Back to The Business of Product Management I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Business of Product Management I by Advancing Women in Tech

Sponsored by AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS). Learn real-world PM lessons from Amazon, Intuit, Procter and Gamble, Barnes and Noble, Whole Foods, Google, Mint Mobile, Juicero, Twitter, Tesla, Dropbox, Eventbrite, Blue, Samson, Coffee Meets Bagel, Mixpanel, and more! Featuring NANCY WANG, Head of Data Protection Services, Amazon Web Services; Founder and CEO, Advancing Women in Product; WAYNE DUSO, Vice President for Edge Computing, File Services, and Data Services, Amazon Web Services; ARUM KANG, Co-Founder & CEO, Coffee Meets Bagel; and AMIR MOVAFAGHI, CEO, Mixpanel; former Global Head of Business of Operations, Twitter....

RR
Dec 2, 2020

Fantastic course. I really enjoyed the interviews with industry experts. They were extremely insightful. The exercises and assignments were super useful and the templates made it easy to get started.

Apr 4, 2021

I really enjoyed this course because it was a good balance between the lectures and assignments. Doing the assignments not only helped me increase my confidence but also helped me expand my thinking.

26 - 50 of 142 Reviews for The Business of Product Management I

By Jacqueline K

Apr 6, 2021

The Business of Product Management I was a great introductory course to PM. I enjoyed having assignments in which I could apply the information provided in the course to the product I am currently building. It has allowed me to really dive into my product and identify potential weaknesses I was not able to see before. Now I have some basic tools to strengthen my product and grow my business.

By Sergio L d S J

Jul 15, 2021

This was an excellent course, I learn a lot about product management and how to keep in track to change my career to be a PM. The course gives a lot of insights that I can apply on my daily activities and improve my knowledge in this subject. Hope to keep learn more about PM in the next courses of this specialization.

Thanks to Coursera and AWIP to provide this amazing content to us!

By Emma K

Jun 26, 2021

Excellent course with a lot of good insights about how to excel in being responsible for a product and I do highly recommend this course. I also appreciated Nancy having such an honest, genuine and intelligent way in teaching these insights which makes the course even greater.

My level is I´m new to the PM role but having worked in an agile organization for some time.

By Irina P

Feb 1, 2021

I'm happy I took this course.

Nancy provides information in a well-structured and easy to digest form.

Templates and examples shared in this course help to seamlessly transition from theory to practice.

Interviews with Product Management leaders and entrepreneurs helped me to understand core principles and values that leaders in technology companies rely on.

By Olga F

Dec 12, 2020

It was so interesting and new for me!

At the beginning I thought that course will be very easy, but then I understood that I was wrong.

Tasks where we describe our customer persona and competitive analysis were very interesting and helpful for my current job.

And the final part was so inspirational! Thank you for this course. I'll registrate to second part.

By Sylvia R M

Apr 30, 2021

This course was detailed and challenging for me. I'm working on our startup during the day and this course on weekends and when I could. All of the assignments were relevant and very timely as we are building this startup. Would recommend to anyone including those folks who are in the beginning or in the middle of their startup journey. Thank you!

By Erick A

Dec 7, 2020

One of the best introductory PM courses available in Coursera, the contents are clear and well structured, definitely liked the see done, do one, tech one.

I've been working on Product for 2 years now and I took the course to strengthen my skills, I definitely feel more exited to continue on this path and willing to dig deeper on the topics we covered.

By Brent S

Jun 22, 2021

Well thought out and staggered learning sessions. There was just enough practical exercises to encourage growth but not deter anyone from continuing on with the training. If there could be a final packet with an overview of the content and the question / practical exercises published on completion of the module, that would be extremely useful.

By Tuomas A

May 30, 2021

Thank you Nancy and AWIT!

T​his was the first course I accomplished on Coursera and I'm excited to continue learning with the next one. The content of the course was very well balanced - there were lots of information to learn but not too much to accomplish required assignments in time. I also liked Nancy's supportive way of teaching very much.

