Back to Music Business Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Music Business Foundations by Berklee College of Music

This course has been developed to provide students with the latest instruction on the best way for creators, consumers, and facilitators to navigate the resurgence of one of the world’s most exciting industries: the music business. Three things are clear about today’s music industry: The consumption of music is expanding at the greatest rate in history and from the most portals ever imagined, the cost of producing music is decreasing, and the number of artists creating and seeking to expose their work and develop careers through the Internet has increased dramatically. Whether you’re a music creator, consumer, or facilitator of this process, you’ll want to understand the history, underpinnings, and basics of the music business. Course author John Kellogg—administrator, educator, entertainment lawyer, performer, and radio and television personality—offers students the opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of the developing new music business, for now and into the future. What you'll learn: -- The basic history of the music industry and today's business trends -- How recording agreements are formulated -- The basics of copyright law as it pertains to the music business -- The role of agents, managers, attorneys, and specific business entities...

BD

Oct 23, 2017

This course was very useful and important to me, I plan on venturing in the music world very soon and knowing/ equipping myself with all of these will come in pretty handy for me. Thank you immensely.

DK

Feb 22, 2016

I advise this great course to everybody who wants to learn more about music industry in general, music business principles and tricks, including all types of agreements and principal actors.

101 - 125 of 301 Reviews for Music Business Foundations

By Plácido O M

May 02, 2016

Muito bom. O John fala de forma extremamente clara e, mesmo não sendo fluente em inglês, estou entendendo bem.

By GhulamMuhammad A

Nov 05, 2016

Extremely useful course, the instructor is a very experienced and a very nice person too. Highly recommended.

By Lawoko J

Sep 06, 2018

Just what I needed to Know. Thank you very much it was wonderful learning how the music industry operates.

By Jorge A

Sep 29, 2019

Great course if you want to gain a general understanding of how the music industry work. 100% recommended.

By Court

Mar 16, 2018

Really helpful information and a great start to learning more about the intricacies of the music industry!

By Javier G J

Oct 31, 2019

Great introduction to Music Business and easy to understand even when english is not my native language.

By Jordan A

Mar 20, 2017

This was an amazing course that offered a veritable treasure trove of information. TAKE. THIS. COURSE!!!

By Solomon D

Jan 11, 2016

I am amazed by the information that I am learning about, and would recommend this to all of my friends!

By Jessica

Nov 02, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was easy to understand/follow - Mr Kellogg really knows his stuff.

By Siren X S

Feb 01, 2016

John P. Kellogg is fabulous. He makes this course fun and has a great presence in front of the camera.

By John A M

Jan 18, 2016

One of the most important courses one can take if one is going to be in the business of making music.

By Varun H

Nov 02, 2015

Excellent Course. Got a good idea about how the music industry in America works. Wish it were longer.

By Mikhail M

Jun 22, 2017

I found this course to be very important and useful for myself. Thank you for putting it together.

By Nesirosan N T

Jan 05, 2017

Now I know better and I can approach my career in a more professional way.

Thank you very much sir.

By Ruchit M

Sep 20, 2015

interesting course content. helps understand the core concepts behind the music business. cheers!

By Pau B M

Dec 26, 2018

Simple, fast and very useful to dip your toe and get to known the basics of the music business!

By Shivraj S

Jan 20, 2018

helped me introduced to lesser known aspects of the music industry. Thumbs up for the course!

By Olalekan A

Oct 09, 2016

Very Perfect for scope. I really learned a lot and took notes which, i will be blogging about.

By Andre O A

Sep 11, 2017

Very informative. Course content was explained well and the coursework was not too intensive.

By LUCAS P F

Jul 28, 2019

A great opportunity to understand Music Business in a challenging way! Totally recommend it!

By Arthur G

Jul 26, 2018

This was a GREAT course that I may be interested in taking the 12 week course from Berklee.

By Natalia v

Mar 28, 2020

very usefull and very well organized, and easy going way of learning, thank you very much.

By fernando V S

Oct 27, 2015

What an Excellent Experience...Learn About it is Music Foundation.

Thanks John for all!!!!

By галактионова н в

Feb 09, 2019

great and useful for my future career! thanks to the mentor, lectures are very detailed!

By Amaro L

May 12, 2018

That really give us a good introduction about this world of Music Business and his ways.