Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills....

HM

Nov 18, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

WL

Mar 14, 2019

Every course has offered something interesting, challenging, and surprising. I am glad I have spent the time with this class. I would strongly recommend it to others with an interest in data science.

176 - 200 of 1,635 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Dustin R

Oct 13, 2019

Excellent course. This course teaches plenty about the introduction to using common data science analysis tools like Python. Anyone would benefit from taking this course and learning to use amazing frameworks like Python's pandas or numpy frameworks.

By Munir N

Oct 11, 2019

It was good experience of learning, the way course has been designed and very good point is the interactive part, where immediately there is question answer session.

Specially the course content and gradually moving towards detail, i like that!

By Facundo M

Jun 10, 2019

Muy buen curso. Es totalmente disruptivo e innovador.

Recomiendo a cualquiera que quiera iniciarse en la temática.

Como estudiante de Ingeniería Industrial, es de gran ayuda tanto como para complementar estudios, como para explotar nuevos rubros.

By Jurom N

Jan 17, 2020

The course was very knowledge-enriching and easy to follow. Most of the concepts in Python necessary for Data Science were covered, and examples were practical. Videos were also explained very well, and the exams were really highly thought-of.

By Yuting

Nov 07, 2019

Easy to understand, this course is very suitable for beginners.

Quickly understand the basic syntax of Python and interesting IBM cloud, and the labs provided.

There are many very good practice questions to help students understand the content.

By Mohamad A H

Jun 14, 2019

A bit slow for me in the beginning since I've had experience with other languages but would defintely benefit anyone new to programming in general.It picks up at week 3 and I learned ALOT specially about Pandas and Numpy.

Great course overall

By Khan M K A M

Jan 06, 2020

The language used in the videos was simple,the labs assignment was very well managed never faced a difficulty in understanding anything.

The course was short but useful in learning the python language as a complete beginner to the language.

By Neeraj J

Aug 18, 2019

I like the content of the course. The practical approach of the course makes me understand the things quite easily and its boosting my confidence on new technology. I would recommend others please go through each bit of practical content.

By Zachary S

Dec 15, 2019

Python for Data Science and AI was an excellent introductory Machine Learning and AI course using Python. Previous programming experience is highly recommended. I had some Python experience but significant PHP, JS, and Ruby experience.

By mNethravathi R

Dec 03, 2019

I recommend this course to all Data Science enthusiasts, it strengthens your Python foundation needed for Data Science coding skills. Thanks a lot Coursera for such a wonderful course which helped me in my Data Science Journey. Cheers!!!

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By Edmond L

Jul 30, 2019

There is a lot to of interesting arguments to learn in this course. At my opinion some more examples on loops can be necessary to better explain this argument. Overall the course is well structured, and the lessons well explained.

By Sorin m

Feb 06, 2020

Great slides and explanations. Excellent dashboard to keep track of your progress. Maybe the instructions for creating the final project with Watson Studio could be a bit more clear but they are manageable. Overall a 5* course.

By Nicolás S H

Oct 20, 2018

Este curso entrega las herramientas básicas de Python para Data Science, no necesita conocimientos previos y dedicando unas dos horas diarias puede ser terminado en menos de una semana. Muy recomendado, vamos por el segundo.

By BALANAGARAJAN M

Sep 06, 2019

I liked this material a lot. Being a beginner in Python or any programming language, I have been able to push myself gaining knowledge from zero to 60%. This course has helped me in increasing my confidence level on coding.

By Dmitry B

Aug 28, 2019

I've studied a bit of Programming at the university, but didn't have a chance to try Python. This course turned out to be a good entering point for someone interested in using Python for Data Science and Machine learning.

By Giovanni L B L

Nov 25, 2019

I want to thank Coursera for this course and the opportunity that they gave me to learn and do my best to finish this part of the course. I am applying what I learned from this course and I will do my best to learn more.

By Leanna W

Oct 25, 2018

Very interesting course material! Great introduction to Python's capabilities.

The final project was fun and solidified the aspects taught in the class.

Recommend this for anyone interested in programming in Python.

By Clarence E Y

Jan 26, 2019

This course provides an excellent introduction to the language through video lectures, quizzes, and labs. Mathematical functions and visualization examples enable users to understand practical applications of the tool.

By Valantine O O

Nov 18, 2019

the course is very good, pays attention to detail as not all learners are the same in grasping materials.

Also, it is very demanding and requires continuous studies.

Overall it's very educative, and engaging plus fun.

By Jorge S

Jan 05, 2020

Very interesting course to learn the essential concepts of Python. The examples and the exercises provide a clear view of this programming language and how to apply it to extract, manipulate and present your data.

By Mohamed O A T

Nov 17, 2019

Illustrated Information.

Detailed, easy to understand material

Focused information on a specific target (python for data science)

The most important point is the availability of strong and well-organized notebooks.

By Gary T

Mar 08, 2019

This is an important class and moment for me. This program and Coursera is amazing. This was a challenging course, sure introductory, but as a newbie to Python, I think I c an move on to intermediate Python.

By Kelsey W

Sep 24, 2018

The final project is as much as you put into it. I learned a lot and had to go back to my notes, past reading, etc. to complete the Fake Album Cover. I cannot wait to do more projects like this! Great class!

By Ha N

May 02, 2019

This course successfully gave me a basic foundation of Python for Data Science. I had a chance to learn about pandas and numpy, which are really essential for me as an Data Analyst Intern.

Thank you so much!