Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

176 - 200 of 2,987 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Courtney B

Dec 4, 2018

I was a complete newbie to Python, and coding in general, and this course made it easy for even a beginner like me to understand. I would honestly love to take an extended version of this course. That said, I have recommendations for improvement:

1) the labs didn't really make you think terribly hard about how to solve the questions, and I would have loved more complex lab work, especially because of the next point...

2) The complexity of the final project basically skyrockets from the rest of the course work. I feel like an extra week or two of going over the additional knowledge necessary to really succeed in the final project without major struggle would help tremendously. Conceptually, it seemed like it should be REALLY easy... if only I had a little more applicable practice work under my belt before hand. (I finished it successfully, but it was a bigger struggle than it perhaps should have been. I think many other people are in the same boat.)

By Whea L

Aug 24, 2020

This action-pack course is exactly what I am looking for. It's down-to-earth and practical. Instructors explain with videos once, then you get walk through in the labs, like a step by step guide.

The videos are of bitesize length so it's easier to concentrate on the concepts., and followed by quizzes that ask only the essentials. i love the part that i can experiment with the code myself after researching the concepts further on the internet.

It may be pretty demanding for complete beginners because each concept is introduced very succinctly, so if you have no clue with python at all, i think you need to research extra a lot in order to understand the concept. There are also a few minor typos which may affect the understanding, just really minor ones like a becomes b while b becomes a, or some general english typos.

Perfect for those who want to get a taste immediately what data science looks like, like myself.

By Luis R

Oct 18, 2020

Curso adequado tanto para completos iniciantes (primeira parte do curso) quanto para quem já conhece o básico e gostaria de conhecer e expandir seus conhecimentos nos módulos Pandas, Numpy e Matplotlib.

A parte teórica é apresentada com excelência em videos curtos de maneira bem direta e sintetizada, ideal para desenvolver um bom ritmo de aprendizado e de conclusão do curso.

A parte prática é montada de forma a possibilitar qur você aplique na hora exatamente o que acabou de aprender, acessando a plataforma após cada video por meio de links. Lá você vai encontrar exercicios simples e com explicações e passo a passo

O projeto final é simples, porém muito enriquecedor. Aplicando diretamente conhecimentos sobre os módulos aprendidos e códigos python na análise de um dataset disponibilizado e na geração de um dashboard de visualiação de dados.

By Paul A

Sep 24, 2020

The courses on the Applied Data Science specialization will spoil Coursera for you. I tried the Applied Data Science specialization out of curiosity; and quite frankly, I was happily surprised by quality. I really enjoyed the narrator and the amount of work put into the slides. They are effective at getting the point across and the course content gives you exactly what you need to succeed on the tasks at the end; granted, you have to put in some work, but overall is quite manageable to an "advanced beginner" like me. I felt challenged but not overpowered by the content. I really can't say enough good things about the this specialization and this course.

By Daniyal A

Oct 27, 2019

A highly recommended course for students/professionals who want to learn about Python Programming and its fundamentals. Your journey in this course starts by familiarizing yourself with Python Basics (Data Types, Expressions, Variables & Operations) in Module 1 and learning about Python Data Structures (Lists, Tuples, Sets & Dictionaries) in Module 2. Module 3 focuses on Programming Fundamentals (Conditions, Branching, Functions, Objects & Classes), whereas Module 4 gives you a hands-on experience of working with Data in Python. As you reach the end, Module 5 tests your knowledge and skills through a Final Project.

By Wesley E B

May 8, 2019

Great overview of Python. It's quite a useful quick brief explanation of how touples, lists, sets, dictionaries, classes, defining a function, file reading/writing, logic statements, data frames, single and two dimensional arrays and a few packages work. Honestly, most of it would probably be gibberish/hard to follow if one didn't already have a computer programming I and possibly computer programming II course from a college or university under their belt. I feel like these could have been way more graded assignments/quizzes applicable and easily-made.

By Rounak K

This is a good module for beginners in Python like myself. Great amount of examples and functions in the module which if practiced a few times will help understand them completely. I felt there would be no use in just rushing through the entire module and took time as scheduled and practiced the functions every now and then to get a better grasp.

May be the last bit on APIs was a difficult and the "nba_api" by Swar Patel was a bit sudden and I got lost.

But the final assignment was just perfect to understand my knowledge on the module.

By Dr_G@ur

Jul 15, 2020

Classic! For someone who has never programmed in his life but is gritty enough to make it to the field of Data Science, this course is a must. The way even most complicated concepts are explained smoothly and easiely, just loved it. Labs are exceptional. The way this course caters to the need of new programmers is highly appreciable. This would surely motivate budding Data Scientists and would instil much needed confidence in them.

No doubt much effort was put to make this course the waay it is. Loved it!

By Xiaowei Z

Apr 30, 2020

The course is systematically developed and clearly delivered. Through this course, I enriched my knowledge on the basic grammar of Python and acquired a new skills, just running towards my goal to be an outstanding Data Analyst. I will continue with the rest 3 courses included in the program Applied Data Science powered by IBM , with a strong belief that more values and competences could be added on myself after the completion of this program. Keep on moving forward!

