Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

IT

Invalid date

This course is very effective in improving your role as an HRM and Very good lecture with lots of fun with humor used by the professor during this course.. Thank you sir for the wonderful experience

MV

Invalid date

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

2326 - 2350 of 2,574 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Rameez A G A

Aug 14, 2023

Overall a great course. However, graphics and content can be improvised to make it look like a course from modern age.

By YEMINA R L

Sep 24, 2021

Great experience and wonderful presentations and explanation. I would like to be included more abour HR Managembte

By Oluwatobi I

Nov 14, 2018

This is a great course and I have learnt a great deal, I definitely want to take other courses in this specialization

By Maija P

Mar 11, 2023

Would prefer more practical examples to understand the theory.

But overall good cource with illustrations, dinamics.

By Gillian G

Mar 21, 2016

A very solid intro to how to think about HR, managing, and strategy - very broad, but well-explained and manageable!

By Nouf

Nov 17, 2023

I really enjoyed and learned a lot so far, but I noticed so many mistakes in the Arabic translation in this course.

By Yusra A

Jun 6, 2022

It was a distinguished course that added to me a lot of skills and abilities in my field of work as human resources

By Waetara,Jane M

Apr 22, 2020

A great learning opportunity that enabled me to learn a lot regarding key HR subjects for managing human resources.

By Layola U M

Jan 25, 2021

It was a very exciting cousre. The Prof always had a very interesting way to deliver his lecture. I am grateful.

By Paula S

May 23, 2020

The content and the delivery of this course was excellent. It was engaging and kept delivering quality content.

By wissam e

Apr 28, 2021

i would like the lessons on american labour and employment laws to be smaller since they are not relevant to me

By Israr U H

Feb 8, 2021

This course was very related to my job and was also knowledgeful for me to enhance my working abilities.

thanks

By lupu f m

Mar 28, 2016

Very helpful curse for people who want to discover HR World and for people who want to learn more about HR.

By ARUN S

Jun 13, 2020

Its nice learning experience. The way of teachings is completely different and points are explained clearly

By Sameera A

Apr 27, 2020

The course is really well structured, however, Module 2 can be simplified a bit for non-economic students.

By MANISHA T

Apr 16, 2020

It was very interesting and knowledge gaining. The explanations are in very simple and interactive manner.

By Isla G

Sep 23, 2020

This is really useful if you want to get to know all the basic knowledge of HRM. Strongly recommend it !

By Ojo B

Aug 6, 2018

This course has actually improved improved me and I have decided to learn and relearn from the materials

By Indrajeet P

Nov 8, 2020

It was a great course on human resources management. I gained a lot of knowledge about this hr field.

By Cristina D

Aug 27, 2019

Good basic knowledge of HR. For me, the US law was the less relevant topic but It was interesting.

Mar 3, 2022

I liked the connect with Economics, Psychology and Sociology. Also, the intrinsic motivaton part.

By Rachana

Nov 30, 2020

Very informative but some activities and videos can be optional as to lengthy for working people.

By Osim B A J

Nov 21, 2018

The course is very detailed. It provides insight to the foundation of human resource management.

By kavya S

Jul 19, 2020

I LIKED THE VIDEOS USED IN THE BACKGROUND, WHICH WAS VERY HELPFUL TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPTS.

By Karthikeyan S

Apr 29, 2018

I liked the course very much, it would be great if summary is available at each end module.