Back to Introduction to Probability and Data with R

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Probability and Data with R by Duke University

This course introduces you to sampling and exploring data, as well as basic probability theory and Bayes' rule. You will examine various types of sampling methods, and discuss how such methods can impact the scope of inference. A variety of exploratory data analysis techniques will be covered, including numeric summary statistics and basic data visualization. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The concepts and techniques in this course will serve as building blocks for the inference and modeling courses in the Specialization....

AA
Feb 24, 2021

I always wanted to learn statistics from scratch, but I never had a good university teacher. Here I found a good teacher and also the opportunity to learn whenever I want ( and skipping parts I knew!)

AM
Feb 7, 2021

After trying several courses to get me started with R programming, this one came to the rescue and had all the info I wanted. It also provides a great way to practice through labs and a final project!

176 - 200 of 1,125 Reviews for Introduction to Probability and Data with R

By Ester C P

Feb 20, 2018

Very good for people that have no or very basic notion of probability and statistics. Lessons are very clear and easy to follow and I find exciting the possibility to deal with a "real world" data for the project

By Arjun B

Dec 29, 2017

Concise and well-made introduction to the basics of statistics with practical examples in R.

The peer-review assignment is very interesting and makes you think and apply statistics that you learn from the videos.

By TANNER S

Oct 5, 2020

Excellent introduction to statistical concepts using the R programming language. The data science project in Week 5 is particularly useful for building the skills necessary to conduct exploratory data analysis.

By Rehmat U

Aug 2, 2020

Great course, well taught and steady paced. The weekly assignments and quizzes really help one learn statistics and R programming. It's a good course to get started with R programming and statistics in general.

By Sander t C

Very good and easy to follow introduction to probability. It might seem a bit easy, but the courses get harder once you progress past this one. Peer reviews were no problem, as enough people take this course.

By Marina S

Mar 9, 2019

Very well planned course, with awesome orator and explainer and with a lot of additional materials for better understanding. The only hard thing is the last project. It takes much more time than it's written.

By Mart A M

Dec 10, 2020

This course has been very helpful at explaining concepts. I am so happy learning about the conditional probability. I would to suggest that R codes will be summarized in one file for the students' reference.

By Shreya J

Jul 6, 2020

This course was absolutely amazing. I learned a lot about how metadata is analyzed, how results can be obtained from gigantic chunks of data that can be obtained using just simple commands. Amazing course!!!

By Kelly W

Nov 23, 2020

It felt a little short, but what it covered was interesting and well taught. There were lots of resources about starting R so that it wasn't overwhelming, as can be the case with a new programming language.

By Vijay G

Oct 25, 2016

Its a good start to the series. My only complaint is that the quiz and the lab assignments needs to be much harder. Its too easy to pass them. You dont get a feeling that your are being tested thoroughly.

By Mariana E

Sep 5, 2018

Very interesting curse, I learnt a lot, but I also invested a lot of time learning R for the final work, but this is a good practical approach if you are interested in the thema. Txs to Duke University !

By Sumit P

Apr 11, 2021

Explanations are excellent, lecturers are highly intelligent. Although a bit costly as per socio-economic conditions in my country, the course is a must if you want to make a career in Statistics and R.

By William

Jun 1, 2016

I have watched the introduction video to this course and i was glad to learn some basics of probability. I hope it will enhance my data analysis skills and help to realize my career as a data scientist.

By chenshuai

Jul 15, 2020

first course in coursera. Its very easy to follow as a beginner and it is amazing to realize so many other students are in the same course. Thank you , coursera and many thanks to the content provider.

By Yu M

Mar 18, 2020

Fantastic learning experience. The hardest part of the course is not about statistics but the use of Rstudio. I have met lots of problem but the process solving them by yourself is definitely priceless

By amin

Feb 25, 2021

By Abdelrahman M

Feb 8, 2021

By Alberto F C C

Jul 9, 2020

I loved the course, the explanations were great and the examples too, I thought it would take me a long time to learn how to handle data with Rstudio, but this course accelerated me in the process

By Lilian B C

Jun 8, 2020

I've loved this course. But i should say that you should improve more probability questions to practice before the tests. It will be very helpful! And also more graph using categorical data!!

By GUIRONG L

Jun 17, 2019

The final project is quite challenging but I have learned so much from this course. The lecture is great and the professor explains each concept well with examples. Really worthy of taking!!!

By Sadashiv N

Mar 12, 2019

This course was quite helpful for someone who like me who doesn't have a strong understanding of statistics. The highlight of the course was learning a new data analysis tool - R and RStudio.

By Hunter B

Oct 7, 2018

Great course - great guidance through RStudio coding. Would be great if the instructor could slow down a bit during lectures to make taking notes easier. Otherwise very happy with the course.

By Carly D

Oct 11, 2016

excellent course. lots of material to work off of. I wish there were more tutorials for the R language! I would love to learn more of the capabilities of the program through this online tool.

By Oliver W

Dec 28, 2016

A very well prepared course!

The videos' length is optimal, the course book is free of charge and easily understandable.

If you expect a mathematics lecture, you will be disappointed though.

By Stefano S

Apr 17, 2020

Very good introduction to statistics, for absolute beginners, like me, as to statistics and also to R. If you take it seriously you can learn a lot. Classes and Labs very well organized.