Back to Business Strategies for Social Impact

Business Strategies for Social Impact, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

When is it good business practice to invest for social good? What are the most innovative and effective business strategies for developing positive social impact around the world? Designed by renowned Wharton professors Katherine Klein and Chris Geczy to help individuals, organizations, and investors bring about societal change, this course introduces the fundamentals of impact investing, and developing a business strategy that drives social impact. You’ll learn how to become a leader who cultivates purpose and inspires change, measure societal impact through evidence-based models, and invest in ventures effectively and meaningfully. By the end of this course, you’ll have a deep understanding of the realities of leading an organization with purpose, and be able to build successful strategies that bring impactful change to the world....

By PH

Jan 01, 2018

Great course; very insightful look into how business and other organizations can effect positive social impact in the course of achieving their objectives and completing routines.

By GO

Dec 02, 2018

Awesome courses with great lecturers. It takes commitment and discipline to complete an online course. The lecturers really helped in keeping my interest alive.

24 Reviews

By Tracey Tsai

Dec 03, 2018

This course helps me to understand the area of impact investing in a more systematic way. I appreciated to have an opportunity to learn. I would like to further apply what I learn in my career in this area. It also provided a chance to know more people in this area. Overall, I find it helpful and want to explore more in this space. Thank you Katherine and Chris!

By Gideon Omoyibo

Dec 02, 2018

By henry ogbuagu

Oct 19, 2018

Thanks for such an insightful and educating course, was well worth the time

By Marek Boguszewicz

Oct 18, 2018

Superbly presented, excellent case studies and really well thought out

By Chloe Warren

Oct 15, 2018

Fantastic course - it wasn't padded at all with generic information. I really feel like I learned and have tangible models that I can apply to a career in social impact. I also really appreciated the numerous real life examples to illustrate points made in the lectures.

By Debbie Buchwald

Oct 02, 2018

Good overview.

By Glenda White

Sep 11, 2018

Excellent overview of social impact investing. Well-structured and easy to follow.

By Guy Grimm

Aug 28, 2018

A course well worth taking. It handles a lot of ethical and moral situations and provides interesting real life anecdotes.

By Mukul Pareek

Aug 27, 2018

Very hollow in nature. The other courses are far better.

By Lisa Nixdorf

Aug 03, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, especially Prof Klein's lectures.