Who is this degree for?
The MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MSIE) is designed for professionals in charge of, or interested in, product innovation and business development. Entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, and intrapreneurs (professionals who want to lead entrepreneurial projects within existing organizations) will also find the program extremely relevant.
This program will help you to prepare for a career in business as:
- An entrepreneur
- A consultant in innovation management
- A decision-maker for launching innovative projects and making R&D investments
- A member of the executive team in a company
If you intend to pursue a PhD degree upon graduation or apply for employment which requires a master-level degree beyond 90 ECTS credits, investigate whether the MSIE meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.
The degree is offered twice per year with start dates in June and December.
Benefits of applying earlier:
- Submit application materials in a timely manner
- Gain early feedback from a personal enrollment counselor
- Secure your spot in the next cohort of students
Applicants for the degree program must have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- A potential project idea
- Strong command of written and spoken english
High-quality professional experience in innovation and/or entrepreneurship, will play a key role in the success of your application.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria, but have demonstrated strong academic performance in the HEC Paris MasterTrack® Certificate in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship, will be considered for admission and should apply.
We seek in-depth information about your personal motivation and skills in order to understand how this program will help you achieve your professional goals.
The final selection is based on your online application, plus written essays, recommendations, and an online video presentation of your project and motivations. In some cases, you may be invited to a phone interview with one of the Program Directors.
Admissions decisions are delivered within 2-3 weeks of submitting your application (an additional interview with you may be requested).
How to Apply
Start an application and submit the following documents:
- A 3-minute online video pitch focusing on your motivations for participating in the program. Highlight examples demonstrating an entrepreneurial mindset during your career. These examples can come from within or outside your current company. Please post your video pitch on YouTube. Participants based in China can use YouKu. Provide us with a private link to the video in your application file.
- Submit your answers to 7 essay questions regarding your motivations to joining the program and professional background.
- 2 online recommendation forms.
- A copy of your university transcripts, a copy of your degree, and resumé (CV).
- If you have completed the GMAT or the GRE, upload your results. Please note, that although the submission of a GMAT or GRE score is not mandatory, scores will be taken into consideration.
- If you are currently enrolled, or have completed, the MasterTrack® Certificate In Innovation Management And Entrepreneurship, submit your proctored exam results in order to earn credits towards the degree.
- Non-refundable application fee of €100.
- 44 different nationalities (20% from the United States and Canada, 15% from France, 11% from India, 6% China, and 48% from other countries)
- Students average age: ~36
- Average years of professional experience: ~13
- 77% men and 23% women
- 80% are working in a company or large organisation
- 60% looking to start a business
- 20% already have launched or started a business
- 25% aspiring to boost their career internally
- Most common job titles: 31% Manager, 17% Director, 17% CEO and Founder
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.