By Елена Я

Apr 1, 2021

Thank you Nancy! You made a great course and big job. It's so excited to see that people from all over the world try do our life better. I love solving problem of the product and make easy way for customers. The advices, methods and system from course are very helpful. I use every day all new knowledge which I have got from Nancy.

By JT

Nov 2, 2020

This course provides hands on experience about real life product management. The tools provided by Nancy have been particularly useful for me. I like the combination of multiple choice questions and "see one, teach one, do one" exercise. Hope I can get the product manager job of the product I have been working on.

By Vanessa K

Feb 28, 2021

Overall is was very good. I was surprised by how challenging the quizzes were. There would always be 3-4 questions that could have had 1 of 2 answers and I would choose incorrectly. Ultimately I had to adjust my note taking strategy from details to how and chunk up to focus on understanding broader concepts.

By Nuala M

Feb 22, 2021

Genreal Points

Content was great - challenging and engaging - I was totally addicted to finishing out each section and getting 100% on every appraisal

Loved learning about the different companies / different founders / great diverse representation

Helping me build my confidence as a marketer comme tech founder

By Isabela C

Mar 21, 2021

I loved the build up of notions and concepts through the see one-do one - teach one methodology!

And the interviews of CEO's at the end were inspiring and I could interpret them through much more sophisticated lenses with the tools I learnt in the course.

Overall a great course that I would highly recommend!

By Kierra A

Jan 27, 2021

This is the second product management course I've taken on Coursera, and I found it so helpful. You finish the course with a product portfolio that you develop in peer-reviewed assignments, and the "lectures" are very informative. The whole class is helpful and has a great balance of learning and doing.

By Lyndal H

Apr 11, 2021

Absolutely loved this course. It taught all the fundamentals that I was looking to learn such as TAM / SAM, / SOM, MVP's, competitor analysis and building customer personas. Great level of interactivity throughout kept me engaged. As a new product manager, this got me at exactly the point that I needed

By dyson d

Mar 2, 2021

Great Introductory course. well explained and well structured.

Would recommend it to folks who are interested in getting aligned to a product mindset.

I did find it difficult to get bureau data or recognized source of information for my Competitive analysis exercise and had to assume a lot of numbers.

By Phoebe L

Mar 2, 2021

I have a much greater understanding now of what a PM's job is. I've worked with many PMs in the past, but never had a great understanding of what they did and what their responsibilities were. I'm excited to take the rest of the courses in the specialization and grow my knowledge even further.

By Joshua H

May 3, 2021

Great course. The course taught you how to think about products and gave modern examples. The content is as recent as 1 year ago. The amount of work was perfect. It gave you the flexibility to dig into the projects if you wanted but wasn't so easy that you can guess your way through it.

By Carla P

Jul 28, 2021

Deep introduction with lots of good information. For me, it is about learning a new lingo, as I have been doing the function of PM for many years but under the marketing umbrella and therefore, with a slightly different vocabulary. I am eager to start the next module. Thank you!

By skurella

Dec 16, 2020

The course is very engaging and in my view well structured. The videos were not too long and each topic is very clearly introduced. The interviews with industry leaders and their experience keeps the student engaged and helps them get the perspective of experienced leaders.

By Pierfrancesco M

Dec 17, 2020

This course offers good examples of real world cases with excellent testimonials by key industry profiles. At the beginning, proposed assignments seem challenging but after few tries you feel more confident, eager to put your own effort and eventually you feel inspired.

By Vedrana M

Dec 2, 2020

I loved this course. My favorite parts were the exercises. I appreciated the templates (e.g. competitive analysis) that AWIP provided as they differed from the ones that I have seen used in my sector. Overall, I think the course was worth the money and time. Thank you.

By Nirupama P V

Mar 28, 2021

I really loved this course- the videos were detailed and engaging. The interview-style conversations reinforced the concepts and introduced the practical aspects. The assignments were truly the best- they forced me to think and apply to my own (digital) products.

By Prathamesh P

May 9, 2021

So much value !!!

Appreciate all the insights from the industry and how they are varied in terms of the companies and domains. Pleasantly surprised to see a case study on a hardware product like Juicero.

Assignments were challenging in a way that kept me engaged.