Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

WL

Mar 14, 2019

Every course has offered something interesting, challenging, and surprising. I am glad I have spent the time with this class. I would strongly recommend it to others with an interest in data science.

Dec 07, 2018

With MATLAB being my programming fluency, Python was very confusing at times.\n\nThis was the course I needed to explain the most common data types in python in a clear and very concise manner.

126 - 150 of 935 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Brendan J M

Nov 05, 2018

The final project should have had more guidance and instructions in order to complete in a timely manner.

By Jan D

Oct 05, 2018

Don't take it. No Course Instructors, no help. Not worth the money...

Even the Working Platform is always timing out or has a gateway error.

By Thinh N

Oct 04, 2018

The course is kinda helpful. But please, stop using peer-review assignment. I always get deducted by some stupid or careless guys for NO SINGLE REASON! When you ask some naive students to grade another, they never give the full marks even there is no flaw in the assignment, just because they are not sure at all about any thing! Tbh, I'm kinda perfectionist. I tried my best to target 100% on every thing then finally got stuck because of others' stupidity. That made me pissed off about the whole thing that I am working on. :(

By Charles O

Apr 23, 2019

Not very good, course materials do not match final project deliverables.

By Alessandra C

Apr 21, 2019

Too fast paced, not very in-depth. Final project is full of spelling mistakes and not coherent with the course. Terrible.

By Harshit D

Jan 26, 2019

Vague assignments- almost everyone gets stuck.

By rje

May 09, 2019

Final Assignment is very confusing

By Ahmed N

May 19, 2019

The course content is very good until you get to the final peer graded assignment which is very unclear what to do and how to tackle and you're left alone to tackle a ton of errors that are mostly irrelevant to what you're learning

By Shamoon T

Apr 28, 2019

so many issues with Watson STudio and IBM storage. No help from the instructors or Coursera! wasted so much time on finding solutions . Please go to threads and you would get to know every student was facing the same issue

By Lluvia Z

May 05, 2019

I'm not sure which parts of the lessons are advertisement and which parts are actual exercises that need to be completed. You are instructed in each segment (so hundreds of times) to not forget to press Shift-Enter for your instructions to be run which is annoying for something so simple. Then the lesson throws you into the deep end by telling you to get an account of gethub using gist to save your jupyter thing and you end up completely lost after clicking on too many links. I might have two accounts of gethub or none--I have no idea.

By Jacob M

Jun 09, 2019

This course is awful. The information is pretty basic and really doesn't teach you python at all. At the end of the course they hand you an assignment with coding that is way over your head and when it error's out you don't know how to solve the issue.

By B R P K

Nov 19, 2018

Great Course ...thank you very much

By Manuela G

Nov 19, 2018

Very good introduction. Good to follow.

By Vikram R

Dec 03, 2018

Good course - gives an overview and in-depth wherever needed

By Aniket J

Dec 04, 2018

Nice, explained course

By Courtney B

Dec 04, 2018

I was a complete newbie to Python, and coding in general, and this course made it easy for even a beginner like me to understand. I would honestly love to take an extended version of this course. That said, I have recommendations for improvement:

1) the labs didn't really make you think terribly hard about how to solve the questions, and I would have loved more complex lab work, especially because of the next point...

2) The complexity of the final project basically skyrockets from the rest of the course work. I feel like an extra week or two of going over the additional knowledge necessary to really succeed in the final project without major struggle would help tremendously. Conceptually, it seemed like it should be REALLY easy... if only I had a little more applicable practice work under my belt before hand. (I finished it successfully, but it was a bigger struggle than it perhaps should have been. I think many other people are in the same boat.)

By Amir K

Dec 05, 2018

Well designed and easy to understand

By Stephen S

Dec 07, 2018

With MATLAB being my programming fluency, Python was very confusing at times.

By Farrukh N S

Dec 05, 2018

Easy to mange and learn

By Akshay j

Dec 23, 2018

assignment are of good quality.

By Tarini S G

Dec 22, 2018

Nice course

By Saikrishna M

Dec 24, 2018

Really teaching was awesome. Enjoyed alot while learning

By LIU L

Dec 12, 2018

Different concepts have been explained very clear in this course, like list, set, dictionary, object and class. Last time I was quite confused about all these, now I am quite clear.

By Benjamin W

Dec 11, 2018

Great course. I especially liked the final assignment!

By Venkata R S