Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills....

HM

Nov 18, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

WL

Mar 14, 2019

Every course has offered something interesting, challenging, and surprising. I am glad I have spent the time with this class. I would strongly recommend it to others with an interest in data science.

151 - 175 of 1,600 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Wesley E B

May 09, 2019

Great overview of Python. It's quite a useful quick brief explanation of how touples, lists, sets, dictionaries, classes, defining a function, file reading/writing, logic statements, data frames, single and two dimensional arrays and a few packages work. Honestly, most of it would probably be gibberish/hard to follow if one didn't already have a computer programming I and possibly computer programming II course from a college or university under their belt. I feel like these could have been way more graded assignments/quizzes applicable and easily-made.

By Renee W

Jun 27, 2019

This is the first time programming has made sense to me. The format and explanations simplified the material into understandable chunks. There were times a lot of concepts were reviewed at once without a lot of background (when and why would one use a list versus a dictionary versus etc., what on earth are 1 and 2 dimensional numpys for), but the final assignment did much to combine most of the material into a practical use example. Looking forward to learning more.

By Kumar S

Sep 16, 2019

This course was very helpful for me to understand all the basic concepts in python. I learned how to code in Python programming language. It covered the portions of the course content very well. Now i can analyze the data, can make a dashboard any many more things I learned here in this courses and thanks again to COURSERA for accepting my financial aid application. I was unable to pay. But now with support I've completed my course and learned a lot.

By Rohit B

Feb 18, 2020

This is an excellent introductory course to Python and key libraries. Just what I was looking for! I found the exercises to be fun and helpful in revising my learnings.

Compared to the first 4 courses in the IBM data sciene certification, there is definitely a lot more meat to the bone here. So be prepared for a steep learning curve if you decide to complete the course in a single stretch, even if you have a prior programming background.

By Kostyantyn B

May 05, 2019

Very intensive course with lots of new and essential information for newbies in Python. Gives if not enough knowledge to start (which is hardly achievable within short course) but gives enough understanding of direction where to search and how to do things. Final assignment appeared not to be clean and straightforward but all my questions were answered in forum (hence I suppose it was not unclear not for me only). Good luck!

By Tanmaya C

Nov 10, 2019

I am a new learner in the field of Data Science , this course will help me a lot in understanding the basic concepts of python & data science also the instructor of this course will explain the things very well , very clearly & have very good course content in terms of quality. So overall this course is amazing for any one who wants to start carrier in the field of Data Science

By Jianxu S

Aug 29, 2019

This is one of the best Data Science courses I have taken! It is marked for "five weeks" but can be done in a week for beginners. It teaches Python while breaking down complex data management tasks into manageable pieces. There were some typos and out-of-date links (warning was given) but nothing major. I definitely recommend this course to people new to Data Science.

By Anderson C T

Jan 09, 2020

Es un buen curso para introducirse a la programación en Python, mi recomendación para los estudiantes es replicar los laboratorios en su computador variando los casos, así aprenden más. El nivel de ingles en los vídeos es comprensible para los que no manejamos completamente ese idioma, pero sí sería muy bueno colocar los subtitulos en español.

By VIMAL J R A

Jun 20, 2019

This course provided me an ample of basics knowledge in python for data science. I surely recommend everyone to take this course and it's not necessary that you must have a computer science or IT technology related knowledge to take this course. Everyone who has inspiration to learn about python in data science can take this course.

By Berkay T

Sep 11, 2019

I think overall the course is fairly good in teaching the fundamentals of python. The only thing I'd say is that you get to learn a lot of codes during the lecture, but examples aren't that abundant or challenging to really test the skills. I think there should be less coding more practicing to learn these fundemantals by heart.

By ADARSH K P

Aug 16, 2019

Very good course to get familiar with all the basics of Python and it's application in Data Science.Ton of knowledge is packed in just a few minutes of video and also there are quizes in the video to check if you are paying attention or not...(TIP: always try to search for a little extra by googling stuffs if u are a beginner. )

By Md. R H

Sep 03, 2019

I think it's difficult to understand for who are new in programming. And I think some topic must be added in course. Such as, how can we take input and the key features of object oriented programming . But for the beginner the whole shyllabus of this course is enough to understand the basic operation of python programming.

By Ashwin C P

Dec 16, 2019

On of the best course that I took on Coursera since it covers python from the basics. It gives an good idea about how to use the tool in an application oriented manner. The final assignment was the best as it covers almost all the exercises of past weeks. also it gives an real life application of how to use python.

By Andru F

Dec 30, 2019

This course was really great, it helped grow a foundation for Python in context of Data Science. It helped me get over a learning plateau I've been at for some time to feel more comfortable with coding. The coursework and labs were top notch, I'm quickly becoming a fan of IBM Watson Studio from this as well.

By Francisco M

Dec 28, 2019

This course it is very important to Data Science and must be done with much cautions, focus on every part of the lessons and training the coding. However, the tutorials is outdated and no correspond to the actual layout of the IBM cloud, and sometines, they are vague e confuse (it's need to be uptad).

By NASIR A

Nov 13, 2018

Excellent way to kick start Python learning, I think the best things here was the labs which use to demonstrate how things are working.

A Tip for learners : If you take everything too easy and not focus you will be spending whole weekend to find out issue was due to a missing semi colon :)

By Rishikesh N

Jun 09, 2019

It is really a great course, starting off with the basics and briefly covering all the fundamental modules required for Data Science.

It is a beginner level course, so if one is comfortable with Python basics as well as Numpy and Pandas modules, it will serve as a refresher course.

By Rushrukh R

Apr 26, 2019

It essentially provides you with the head start you need to exploit Python in the field of data science. Also, if you happen to have a programming background, it would be a nice piece of cake to get you started on your first awesome day on Data science. Here's to many more!

By MEET S C

May 18, 2019

The course was excellent for learning and applying python at the same time. The course is perfectly designed for all kind of learners, excercises and labs helps a lot to grab the concepts. Thank you coursera for giving me this wonderful opportunity to learn this course

By Alexander P S

Mar 25, 2019

More interactive assignments leading into the final project would be useful. I needed to resource outside reading to fully understand the final project. However, the final project did force me to develop a much stronger understanding of python code and how it works.

By YASH K

Jan 04, 2020

The Course is designed and framed in a simplistic and ergonomically way easy to learn and understand.

Quiz questions are completely based on understandings from the course. And finally, the last analysis project gives a complete overview of what you have understood.

By Abilio R D

Oct 17, 2019

It was a good training course, with lots of good materials, visuals, and hands-on exercises. The integration of this course with IBM Watson is definitely an add-value. I did like also the possibility to share my labs to GIT Gist. I really recommend this training.

By Austin L

Jul 24, 2019

Outstanding curation of the material and presentation at a pace that was easy to understand. The optional part of the quiz was very difficult -- why make the user type in so many file names, parameters etc. to generate a URL -- that could all have been automated.

By Sagar G D

Nov 08, 2018

This course gives an perfect introduction to the basics of python for data science with the help of some python packages like numpy,pandas,mathplotlib etc, apart from this the course also gives brief understanding of using if,else,for loop,functions in python.

By Rohit N P

Dec 27, 2019

It was a good experience to learn and get to know about the Python for Data science through the medium Coursera. I confidently say that I am conversant in this field and I will definitely get the golden opportunity to be a part of the Data Scientist.