Back to Teach English Now! Foundational Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Foundational Principles by Arizona State University

Through a series of engaging metaphors and stories, prospective and current EFL/ESL teachers will identify, summarize, and evaluate 7 basic language learning paradigms. Learners will be presented information on such foundational principles as motivation, risk taking, two different modes of learning, and balancing the teacher profession. Learners are also given an understanding of basic techniques founded on those principles, such as teacher talk, looking “ridiculous” in order to lower the affective filter, and networking. With these foundational principles in mind, ESL/EFL teachers will scrutinize common assumptions about language learning by comparing how they stack up to research-based core principles....
Highlights
Interactive content
(104 Reviews)
Engaging instructors
(331 Reviews)

JJ

Aug 18, 2018

This is a very useful course as I begin my studies to prepare to teach English abroad. ASU is a recognized university and the price is very reasonable. I look forward to the next course in the series.

Nov 30, 2019

A great course! It is a well planned and goes light taking into consideration that the learners work as teachers. I have become a great fan of Dr. Dixon and hope to learn more in the modules to come.

176 - 200 of 1,852 Reviews for Teach English Now! Foundational Principles

By Rafael D

Dec 14, 2015

The best Teacher's Course I've ever seen! Prof.Dixon literally radiates energy, contentment, and inspiration - I felt so much inspiration and eagerness I never had before!

Enroll, and you would never regret. Not a second, believe me.

By Muhammed A

Nov 04, 2019

hello my name is Muhammed Azzouz

ı am happy that i have compleated the first level in this course .

This course was exciting.

thanks my teachers.

By Erik M R R

Feb 14, 2017

My name is Erik Ramirez from Guatemala. I really enjoyed this fantastic program. I liked the fact that you not only get the theory but also can apply it in your classrooms obtaining great results. I highly recommend this program.

By Žygimantė N

Sep 11, 2019

Great course for the present or teachers to be. Valuable both practical and theoretical parts of the course. A source for a teacher to re-evaluate himself and possibly change or revise his/her approaches to teaching a language.

By Angelina D

May 04, 2019

This is a great introductory course. It includes a good amount of information that is explained in ways that are easy to understand and remember. I look forward to continuing this course and earning my certificate. Thank you!

By Happymark J P

Jun 19, 2018

The course is so latest,i have enjoyed it so much.Am waiting for the TESOL Certificate 2 course in order to get my certificate which will enable me to add my career.Thank you COURSERA TEAM and all Lectures for good organization.

By Lynn E K

Aug 24, 2019

I learned so much so quickly! I am more of a visual learner, so I'm so grateful for the captions. I listened to the videos then was able to go back and re-read everything and really acquire the knowledge. Beats taking notes!

By Cecilia T

Oct 28, 2016

Hi! Thanks so much for having this course for free, that gives me an idea if I actually want to pay for it or not. The teachers are really great. I hope to join this course again as soon as I can pay for it!

Great job guys!!!

By J J

Mar 12, 2016

Very well organized. Video lectures are clear and build on previous lessons. It's obvious that this course was developed with the learner very much in mind. Great way to show teachers (who are their students) how to teach.

By EI M T

Jan 23, 2020

Foundational principles are very useful for me. By using these teaching methods, I improve my teaching skills. So I like this course very much and I want to attend educational teaching methods training courses more and more.

By Ashley R

Jan 21, 2016

This was a great overview to teaching English. It suggested a few teaching techniques and showed how being flexible in your teaching style can help. Overall, great introduction. I can't wait to see the next class in this Tea

By Eriwell R H

Jan 03, 2016

I learned a lot from this course because it is very well presented. You can tell that the instructors are enjoying what they are doing. I learned a lot from this course. Keep up the good work and more success to this course!

By Regina J

Nov 15, 2019

I really like this series. It was extremely information, and great as a review. I an supposed to be able to teach second language learners according to me credential, but I don't know. This makes me feel better prepared.

By Sergey D

Dec 24, 2016

I love this course! Wanted to say Thank you to our teachers of this course! Something i already knew and something was really interesting and new for me :) Nice course and Awesome (with the capital A, of course) teachers :)

By Kriebel D S

Jul 18, 2018

Awesome and useful course! Amazing teachers, interesting studying and great assignments! I really recommend this course who is going to teach English as The Second Language in the nearest future!

By Joshua O

Dec 04, 2017

Awesome course. I have learnt a lot from this course. I say big thank you to Arizona State University, the professors and coursera for providing the platform for us learn these great principles for teaching a new language.

By Michael B

Jan 14, 2017

Very informative. Although an introductory course, this program was full of teaching techniques and principals that every prospective and current teacher should acquire and implement in to their own lesson plan and style.

By Spica R M N

Feb 15, 2019

I am very glad that I was able to finish this course. It will definitely help me a lot when teaching English to my learners here in Japan. I aim to acquire the TESOL Certificate so I'll do my very best! Thank you so much!

By Malebo J S

Mar 27, 2016

The People Teaching this course are the best and they have so much life and show a good interest, they actually teach and they make the course enjoyable and by so doing i was able to pass all my quizzes and assignments.

By Erica M

Jul 25, 2019

I enjoyed how they showed examples and explained in detail teaching techniques. I am very excited to continue exploring these tactics and reaching out to students to be able to teach them in the best possible way I can.

By Rocio G d l R

Jul 27, 2017

A lot of things said in this course are common sense but they are said in a way that helps a teacher find his own teaching philosophy and the best way to approach teaching. It is very good and I definitely recommend it!

By Thu A P

Jan 29, 2018

This great course gave me a vast host of knowledge on teaching in general that I have ever thought of before. I want to thankfully send my wishes for all members in the team that worked hard to bring this course to us.

By Mrinal V

Nov 26, 2017

I thank everyone so much for developing this specialisation. The courses are well designed and contain information that really improves the techniques and increases the efficiency of teachers. I am learning a lot. :)

By LM

Oct 31, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. The video lessons were very interesting, and at times quite humorous, which made the content quite clear and easy to understand. I am highly satisfied with the knowledge that I gained.

By David A

Apr 08, 2016

The teachers are clear and offer insight into the correct way students should be learning language. The essential questions offer a great way to stimulate critical thought and helps in the digestion of the material.