Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills....

HM

Nov 18, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

MA

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

176 - 200 of 2,374 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Marcelo A M

Apr 16, 2020

Muy buen curso, de los mejores que hice on-line. Las explicaciones son muy claras, la pedagogía es excelente, todas las clases tienen su notebook. Realmente excelente. Seguiré adelante con los cursos de la especialización. Poder probar Watson es un plus para conocer la herramienta con un pequeño contacto. No participé de los foros pero por lo que vi los responsables del curso contestan mucho.

By Kishore B

Apr 26, 2020

I can imagine the amount of effort put by authors to teach the Python basics even for people with limited programming experience. Hats off to the authors and team which put together such an easy to understand notebooks. I was able to generate the URL for the dashboard though it was optional. So inspiring was the quality of teaching material, I didn't want to disappoint my masters.

By Tanmaya C

Nov 10, 2019

I am a new learner in the field of Data Science , this course will help me a lot in understanding the basic concepts of python & data science also the instructor of this course will explain the things very well , very clearly & have very good course content in terms of quality. So overall this course is amazing for any one who wants to start carrier in the field of Data Science

By Ermiyas B B

Apr 29, 2020

i was so happy in this course like lab materials and lecture also wonderful ; i got a lot of knowledge as developing country instructor such like learning system is helpful to improve our knowledge and to forward to our colleague and Students too .

Finally i would like to thank you Coursera and IBM for this opportunity to get knowledge and skill what i wish easily by online

By barak s

May 04, 2020

I have passed few courses as python for everyone (amazing course), but was stopping the course due to moving to new country, enough stress to be distracted :-)... Now, as we were been told to stay home as much as possible, the time has come to re-kindle my passion, Python!. Brilliant course due to your simple explanation knitted with straightforward animation. Well done!

By Jianxu S

Aug 29, 2019

This is one of the best Data Science courses I have taken! It is marked for "five weeks" but can be done in a week for beginners. It teaches Python while breaking down complex data management tasks into manageable pieces. There were some typos and out-of-date links (warning was given) but nothing major. I definitely recommend this course to people new to Data Science.

By ABHIJIT S

May 05, 2020

Good Day

I sincerely thank Coursera and IBM for this opportunity .

Thanks and Warm Regards.

Whatsapp : + 91 8017648297

+ 91 6290750012

By Ankur G

Mar 29, 2020

A good course to learn basics of Python so as to facilitate analysis and visualization of data to make effective decisions. I thank the professors to make this course interesting and worth it. Only thing is, videos can be made in a better way so as to facilitate people with non programming background. Maybe some basics of programming would help.

By Anderson C T

Jan 09, 2020

Es un buen curso para introducirse a la programación en Python, mi recomendación para los estudiantes es replicar los laboratorios en su computador variando los casos, así aprenden más. El nivel de ingles en los vídeos es comprensible para los que no manejamos completamente ese idioma, pero sí sería muy bueno colocar los subtitulos en español.

By VIMAL J R A

Jun 20, 2019

This course provided me an ample of basics knowledge in python for data science. I surely recommend everyone to take this course and it's not necessary that you must have a computer science or IT technology related knowledge to take this course. Everyone who has inspiration to learn about python in data science can take this course.

By Ankit R

May 08, 2020

Earlier I was keen interested in doing this course and thought what I will learn in just a small video but I'm amazed how good the course is structured and learned a basics of Data Analysis. The project at the end was really helpful. It was my 3rd course in a row and happy to learn more. Thanks faculty members and Coursera team.

By Berkay T

Sep 11, 2019

I think overall the course is fairly good in teaching the fundamentals of python. The only thing I'd say is that you get to learn a lot of codes during the lecture, but examples aren't that abundant or challenging to really test the skills. I think there should be less coding more practicing to learn these fundemantals by heart.

By ADARSH K P

Aug 16, 2019

Very good course to get familiar with all the basics of Python and it's application in Data Science.Ton of knowledge is packed in just a few minutes of video and also there are quizes in the video to check if you are paying attention or not...(TIP: always try to search for a little extra by googling stuffs if u are a beginner. )

By Vikas K S

Apr 23, 2020

Well! Course is quite better as expected from Coursera. Content of the course is specifically related to the core data science modules and with an extraa advantage as basics of Pyhton Programming fundamentals. Overall, the course is excellent for begineers who wants to build their career in the field of Data science and AI.

By Md. R H

Sep 03, 2019

I think it's difficult to understand for who are new in programming. And I think some topic must be added in course. Such as, how can we take input and the key features of object oriented programming . But for the beginner the whole shyllabus of this course is enough to understand the basic operation of python programming.

By Leon A

Apr 10, 2020

The course itself is very interesting and has taught me a lot. There were some technical problems with accessing the final project but these were resolved quickly and my final project was marked within less than two hours. Overall a good experience which I can recommend for anyone interested in Python and Data Science.

By Ashwin C P

Dec 16, 2019

On of the best course that I took on Coursera since it covers python from the basics. It gives an good idea about how to use the tool in an application oriented manner. The final assignment was the best as it covers almost all the exercises of past weeks. also it gives an real life application of how to use python.

By Andreas E

May 15, 2020

Well organized course. First couple of lessons are a bit slow (at least if you have experience from other statistical software), but quickly picks up pace and has some really interesting assignments. A few bugs/typos in some of the exercises but maybe that was on purpose to keep us on our toes? Would recommend.

By Abhishek B

Apr 10, 2020

Covered the basic pretty well. Introducing some challenging problems would have been really helpful, even if it was to be made optional. Rather than giving 5-10% grades for each quiz, we could have made the final assignment tougher & with more problems for testing. The test only incorporated problems on pandas.

By Andru F

Dec 30, 2019

This course was really great, it helped grow a foundation for Python in context of Data Science. It helped me get over a learning plateau I've been at for some time to feel more comfortable with coding. The coursework and labs were top notch, I'm quickly becoming a fan of IBM Watson Studio from this as well.

By Ioana B

Apr 21, 2020

Very good course, you can gain a lot of knowledge through well explained videos and labs.

One small issue though. There's a reference in the final Lab to a tutorial called PROVISIONING AN OBJECT STORAGE INSTANCE ON IBM CLOUD. This tutorial was not previously mentioned at all throughout the course.

By Gracia C

May 03, 2020

This course definitely helps guide you through some basics of Python but it really is up to you to practice on your own in the labs. The video lectures with the diagrams and the voiceover are extremely helpful. Overall, I'd recommend this course to any beginner who is looking to learn Python.

By SALIL R

May 22, 2020

It was a good course. Not that. I leaned lot but I believe I haveth to learn bit more on Functions, API Calls and applications of different API to match with parameters.

However the instructions were good, understandable and lucid in substantiation. Helpful are the aspects of taking Notes.

By Michele M

May 07, 2020

The content was evenly spread out throughout the lessons, I am a programmer so I think I had an advantage, but this was a challenging course considering the amount of diffrent technologies involved.

I appreciated very much the succint explanations....objects in Python in a 10 minutes video ;)

By NASIR A

Nov 13, 2018

Excellent way to kick start Python learning, I think the best things here was the labs which use to demonstrate how things are working.

A Tip for learners : If you take everything too easy and not focus you will be spending whole weekend to find out issue was due to a missing semi colon :)