Back to The Business of Product Management I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Business of Product Management I by Advancing Women in Tech

Sponsored by AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS). Learn real-world PM lessons from Amazon, Intuit, Procter and Gamble, Barnes and Noble, Whole Foods, Google, Mint Mobile, Juicero, Twitter, Tesla, Dropbox, Eventbrite, Blue, Samson, Coffee Meets Bagel, Mixpanel, and more! Featuring: * NANCY WANG, Head of Data Protection Services, Amazon Web Services; Founder and CEO, Advancing Women in Product * WAYNE DUSO, Vice President for Edge Computing, File Services, and Data Services, Amazon Web Services * ARUM KANG, Co-Founder & CEO, Coffee Meets Bagel * AMIR MOVAFAGHI, CEO, Mixpanel; former Global Head of Business of Operations, Twitter....

Apr 4, 2021

I really enjoyed this course because it was a good balance between the lectures and assignments. Doing the assignments not only helped me increase my confidence but also helped me expand my thinking.

RR

Dec 2, 2020

Fantastic course. I really enjoyed the interviews with industry experts. They were extremely insightful. The exercises and assignments were super useful and the templates made it easy to get started.

201 - 225 of 240 Reviews for The Business of Product Management I

By Zehra M

Oct 1, 2020

I've learned so many new things through this course that I was not really aware of. I felt confident as I completed each lesson and was excited to take on the next one. There were a few inconsistencies in the quizzes and some links were broken but the overall experience has been valuable!

By Vera Y

Jan 24, 2021

I really like the written assignments. This helped me to apply what I learned in the course to a real-world project. I feel like some of the video contents are a little bit too simple and too introductory. I wish the instructor could provide some materials that go deep into the topics.

By Gustavo C

Apr 12, 2021

The course is great, very well presented and the content is super relevant. My only pain was finding good in-depth examples to help with the assignments. For most of those, the example presented during class was somewhat superficial, whereas the necessary depth of the task was unclear.

By Yashas P

Jan 10, 2022

Great introduction to the concepts behind product management.

The course is really hands-on with lots of opportunities to read, think, listen, research and write about the topics, our own unique ideas and case studies - in the content as well as in the assignments.

By Laura S

Dec 15, 2021

I enjoyed all the techniques, examples and interviews very much, getting old skills in line and learning new ones. I would have wished more context for each technique and I'm looking forward to gain that knowledge in the upcoming courses.

By Iva B

May 4, 2021

The course is interesting and it gives a lot of insights from Google & AWS but what would be very helpful is some literature on topic to be shared as well as some topics are covered in 5-6 minutes videos and it doesnt give them justice.

By Oluwatosin A

Mar 11, 2022

I was an inresting one. Although i felt overwhelmed at week 3. I like that real life experiences where brought into the class. I would love AWIP to look into teaching us some soft skills such as research etc. Thank you AWIP

By Wendy

Jan 2, 2021

Overall, great PM class to take for beginners. Learned a lot from watching the videos and doing the assignments. Would love to learn and hear more about how people from a non-tech background transitioned into PM roles.

By Adete T

Sep 17, 2021

Great content, The platform delivery was not seamless with in-video quizzes popping up before the quiz topics were discussed. Also the assignment submission can be much easier if attachments can be submitted. Thanks.

By Guil E

Mar 4, 2021

In general a good course for basic concepts. I'd put a little more time in explaining some of the terminology throughout the course. Overall good context and good real world examples.

By Frederik R

Sep 17, 2021

The workflow of the docs does not work well with coursera maybe add a feature where one can submit a link "optional".

By Bharatha G

Jun 23, 2021

This course content is highly valuable for Product specialists who are targeting to be Product owners in a day.

By Anastasya S

Dec 28, 2021

I really like how this course covers the basic tools and show real-work of a Product Manager in a tech company

By Molly D

Jun 17, 2021

Great overview, but looking forward to part II. I would like to learn more nuts and bolts of how to be a PM.

By Chavan D B 2

Sep 14, 2021

This course is very insight full for a early product manager or for the one who wants to become one.

By Holly F

Jan 19, 2021

Very good introduction overall. Only feedback would be to work on improving quiz questions.

By CM F

Apr 16, 2022

A practical, hands-on-approach, for anyone looking to get stafrted in Product Management.

By Anita M

Apr 27, 2022

I​ believe this course gave me a good insight into the foundation of a product manager.

By Jaime B

Mar 31, 2021

When submitting assignments it takes too long to receive the reviews from your peers.

By DUY V

Feb 11, 2022

Very good course. There will be many weekly exercises for you to do and practice

By Alex X R

May 16, 2022

V​ery great build up course from easy to more complicated topics about product!

By brittany r t

Jun 15, 2021

The review quizzes need to be written better but the content overall was good.

By Uwa I

Oct 8, 2021

The course made me work. Very Real

By Lauren A

Feb 22, 2022

T​he instructor did a good job of explaining Amazon's approach to product management and sharing the tools and the rigorous process Amazon uses to evaluate new business opportunities. I came away with the information I hoped to get out of the course, including a rigorous framework with which to evaluate product opportunities.

With that said, the instruction left a lot to be desired. I'll highlight two areas that could be improved, although there are more. First is the instruction format. Most of the instruction is verbal, meaning that there are few visuals. The instructor is a talking head, reading from a script. It's difficult to process that much verbal information and remain focused on the content.

Second is the lack of context. The instructor is not good at setting context or explaining concepts at a high level before diving into details and using lots of jargon. What's the goal of what we're learning? Why are we doing it in the first place? For those who don't know the jargon, stop and explain it. And for those whose first language is not English, slow down.

For example, for the TAM/SAM/SOM exercise , the instructor gave a very short definition of each one without explaining why they're important. When it came time to explain our homework, she read from a template she'd put together of TAM/SAM/SOM calculations, including some assumptions that weren't even well defined in the analysis - she didn't say why she was using these numbers or how she'd arrived at them. When I went to grade other students' answers it was clear many did not fully understand the exercise. They were copying her template and changing the numbers without understanding the goal.

The course was worthwhile for me, but I definitely left frustrated by the format and the teaching.