By Renee W

Jun 27, 2019

This is the first time programming has made sense to me. The format and explanations simplified the material into understandable chunks. There were times a lot of concepts were reviewed at once without a lot of background (when and why would one use a list versus a dictionary versus etc., what on earth are 1 and 2 dimensional numpys for), but the final assignment did much to combine most of the material into a practical use example. Looking forward to learning more.

By Kumar S

Sep 16, 2019

This course was very helpful for me to understand all the basic concepts in python. I learned how to code in Python programming language. It covered the portions of the course content very well. Now i can analyze the data, can make a dashboard any many more things I learned here in this courses and thanks again to COURSERA for accepting my financial aid application. I was unable to pay. But now with support I've completed my course and learned a lot.

By Rohit B

Apr 9, 2020

This is an excellent introductory course to Python and key libraries. Just what I was looking for! I found the exercises to be fun and helpful in revising my learnings.

Compared to the first 4 courses in the IBM data sciene certification, there is definitely a lot more meat to the bone here. So be prepared for a steep learning curve if you decide to complete the course in a single stretch, even if you have a prior programming background.

By Robinson P P

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent Course. The lab session helps to understand the concept in details. Jupyter Notebook knowledge will help in a practical session. Speech to Text example through IBM Watson indeed gives the basic understanding of cloud computing and API. Much more examples can be added. Introduction to data writing/saving through pandas' library and analysis, help to dive in the Data Science world.

thank you for such a wonderful course.

By Silambarasan

Apr 16, 2020

My heartfelt thanks to the course era team & IBM team by providing such huge opportunity to learn the Python by simple video explanation and continued with practice method. definitely this learnings will take me into next level of my career. After completing this course i completely admired about your team efforts by the way of syllabus framing and simple video learning cum quiz approach, Cloud practices.

Thanks

Silambarasan K

By Kostyantyn B

May 5, 2019

Very intensive course with lots of new and essential information for newbies in Python. Gives if not enough knowledge to start (which is hardly achievable within short course) but gives enough understanding of direction where to search and how to do things. Final assignment appeared not to be clean and straightforward but all my questions were answered in forum (hence I suppose it was not unclear not for me only). Good luck!

By Francisco M

Apr 5, 2020

The course is good but sometimes the exercise texts are not very clear and some of the lessons are very straightforward, leaving many doubts. The course should have a larger series of exercises and an automatic correction system that facilitates the review of the exercises. In addition, it would be interesting to have a module on how to use IBMDB2 without the online platform, but through Jupyter on the computer.

By Sonu S B

Jun 11, 2020

This is a great way to learn Python for beginners. The videos are short and to the point. Instead of just showing the raw codes, the course helps you visualize how the codes are operating in the background using very simple figures/animations. The intermittent quizzes in the videos and the quizlet for each section was super helpful too in keeping track of your understanding. Highly recommend this course!

By Marcelo A M

Apr 15, 2020

Muy buen curso, de los mejores que hice on-line. Las explicaciones son muy claras, la pedagogía es excelente, todas las clases tienen su notebook. Realmente excelente. Seguiré adelante con los cursos de la especialización. Poder probar Watson es un plus para conocer la herramienta con un pequeño contacto. No participé de los foros pero por lo que vi los responsables del curso contestan mucho.

By Sagarika S

Jun 18, 2020

This course is really amazing. Anyone who doesn't know about python a Lil bit can also be master in python with this course. The instructors were really amazing and taught each topic clearly. I would recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn python basics as well as explore what python can do in Data science and AI. Thank you, Coursera and IBM for providing such a great course.

By Kishore B

Apr 26, 2020

I can imagine the amount of effort put by authors to teach the Python basics even for people with limited programming experience. Hats off to the authors and team which put together such an easy to understand notebooks. I was able to generate the URL for the dashboard though it was optional. So inspiring was the quality of teaching material, I didn't want to disappoint my masters.

By Tanmaya C

Nov 10, 2019

I am a new learner in the field of Data Science , this course will help me a lot in understanding the basic concepts of python & data science also the instructor of this course will explain the things very well , very clearly & have very good course content in terms of quality. So overall this course is amazing for any one who wants to start carrier in the field of Data Science

By Ermiyas B B

Apr 29, 2020

i was so happy in this course like lab materials and lecture also wonderful ; i got a lot of knowledge as developing country instructor such like learning system is helpful to improve our knowledge and to forward to our colleague and Students too .

Finally i would like to thank you Coursera and IBM for this opportunity to get knowledge and skill what i wish easily by online

By barak s

May 4, 2020

I have passed few courses as python for everyone (amazing course), but was stopping the course due to moving to new country, enough stress to be distracted :-)... Now, as we were been told to stay home as much as possible, the time has come to re-kindle my passion, Python!. Brilliant course due to your simple explanation knitted with straightforward animation. Well done!

By Jianxu S

Aug 29, 2019

This is one of the best Data Science courses I have taken! It is marked for "five weeks" but can be done in a week for beginners. It teaches Python while breaking down complex data management tasks into manageable pieces. There were some typos and out-of-date links (warning was given) but nothing major. I definitely recommend this course to people new to Data Science.

By ABHIJIT S

May 5, 2020

Good Day

I sincerely thank Coursera and IBM for this opportunity .

Thanks and Warm Regards.