Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills....

HM

Nov 18, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

WL

Mar 14, 2019

Every course has offered something interesting, challenging, and surprising. I am glad I have spent the time with this class. I would strongly recommend it to others with an interest in data science.

226 - 250 of 1,834 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Rishikesh r

Mar 29, 2019

well truly speaking , my experience will learning python at coursera was awesome and i enjoyed a lot .

they provieded such a big platform which I was wondring for .

By LIU L

Dec 12, 2018

Different concepts have been explained very clear in this course, like list, set, dictionary, object and class. Last time I was quite confused about all these, now I am quite clear.

By WAI S W W

Mar 23, 2020

I really enjoying studying this course and was highly engaged in each week's course materials. I hope coursera can provide a complete set of the materials in slides (PPT or PDF).

By Saikumar Y

Dec 22, 2019

When you try to do what you have learned by videos in lab then this is very good start for beginners, in fact this is the best way to learn python language quickly. Solid course!

By BODDU P K

Oct 11, 2018

The course is really is very good.I would like to go with this course for beginners especially for beginners as it provides much of python basics which is needed for data science.

By Cameron S

Feb 12, 2020

I found the

final lab challenging and a great opportunity to apply what I learnt . Practical and interesting. Feel as though I have accomplished a lot in a short period of time.

By Rakshit K

Jul 05, 2019

The course covers basics of the Python required for Data science in good manner. You would need to have good practice, to clear the exam and it is designed in a very great manner

By Bernard E

Jul 05, 2019

Thanks for the challenging Final Project. I learned a lot more than I expected from this course. The Final Project presented a few items that required me to expand my thinking.

By Aditya C

Apr 13, 2019

A good course which introduces us to the beginner modules of python. The final project also makes us use the introduced concepts and serves the purpose of being a building block.

By Carlos J B A

Jan 09, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Juan P B C

Nov 25, 2019

Curso muy completando con una buena introducción al lenguaje Python, que te dará los conocimientos necesarios para comenzar a desarrollarte en el mundo de la Ciencia de Datos

By Martina

Oct 08, 2019

This was amazing. I already have 2 years of experience with Python, but only in a very limited functionality. And this made me fall in love with Pandas and Numpy. Thank you!

By Mohana K P

Jul 09, 2019

Awesome and very helpful. This is my first step towards the Machine Learning & AI path. I am very much confident on my journey now as I got the kickstart with this course.

By VATHALURU K K R

Jul 17, 2019

Great learning experience. I appreciate the way of teaching and tests taken place. Now I am able to understand what is Python and how we can use for Data Science and AI.

By Ricardo H

Jan 23, 2019

Very clear, even though sometimes quick (you can always have the chance to get back). Enjoy the final assignment (a bit more of a clue on scraping would have been handy).

By K. S

Jan 09, 2019

This course provides with the required knowledge about python programming and also helps us to study the course very easily and implement the techniques in our problems.

By Abdulah H A

Jul 23, 2019

I hope this course in the future provides more exercises that focus more on writing codes. Also, it would be even better if the videos show some real time code writing.

By Dinara K

Jan 15, 2020

This course gives great basic of working with Python, as well as with IBM Watson and how to use its different services. Ione can learn also basics working with Pandas.

By Robert P

Apr 25, 2019

Good introduction of basics. The final, peer-graded assignment doesn't fully work, thus check comments on forums linked on the top of the course in case of any issues.

By Md. A A J

Mar 27, 2020

This is an excellent course to learn Python for Data Science. All course materials including lab exercise and practicing on IBM Cloud are awesome.

Ashfaqul A. joarder

By Alhagie H

Jan 12, 2020

This course is a great one honestly with lots of interesting projects. and it is a good starting point for anyone who want to pursue a career in Data science and AI

By Shubham d

Mar 09, 2020

It was very easy for one who already have studied python before. It would be more fun if it would have been more difficult. But, overall it was fabulous experience.

By Emilian K

Jan 30, 2020

I think this course has some of the best Python introductions! The method used here with colorful schemes is a great way to learn some abstract concepts in Python.

By Ramiro B

Oct 19, 2019

This course was an amazing and fun introduction to Python for Data Science. One could learn how to expand applications from one domain to another quickly and easy.

By Anthony S

Jan 30, 2020

This course was excellent. I really enjoyed it and got some great, practical experience. I'm looking forward to the other Python courses in this specialization.