Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

WL

Mar 14, 2019

Every course has offered something interesting, challenging, and surprising. I am glad I have spent the time with this class. I would strongly recommend it to others with an interest in data science.

Dec 07, 2018

With MATLAB being my programming fluency, Python was very confusing at times.\n\nThis was the course I needed to explain the most common data types in python in a clear and very concise manner.

76 - 100 of 1,026 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Renato L R

May 26, 2019

outstanding hands on training, very easy to understand how to apply the theory on the class labs

By Raghvendra S

May 26, 2019

great learning experience..!!

By Hari S J

May 12, 2019

Course structure, and the assignments are excellent..!

By Haocheng w

May 10, 2019

Very well-designed external programming platform

By Paulo B M d S

May 11, 2019

Excelent Python introduction to Data Science

By Chandan K S

May 12, 2019

Brilliant course for beginners.

By Hamid R B

Very good.

By Ashwani

May 14, 2019

Such a nice iinstructor it was

By Dashiell Q S

May 27, 2019

I've never touched Python before this course. I'm so glad I started with this specialization!

By Md A A

May 28, 2019

Awesome lesson

By srijan k

May 29, 2019

I learned a lot.It boosted my confidence

By Rudolph M N

May 28, 2019

really good overview and introduction to python syntax and simple packages

By Azat G

May 29, 2019

I think it is very good course to start data science with python. Modern methods and python libraries for data manipulation are included.

But as course was first created at 2017, there are some small parts of IBM Cloud setttings has been changed. This makes misunderstanding at week 4, then you need to use cloud servises.

Fortunately I understood that services became simpler. But I ask creators to fix the "creating project" part.

By Muhammad S K

very good.

By Javed A

May 31, 2019

What a brilliant way of learning. This course proved a real treat for me. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks COURSERA for producing such a high quality course contents.

By Jeanette H

Nov 21, 2018

Great course! Would give 5 stars if the final assignment was better aligned with learning material, it really threw me off and was very hard to decipher in both logistics and technical questions. The last assignment really needs to be improved. Otherwise, great intro course.

By Ashish G

Feb 02, 2019

There should be a summary section at the end of all week courses where all the learning items are summarized. A downloadable pdf copy would be more helpful.

Also, few questions of assignments were confusing, where expected end result format was not clear. It would be better if provided a sample output what is expected.

By Tianhan L

May 12, 2019

I don't like the system for the final project. It took me a long time to figure out things not directly related to python.

By Anushil G D

Jun 05, 2019

well structured courses and assignments the quizzes could be more challenging

By Thanh C D

May 31, 2019

I was going to give it a 5, however, there are some mistakes and inconsistencies in the powerpoint slides. But overall, great courses, and I'm so glad I decided to take it.

By ANIRUDDHA B

May 21, 2019

Peer to Peer assignment was confusing and misleading.

By Matthew N

May 23, 2019

Everything for this was great, up to the last part of the project. The instructions to load to the IBM cloud were some of the most confusing and overtly difficult exercises.

By Vivian R

May 25, 2019

The IBM section at the end is depending on the cloud services that sometimes have connectivity issues.

By ashirwad s

May 14, 2019

A few more hands-on for using IBM Watson studio efficiently would have been helpful. Still it was an amazing course.

By Steven S

May 27, 2019

The final assignment needs some editing. The instructions were vague and grammar needs some work.