Back to Business Strategies for Social Impact

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Strategies for Social Impact by University of Pennsylvania

When is it good business practice to invest for social good? What are the most innovative and effective business strategies for developing positive social impact around the world? Designed by renowned Wharton professors Katherine Klein and Chris Geczy to help individuals, organizations, and investors bring about societal change, this course introduces the fundamentals of impact investing, and developing a business strategy that drives social impact. You’ll learn how to become a leader who cultivates purpose and inspires change, measure societal impact through evidence-based models, and invest in ventures effectively and meaningfully. By the end of this course, you’ll have a deep understanding of the realities of leading an organization with purpose, and be able to build successful strategies that bring impactful change to the world....

PH

Jan 01, 2018

Great course; very insightful look into how business and other organizations can effect positive social impact in the course of achieving their objectives and completing routines.

GO

Dec 02, 2018

Awesome courses with great lecturers. It takes commitment and discipline to complete an online course. The lecturers really helped in keeping my interest alive.

1 - 25 of 48 Reviews for Business Strategies for Social Impact

By João F

May 06, 2019

Great course, except for module 4 witch has a very different style, excessively technical for people starting on the subject (would trade for the EVPA kind of approach to impact investing)

Still I would defenetly recommend the course for people that want to start to understand more on social impact.

By Tracey T

Dec 03, 2018

This course helps me to understand the area of impact investing in a more systematic way. I appreciated to have an opportunity to learn. I would like to further apply what I learn in my career in this area. It also provided a chance to know more people in this area. Overall, I find it helpful and want to explore more in this space. Thank you Katherine and Chris!

By Chloe W

Oct 15, 2018

Fantastic course - it wasn't padded at all with generic information. I really feel like I learned and have tangible models that I can apply to a career in social impact. I also really appreciated the numerous real life examples to illustrate points made in the lectures.

By Bernadette C

May 08, 2018

I would recommend this course to anyone who has an interest in social entrepreneurship or anyone who wants an in dept understanding on measuring social impact. It is extremely informative, engaging and a challenge.

By 刘峰

Feb 13, 2019

Very helpful courses, conceptual knowledge and interviews give us a deeper understanding of the concepts. At the same time, it also has a deep reference to the practice process of public welfare entrepreneurship!

By Alua S

Dec 14, 2018

One of the best courses I took on Coursera. Very insightful and up to date with current developments in the social impact sector. Highly recommend to anyone willing to get a big picture of what social impact is.

By Siddharth S

Feb 15, 2020

Fantastic Course and I must thank the facilitators for providing a fantastic overview of the Social Impact sector.

I recommend this course to anyone who wants to understand the ESG or Social Impact sector.

By Pete H

Jan 01, 2018

By Gideon O

Dec 02, 2018

By Devon W

Jul 08, 2019

Wonderfully packed with information and relevant examples. I personally found the Impact Investing portion fairly niche and a little harder to follow.

By Guy G

Aug 28, 2018

A course well worth taking. It handles a lot of ethical and moral situations and provides interesting real life anecdotes.

By Kemas T

Mar 26, 2020

This course is really great to get insight on better understanding of what company should run social impact program.

By Framee L

Jul 15, 2018

It helps me to understand how company effect to social and how best to be aware and be focus. Thank you!

By Akshay K

Dec 26, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. Easy to follow and taught by a great interactive teacher.

By Glenda W

Sep 11, 2018

Excellent overview of social impact investing. Well-structured and easy to follow.

By Kate R

Jun 23, 2019

Super course with a very good dive into all the key aspects of impact investing

By henry o

Oct 19, 2018

Thanks for such an insightful and educating course, was well worth the time

By Kelly L

Apr 07, 2018

Katherine Kline is a gem! I truly enjoyed her lectures and learned so much.

By Paul L

Mar 11, 2020

The learnings were experiential and I could understand what was taught.

By Dana V

Feb 20, 2019

Excellent course. Looking forward to taking several more on this topic.

By Marek B

Oct 18, 2018

Superbly presented, excellent case studies and really well thought out

By Chen C C

Dec 15, 2019

Great course with broad concept of social impact and impact investing

By Marta D A

Oct 20, 2019

The last module was a bit confusing. Katherine was amazing though

By Lisa N

Aug 03, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, especially Prof Klein's lectures.

By Marina B

Dec 02, 2019

Very clear and useful to get an overview on the topic.