these tactics and reaching out to students to be able to teach them in the best possible way I can.

By Rocio G d l R

Jul 27, 2017

A lot of things said in this course are common sense but they are said in a way that helps a teacher find his own teaching philosophy and the best way to approach teaching. It is very good and I definitely recommend it!

By Thu A P

Jan 29, 2018

This great course gave me a vast host of knowledge on teaching in general that I have ever thought of before. I want to thankfully send my wishes for all members in the team that worked hard to bring this course to us.

By Mrinal V

Nov 26, 2017

I thank everyone so much for developing this specialisation. The courses are well designed and contain information that really improves the techniques and increases the efficiency of teachers. I am learning a lot. :)

By LM

Oct 31, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. The video lessons were very interesting, and at times quite humorous, which made the content quite clear and easy to understand. I am highly satisfied with the knowledge that I gained.

By David A

Apr 08, 2016

The teachers are clear and offer insight into the correct way students should be learning language. The essential questions offer a great way to stimulate critical thought and helps in the digestion of the material.

By DARA K M

Jun 17, 2017

Although I have read many articles, books, and papers, I learned a lot of new, practical information which has widen my understanding and knowledge of teaching and learning a language.

For these, I am very grateful!

By Ruslan B

Dec 21, 2016

Great course! Great instructors! Great teachers and content. I strongly recommend to green horn teachers as well as experienced teachers. Thanks for this course! I will finish this specialization even both parts)))

By Marta K G

Nov 15, 2016

Thank you for creating the course! It must have cost you a lot of effort and I really appreciate it. Thank you for all the wonderful and shrewd metaphors that helped me visualise certain problems. You are great :-)

By Hassan M A

Mar 29, 2016

It is a great course .

Thanks to all the instructors ,but please I have the same problem with my grading of assignment Peer Review -Week 5.

I am still waiting for my grading ,although I completed it all .

Hassan Ali

By Sue J D

Jan 10, 2019

So far, I have finished most of the first of the courses. I have fully enjoyed it. The only issue so far is that there are not always enough peer responses to respond to when I am finished and ready to move on.

By Saralilian R M

Apr 02, 2017

Very informational. I really learnt a lot from this course and definitely recommend it to everyone who is teaching. Not necessarily English, but if you teach music, maths, etc... this can be a very useful course.

By Aigul Z

Feb 08, 2016

Great!

Thank you for creating such educational platform which is accessible in every part of the world!

Another gratitude to the course tutors and creative team! Well done!

I feel I am a part of network of teachers!

By Nader M E M

May 13, 2018

A very helpful and useful and completely support you to start teaching career and contain a lot of effective ideas I would like to thank anyone participated in this course to provide this extra ordinary service

By Richard D R

Jan 14, 2020

The course provides clear and easy to understand foundations of becoming an English instructor. While some sections could use a little more expanding, it is possible those sections are saved for later classes.

By Mohammed M U

Sep 11, 2019

It's a wonderful journey of learning through beautiful parks , along the river banks ....We will reach destination without sweating and getting tired on the contrary , enjoying ourselves each and every steps.

By Rieko G

Sep 02, 2019

It was a great review for what I had learned at CELTA course. It was a bit too easy for me, but if you are thinking about teaching, it will be a good opportunity to know what teaching is. Thank you very much!

By Núria R R

Jun 19, 2018

The teacher is great! One of those that you remember for life. As much as I thought I would feel dragged through the content of this, I am actually really enjoying the content thanks to how good the teacher is.

By Robinson A G P

Jun 03, 2018

This course was an amazing experience, It was designed to be easy to understand and apply. I highly recommend this course to any person looking for the necessary knowledge to become a teacher to do this course.

By Vera K

Oct 07, 2019

Thank you very much for the great course! It was very interesting and useful. Teachers were excellent! I enjoyed every second of the videos. I would highly recommend it to those who are going to teach English.

By Brent O K

Apr 21, 2016

Upon completing the course: Teach English Now! Foundational Principles, the lessons were precise and insightful which enhanced my four years experiences in teaching English Now! in Shanghai, China. Thank you.

By Naeem A

Aug 04, 2019

The amazing experience of learning TESOL (Teach English Now). The way our teachers are delivering their knowledge is absolutely mind-blowing. coursera portal is really awesome and userfriendly, unlike others.

By Arnaly A

Aug 18, 2018

Great course! It is entertaining and packed with information. It is easy to watch as the teachers took their time to design a course full of visual material, fun representations and great lectures. Thank you!

By kerri

Feb 15, 2018

Excellent course. I highly recommend it. The presentations are great, the presenters are engaging and it is well thought out and interesting. I only audited it but it was fantastic and I really enjoyed it.