Back to Introduction to Probability and Data with R

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data with R by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA
Feb 24, 2021

I always wanted to learn statistics from scratch, but I never had a good university teacher. Here I found a good teacher and also the opportunity to learn whenever I want ( and skipping parts I knew!)

AM
Feb 7, 2021

After trying several courses to get me started with R programming, this one came to the rescue and had all the info I wanted. It also provides a great way to practice through labs and a final project!

251 - 275 of 1,125 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data with R

By David B J

Jun 12, 2019

Most of the content is useful. Some of the probability exercises do not seem necessary for someone going into applied statistics, but they were fun nonetheless.

By WEI L

Nov 23, 2018

The course is VERY helpful, I used all the things I learned from the course in my daily study, I feel more confident and committed to finish the specialization!

By alessandro r

Apr 2, 2018

The material and the presentation are very clear and informative. The quizzes are not difficult but not trivial either. The final project is quite interesting.

By John H

Nov 30, 2017

This was a great reintroduction to statistics for me, and with the added benefit of learning to use R, or at least a beginning. I will be continuing for sure.

By dale r

Jan 12, 2017

One of the best courses I have taken so far on Coursera. Great lecture content and excellent accompanying text (Open Intro to Statistics). Highly recommended.

By Harshit A

Dec 16, 2019

Very well structured course and gives a headstart if one wants to go in Data analytics or Data Science. All topics are explained in the easiest way possible.

By Laura C C O

Aug 4, 2020

i loved the content, excellent classes and teachers. Excellent course to iniciate the use of Rstudio and to improve basic statistics and probability study.

Aug 9, 2019

A little bit hard for someone that have zero knowledge about R and only a few notions about statistics. But is a very interesting challenge, great course!

By 赵思奇

Jan 16, 2018

The lectures and reading materials are all good, but I do think more detailed instructions on R basics could be helpful, especially for rookies such as I.

By Andre G L O

Jun 20, 2016

Very enjoyable and useful. The material is very well explained and the final project is challenger and fun.

I learn a lot on the peer-review processes too!

By Caio C M B

Aug 15, 2017

The metodology of the course is great! The videos and exercises in rstudio are extremely helpfull. I'll definitely come back to the full specialization.

By Saishankar S

Jul 25, 2020

A fabulous course and a great starting point. Whilst I had these concepts already covered in my regular courses at UCL, learning R is a good take-away.

By RAFAEL A R R

Jul 22, 2020

This is the appropiate course for people who want to begin in the world of data analysis. The methology is great and the explanations are well defined.

By Jonathan S

Mar 10, 2018

Great introductory course; I recommend taking the time to read the textbook as well as it gives you a much more thorough understanding of the concepts.

By Hossein R

Jun 14, 2017

Amazing course for people interested in statistics and R. Great instructor, everything is explained perfectly and simply! Great quizzes and assignment.

By Scott M

Jun 3, 2016

The mixture of well thought out videos, an online book, and rmarkdown lab templates made this a great experience. I plan to complete the entire course.

By Suneha K S

Apr 13, 2020

The course is well knit and the practice material given helps a lot!! This is an excellent introductory course for anyone who wants to go from basics.

By Lisa H

May 8, 2020

I very much appreciate the instruction in the course by Dr. Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel. I learned a lot about R, which was my goal for the course. Thanks!

By Jibril R

Jan 25, 2021

Honestly, I really enjoyed the professor's explanations and examples on the topics. It made complex topics less complicated. It is a 5 star from me!

By Eric P

May 31, 2017

Fantastic instructor with a great energy. There are plenty of examples to drive the concepts home and the textbook is fantastic. Highly recommend.

By Emmanuel E

Jan 9, 2020

Wow, I would totally recommend this course to just about anyone but mainly to those seeking to have a thorough grasp of Probability and Statistics.

By Nitin P

Oct 31, 2019

This course is a good starting point for someone to learn probability concepts.I really enjoyed this course along with e-textbook. Thanks Coursera.

By Lakshmi m

Apr 18, 2018

Helpful !! learnt solving problems with probability perspective .. which is will give more confidence while solving real time analytical problems

By Robyn C

Nov 20, 2018

Really enjoyed a refresh on statistics, and using relevant packages and examples in R. It wasnt easy but exactly what I wanted/needed to brush up!