Back to The Business of Product Management I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Business of Product Management I by Advancing Women in Tech

Sponsored by AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS). Learn real-world PM lessons from Amazon, Intuit, Procter and Gamble, Barnes and Noble, Whole Foods, Google, Mint Mobile, Juicero, Twitter, Tesla, Dropbox, Eventbrite, Blue, Samson, Coffee Meets Bagel, Mixpanel, and more! Featuring: * NANCY WANG, Head of Data Protection Services, Amazon Web Services; Founder and CEO, Advancing Women in Product * WAYNE DUSO, Vice President for Edge Computing, File Services, and Data Services, Amazon Web Services * ARUM KANG, Co-Founder & CEO, Coffee Meets Bagel * AMIR MOVAFAGHI, CEO, Mixpanel; former Global Head of Business of Operations, Twitter....

Apr 4, 2021

I really enjoyed this course because it was a good balance between the lectures and assignments. Doing the assignments not only helped me increase my confidence but also helped me expand my thinking.

RR
Dec 2, 2020

Fantastic course. I really enjoyed the interviews with industry experts. They were extremely insightful. The exercises and assignments were super useful and the templates made it easy to get started.

176 - 200 of 201 Reviews for The Business of Product Management I

By Adete T

Sep 17, 2021

Great content, The platform delivery was not seamless with in-video quizzes popping up before the quiz topics were discussed. Also the assignment submission can be much easier if attachments can be submitted. Thanks.

By Guil E

Mar 4, 2021

In general a good course for basic concepts. I'd put a little more time in explaining some of the terminology throughout the course. Overall good context and good real world examples.

By Frederik R

Sep 17, 2021

The workflow of the docs does not work well with coursera maybe add a feature where one can submit a link "optional".

By Bharatha G

Jun 23, 2021

This course content is highly valuable for Product specialists who are targeting to be Product owners in a day.

By Anastasya S

Dec 28, 2021

I really like how this course covers the basic tools and show real-work of a Product Manager in a tech company

By Molly D

Jun 17, 2021

Great overview, but looking forward to part II. I would like to learn more nuts and bolts of how to be a PM.

By Chavan D

Sep 14, 2021

This course is very insight full for a early product manager or for the one who wants to become one.

By Holly F

Jan 19, 2021

Very good introduction overall. Only feedback would be to work on improving quiz questions.

By Jaime

Mar 31, 2021

When submitting assignments it takes too long to receive the reviews from your peers.

By brittany r t

Jun 15, 2021

The review quizzes need to be written better but the content overall was good.

By Uwa I

Oct 8, 2021

The course made me work. Very Real

By Erin E

Jun 27, 2021

The material presented is good and I found it to be great at building those Product Management fundamentals.

Areas that could be improved though:

1. Presentation material could be better aligned with Adult Learning methodologies in mind. Example, better slides and handouts for more visual learners. The section on TAM, SAM and SOM would have been better if the slides not only showed the circles, but also called out the definition, how it is calculated etc.

2. Less focus on split screen and more focus on the material presented. There were times it was hard to see the demo materials because it was so small on the screen due to split screen. For example the section on Competitive Analysis, the spreadsheet was really small on the screen and it made it difficult to follow along.

3. Many times there are assumptions made that learns know companies listed or discussed. Not all learners come from the SFO area or even the tech space. If you are going to use a company in a quiz question, make sure the learner knows what the company is first.

By Rini P

Jan 1, 2021

I enjoy the basic principles of product being explained and supported by insightful interview of some people.

the thing i less enjoy is related to many references is taken from american startup/product. Because I come from Indonesia, and the ecosystem in Asia, especially South East Asia is very different here, especially the problem we are facing about the user is mostly about lack of digital literacy. Meanwhile in the West country, mostly of the user is have good digital literacy.

By Janna B

Aug 22, 2021

Having no business background this course was interesting and I learned a lot about product management. There was a good amount of information and vocabulary that I had to look up though. I would have preferred to take a general business class before taking this one.

By Brianna P

May 20, 2021

This way a pretty good high level overview of some of the key principles of Product Management. My favorite part was doing the Competitive Analysis because I feel like I really benefited a lot from that.

By Hacel G D C

Sep 11, 2021

1. Good overview about what PM is about

2. See One, Do One is not enough. I wish instructor can also make personal feedback on the assignments submitted and not just let peers do the evaluation.

By Pamela L

Jan 8, 2021

Achei um curso um pouco superficial no sentido de que tudo era superficialmente explicado e depois você já tinha que fazer uma atividade um pouco mais complicada do que o que foi ensinado.

By Bhagya W

Mar 22, 2021

Good content. I would have preferred to receive detailed feedback for assignments

By Evgenya K

Dec 15, 2021

nive

By Brandy L

May 24, 2021

I would not call this a beginner-level course. You have to have basic business and management knowledge in order to complete assignments.

By Anas A

Nov 30, 2021

C​ontent is very basic.

The instructor is reading from her notes all the time. It is not engaging to watch.

The video is edited in the worst possible way. It is hard to follow.

I​ had the worst customer experince as a learner while studying a course that focuses on customer experience!

By Asmaa A

Sep 24, 2021

Good information but a bad illustration I am afraid. Overall a quite confusing course especially when it comes to the assignments and quizzes.

By Yepeng S

Sep 3, 2021

No slides provided, no reading materials;

The presentation is not systematic, probably it is a new area.