Back to The Business of Product Management I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Business of Product Management I by Advancing Women in Product

Sponsored by AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS). Learn real-world PM lessons from Amazon, Intuit, Procter and Gamble, Barnes and Noble, Whole Foods, Google, Mint Mobile, Juicero, Twitter, Tesla, Dropbox, Eventbrite, Blue, Samson, Coffee Meets Bagel, Mixpanel, and more! Featuring NANCY WANG, Head of Data Protection Services, Amazon Web Services; Founder and CEO, Advancing Women in Product; WAYNE DUSO, Vice President for Edge Computing, File Services, and Data Services, Amazon Web Services; ARUM KANG, Co-Founder & CEO, Coffee Meets Bagel; and AMIR MOVAFAGHI, CEO, Mixpanel; former Global Head of Business of Operations, Twitter....

BJ
Nov 2, 2020

Incredibly great course with a lot of learnings and examples. I highly recommend it to everyone! I can't wait to start Product Management II tomorrow :) Great job Nancy on the topics and examples

KL
Oct 22, 2020

This is the best PM course I've ever seen. Succinct, essential and covered in a systematic way. I'm a PM myself and I would say all content here are very pragmatic.

1 - 24 of 24 Reviews for The Business of Product Management I

By Naveen K S

Oct 7, 2020

To me personally, this specialization is a life changer. Nancy Wang is an awesome instructor and she teaches the best practices, tools, and skillsets to be a successful product manager. I suggest anybody who wants to get into product management must go with this course. As an icing on the cake, there is also an awesome community called AWIP. Which facilitates product aspirants to network with the best product minds.

Good Luck!

By Bahadir K

Sep 20, 2020

Nancy, you amazed me with your very clear explanation of PM and very well structured course. Looking forward to learn more from you.

By Carina O

Oct 13, 2020

I loved the emphasis on getting more women in technology. We need more leaders like Nancy!

By Fi D

Oct 13, 2020

This course is miles above the other product management courses on Coursera!

By Gordon

Sep 15, 2020

This is the greatest, most relevant product management course out there!

By Cheikh S N

Nov 11, 2020

Great course, with great insight really practical. I felt overall confident into pursuing the course but I felt lt also a bit overwhelmed by the characteristics of a good PM.

On the plus side : a lot of down to earth template that focus on the essential and are practical, a good overview of PM role in real life situation, a step by step approach to product management with competence and skills and advice from potential recruiter that is a plus.

On the room for improvement : the go to market part is very light.

I can't wait to go to part 2 of this class.

Thank you very much.

By JT

Nov 2, 2020

This course provides hands on experience about real life product management. The tools provided by Nancy have been particularly useful for me. I like the combination of multiple choice questions and "see one, teach one, do one" exercise. Hope I can get the product manager job of the product I have been working on.

By Nuala M

Oct 24, 2020

Genreal Points

Content was great - challenging and engaging - I was totally addicted to finishing out each section and getting 100% on every appraisal

Loved learning about the different companies / different founders / great diverse representation

Helping me build my confidence as a marketer comme tech founder

By Leticia F

Nov 19, 2020

The course taught by Nancy Wang has been very helpful to understand Product Management in the real world. The quizzes and assignments have been very meaningful and comprehensive. I am looking forward to the next course, The Business of Product Management II.

By Arjun G

Nov 18, 2020

The depth of the the content and the hands on approach through working on a product idea were great. I think this course should highlight how this course can benefit not only folks looking for a role as a product manager but also founders of companies.

By Katelyn O

Oct 25, 2020

I really valued the content provided throughout the course. I appreciate the course work assigned and the template provided as I can use these templates in real life! I also really loved listening to the guest speakers.

By Bettina J

Nov 3, 2020

By Karis L

Oct 22, 2020

By Nantariga P

Nov 8, 2020

Great structure, resources and easy-to-follow and manage in your own time. The transcript, notes and video are well made

By Florrie N

Oct 13, 2020

Nancy responded immediately when I pointed out that the links were buggy. Much appreciated!

By Shah R

Oct 13, 2020

Amazing. The most entertaining and informative course I've taken on Coursera.

By Polina G

Oct 29, 2020

Great course! Looking forward to learn more.

By Brenna S

Nov 12, 2020

Nancy is great and is clearly knowledgeable and passionate about product management, which is exactly what you want in an instructor when learning a new topic for yourself. I learned a lot, but still left with a few questions unanswered. For example, at what point do each of the tasks reviewed come into play? It would be great to know, for example, if an incoming new PM is often expected to create a new competitive analysis, or is that usually grandfathered in? Are you creating a new competitive analysis with each new product, or feature? The customer personas seem loosely defined and not based on market data that has been gathered from vetted demographic information, yet some answers to the quizzes are suspiciously specific. It was never clear if you just make educated guesses on the demographics and stick to it, or if the information is actually coming from a reputable source. Perhaps these questions will be answered in the next installments of this specialization, but only time will tell!

By Rebecca G

Oct 17, 2020

Thanks for a great course! I feel like this was a great overview of the many aspects of product management. In the beginning, I was a bit nervous as my current role is not defined as product management, but have come to learn that product management includes a lot of the foundational considerations that come with working towards a commercial strategy, so I'm not starting from zero.

It would be great to dive deeper into the technical requirements for product managers, including more focus on how to really analyse and understand user needs, identify roadblocks and opportunities to resolve user challenges, etc. I hope that's coming up in the next course!

By Daman D

Nov 11, 2020

The course was pretty insightful and engaging. Thanks for being a great instructor, Nancy.

It would however be great if we could have a summary video/pdf at the end of each course which the applicants could use as a reference. For example we learnt about TAM, SAM & SOM and to be able to use it in our day to day lives, maybe a reference doc we could refer to would be great. Just a thought. Thanks.

By Laura M

Oct 16, 2020

This was a great course and I learned a lot, however the reliance on google docs for assignments and the inability to just copy and paste google doc urls for peer-reviews was frustrating. I think it would be better for all students to post assignments into the assignment text-area so that no one has to go back and forth between different websites.

By Andrew D

Nov 23, 2020

Overall the content is there and I appreciate the pragmatic style of the course and real world examples. The videos need to edited though... they feel like a rough draft or they were rushed to get published. Not a show stopper, but it was annoying. It also heavily focuses on the tech industry; particularly in the bay area so be ready for that.

By Stacey W L

Sep 22, 2020

I loved this class. It helped me learn a few new things but also remember the thing that I did not think were important, but really are. I had a hard time with some of the language syntax in the questions, but loved the class over all and really want to continue and expand my career in product!!!!

By Zehra M

Oct 1, 2020

I've learned so many new things through this course that I was not really aware of. I felt confident as I completed each lesson and was excited to take on the next one. There were a few inconsistencies in the quizzes and some links were broken but the overall experience has been valuable!