Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills....

HM

Nov 18, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

WL

Mar 14, 2019

Every course has offered something interesting, challenging, and surprising. I am glad I have spent the time with this class. I would strongly recommend it to others with an interest in data science.

101 - 125 of 1,448 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Jeanette H

Nov 21, 2018

Great course! Would give 5 stars if the final assignment was better aligned with learning material, it really threw me off and was very hard to decipher in both logistics and technical questions. The last assignment really needs to be improved. Otherwise, great intro course.

By John D C

May 29, 2019

I like the project, practical orientation of the course compared to more academic approaches. The slides on

usage of the Watson Studio features and sharing could be improved. Spent more time messing with that than the programming. Seemed excessive

By Jennifer E

May 31, 2019

The cloud storage question on the final is just a ploy to get us to use IBM products and shouldn't be part of the grade. The course was a good pace and nice, slow introduction for new Python users.

By Matthew N

May 23, 2019

Everything for this was great, up to the last part of the project. The instructions to load to the IBM cloud were some of the most confusing and overtly difficult exercises.

By Thanh C D

May 31, 2019

I was going to give it a 5, however, there are some mistakes and inconsistencies in the powerpoint slides. But overall, great courses, and I'm so glad I decided to take it.

By Tianhan L

May 12, 2019

I don't like the system for the final project. It took me a long time to figure out things not directly related to python.

By ashirwad s

May 14, 2019

A few more hands-on for using IBM Watson studio efficiently would have been helpful. Still it was an amazing course.

By Gaurav D

Jun 21, 2019

The videos are good. The level of assignments can be improved.They are quite easy and straight forward.

By Vivian R

May 25, 2019

The IBM section at the end is depending on the cloud services that sometimes have connectivity issues.

By Steven S

May 27, 2019

The final assignment needs some editing. The instructions were vague and grammar needs some work.

By Anushil G D

Jun 05, 2019

well structured courses and assignments the quizzes could be more challenging

By ANIRUDDHA B

May 21, 2019

Peer to Peer assignment was confusing and misleading.

By Brenda B M

Mar 13, 2019

The illustrations were excellent, the pauses for quizzes were abrupt and disturbing, the Fake album cover was not relevant to any business use I would have, and the materials were out of order in the listing. I eventually and painfully figured out a solution using a function I created from the clues I had at hand.

The 2D NumPy quiz was a mystery to me. Too much material was presented all at once and I probably confused some concepts in 2D. I have never used matrix math before...

By Maria P

May 09, 2019

Weeks one to four are good. Week 5 is full of mistakes. You lose a lot of time for correcting stuff instead of actually learning them. The assignment takes double time just because of the corrections in the given instructions. The data that you have to load in order to complete the assignment are in the wrong address! More examples and coding should be included in week 5.

By Sivachandra V

Mar 09, 2019

The assignment is so bad that I had to waste at least 1 hour of time just to figure out why the picture was not changing despite me saving it correctly. I restarted the machine after an hour of research and then it got resolved. THe notebook also behaves weird.

By Mateus F

Mar 15, 2019

Really basic course.

In my opinion it should have more programming assignments and they should be harder.

By Karel H

Apr 12, 2019

The final exam had nothing to do with the course at all. Very poorly thought out.

By Divya

Feb 17, 2019

very basic .could be little advanced

By Anthony V

Dec 28, 2018

In my opinion, this course goes all over the place. The video lessons are thrown at you too fast, it's hard to grasp anything really, It's not well structured at all..

I was fortunate enough to have some basic Python knowledge before this, so I could get a thing or two.

The final assignment should be greatly rethought, even scrapped for something that actually lets people put their lessons to good use. The last two weeks are spent on methods and some basic data analysis functions, which is good and all of a sudden we are tasked with making faks album covers...

A good improvement would be to create an assignment which lets people practice a lot of things shown in the course, not copy pasting some code and rewriting a function...

By Alvaro F V

Nov 12, 2018

The course covers the content taught in a very superficial manner.

I do not think that after completing this course anyone is able to use python for anything really. The course does do a decent job of introducing you to the very basic principles. It simply was not what I expected.

The time estimates are way inflated. This course can be completed in 1 week.

The final assignment is not at all challenging. The course makers provide the code that does the hard part.

The final assignment's instructions are outdated (screenshots are), unclear and could defenitely be polished for clarity. It's evident that the course makers have not QAed their course recently at all.

By Vasily A

Dec 24, 2019

The course is a brief whizz through Python and could be good on its own as a refresher for those who already know the basics of Python, however it is the final assessment that spoils the course - this assessment was probably written by different people who did not see the course itself. It does not test your Python skills, but rather your ability to set up IBM Watson Studio and IBM Cloud Object Storage, which is a pretty fiddly service for the uninitiated. Did I learn anything useful from this assessment? Probably not. There are far better Python courses out there, e.g. check out the one from the Higher School of Economics.

By Taras P

Sep 18, 2018

Maybe it's a good introductory course for Python, however, I got an impression that the authors gave up three quarters into the course. The labs become more of a reading material rather than a place where you can practice a hands-on approach. The final assessment - omg, I fail to see any relevance between the course material and what is expected in the final assignment! The only lesson I have learnt from it is that I shouldn't trust online courses to learn a subject.

I would not recommend this course to other people.

By Daniel S

Dec 04, 2018

It has some errors between the narrator and what's shown on the course.

I had to rewatch the videos a few times to understand that what was being shown wasn't the same thing the narrator was explaining.

Also, the submission of the assignment wasn't working and nobody from Coursera would step in to answer/fix the issue.

By Omar G

Jan 11, 2019

The course content is good while the final assignment is not related to the content or even the labs and it will be quite difficult for practitioners with non-technical background

By Tiago D C

Mar 10, 2019

I was expecting more about Data Science, as mostly was a quick introduction to Python. It took one afternoon to do 5 "weeks" of work. Perhaps too easy to be connected with IBM.