Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF

Dec 19, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

JW

Nov 29, 2015

This was my first Coursera course, and I wasn't sure what to expect; but was very pleased with the organization, timescale things were run on, and overall neutrality of the course. Very well done!

1 - 25 of 181 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Raphaël H E S

Jan 15, 2019

Un poco repetitivo en el formato pero muy completo, te ayuda a tener una visión más clara sobre la sustentabilidad

By Talles G G

Jan 15, 2019

Excelente curso!

By Muhammad Z S

Jan 20, 2019

I highly recommend this course to ones who are working on sustainable energy this course is much worthy to clear your concepts about sustainability and sustainable future.

By Myriam V S A

Jan 07, 2019

Excelente desde todo punto de vista. Muy didáctico, entretenido. Me ayudó a comprender muchos conceptos que ahora uso frecuentemente en mi cargo.

By Leslie T V

Feb 22, 2019

incredible way to teach, complete material and exactly instructive lessons. great interaction student and teacher. perfect way to share knowledge with the rest of the world. I live in Brazil, and having access to this type of content is very cool.

By Hadis S G

Feb 17, 2019

Great course

By Jose U R

Mar 05, 2019

EXCELLENT COURSE

By Lavdrim X

Mar 19, 2019

Lots of information, and very well organised super course.

By kelley d

Mar 23, 2019

a great introduction with a variety of learning formats.

By Ahmeerah A

Mar 24, 2019

I learned so much. Thank you!!

By Anne-Laure M

Mar 25, 2019

Awsome, interesting, well structured. I strongly recommend.

By Rawya Z A

Jan 14, 2019

One of the courses that benefited me and expanded my perceptions and knowledge

By Yoshida M

Jul 15, 2018

It gave me a good overview of sustainability, key terms and the future.

By Sze K F

Nov 01, 2015

This is a good course and I can get a brief idea what the position is the earth is. Also, I can remember some key figures about the environment situation. The difficulties of the quizs are designed suitability for student memorizing key point and concepts

By Md S A

Sep 17, 2017

The course materials were very good. Overall, I really enjoyed this course.

By Cuauhtémoc O C

Jun 15, 2017

Muy profundamente se aborda la sostenibilidad. Muy recomendado

By Juan J S

Mar 01, 2018

Believe me! This course totally worth. Thank you Jonathan Thomkin, University of Illinois and Coursera staff.

By Lakshitha C

Apr 08, 2016

It covers all the necessary parts in sustainability

By Fatimaalowais

May 24, 2018

Great course. I learned so much and the course was the right place to start to learn about environmental policy and sustainability. It explains population, consumption, energy, water, touching on many inaccurate assumptions about the environment and sustainability. most of all, I enjoyed the sections that focused on policy options, which is the main reason I have been looking for that kind of courses.

By paulina c

Nov 02, 2015

I can tell, this course is a MUST!!

By Lucas B d O

May 09, 2016

I learned a lot. Now I need to study the legislation of my country to apply, with the knowledge acquired in this course, and help to improve our world for the next generations.

By Miguel R

Jan 17, 2017

A very interesting and complete MOOC regarding Sustainability, should be mandatory!

By Jason H

Sep 28, 2015

Excellent course and material. Really enjoyed this one. Thank you.

By Donald A

Dec 20, 2017

1st CLASS and top-notch in every way.

By David D

Feb 08, 2016

Excellent approach, divided each week into 'bite-size' components. One learns new vocabulary associated each subject area and the tests were well done to assure one understood and retained most of the expose. Bravo!