Back to International Business I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Business I by University of New Mexico

We live in a world of intensifying global relationships, one in which international business has become the key determinant of economic development and prosperity. This course, Global Business Environment, Part I, introduces students to a fundamental understanding of the socioeconomic political, cultural, and linguistic environment in which international businesses operate. This course utilizes an inquiry-based approach to understanding country level relationships in the Global Business Environment. It surveys the global business environment by asking and answering key questions about society, the global economy, cultures, institutions and languages. The questions we will ask are: 1. What is Globalization?, 2. Is Globalization New?, 3. How do Political and Social Institutions impact National Economic Development?, 4. What is the role of Culture?, 5. What are the Gains from Trade?6. Free Trade, Free-r Trade or Managed Trade?, 7. What are Foreign Currencies and how are Exchange Rates Determined?, 8. What does the Current Global Business Environment look like? This inquiry-based approach creates reflective opportunities for students to better understand the environment in which businesses operate. Lectures are delivered in an engaging manner, which encourages reflection and inquiry....

DF

May 31, 2018

I love everything about this course, from the length of the lesson to the way the instructor teaches and all the knowledge I've got. Can't be any happier with it. Thanks for the opportunity!

VE

Nov 20, 2016

Great and easy to understand materials which give solid understanding of rules of the trading game on our planet. Highly recommended for those who interesting in international business.

1 - 25 of 162 Reviews for International Business I

By KHANGJRAKPAM A

Dec 20, 2019

With this course, I have a better understanding as to what are the possible factors which encourages investments in a particular region. It gave me a fair idea of the complexities and the various possible permutations and combinations of factors which are required and as seen in the history were responsible for various financial booms to happen.

By Teodora G

Feb 18, 2019

The course was easy to comprehend and easy to follow. I am a complete beginner in economy and I could understand everything thanks to the concise presentation and clear examples. Professor Thomas starts with understandable terms and talks at an appropriate pace. I definitely feel I have learned what I expected.

By Johana A W

May 06, 2019

Very good lectures, easy to understand and very easy to accomplish. I learned a lot of things that are so important to know in today world. I'm so into this topic that I'll take part II of this course. Thanks for such an informative and analytic course.

By Nguyen N

Jun 13, 2019

I am a technicl person so I haven't known everything about business. The course have helped me a lot in business field. Thank you so much for International Business.

By FIROJ

May 04, 2019

I ENJOYED DOING THIS INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATION COURSE & I WHOLEHEARTEDLY THANK COURSERA & INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS - I

By ABIR G

Jun 14, 2019

Fundamental concepts dealt with apt precision of real life examples. Really good content.

By Vinay K Y

Mar 12, 2019

wonderful course,easy to understand,interesting contents,excellent explanation

By shivam b

Feb 27, 2019

It was a good session learning international business.

By Phan T D

Mar 02, 2019

N

By MIR F

Mar 13, 2019

the course was really helpful for my studying purpose,thanks a lot

By Javier E

Jun 04, 2019

It is well conducted and interesting, but extremely basic.

By P. S

Aug 22, 2019

Good experience

By Venkata p t

Mar 10, 2019

GOOD

By Jesseree B

Mar 22, 2018

I have no background on business because my path belongs to healthcare. But since I took this course my understanding about globalization and trade were clearer. The sessions were short enough to keep my interest at bay but long enough to understand the concept he was trying to convey. I will recommend it to all because I believe everyone should have a better understanding on what is happening around us and our connection to the rest of the world. Great course.

By Horácio V M

Jan 22, 2020

This is one of the the top business key course for this modern world and it challenges, specially because of the fact of the whole world (nations) starting to accept the idea of doing International Business. And i am very happy with the way and procedures that the University of New Mexico conducted this course. I am a new person ready for new challenges worldwide! Congrat

By Laianne G

Feb 02, 2016

This course give to you some ideas about what can make one country better than others and the opposite too. Besides that, you can understand a lot of the reasons that can help you in your company, job, professional life or personal one. If you want to improve your knowledges about internacional business, that is a very good tool to help you achieve it!

By Lalkrishna.K.V.

Jan 23, 2018

A course that helps in understanding the factors about the International Business. It helps in having a wider scope on the knowledge about the International Business. If any of them are really interested in understanding the International Business, this course worth taking the time to study about it. The difficulty level is average.

By Saurabh R

May 23, 2017

Doug Thomas sir was excellent during the course as he tell everything in a manner by which the modules are easy to understand.The Course has given me a lot of knowledge about international business,globalization,trade etc.

Thank you sir for giving me the opportunity to learn knowledge and infomation in this course with you.

By Manasvee M K

Mar 07, 2018

Thank you for this course. As a beginner in understanding global environment, This course is extremely helpful. I learned many new things about world trade. It covered everything from history to today's situations. I recommend this course to everyone who wants to understand international businesses.

Thank you very much!