MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The HEC Paris MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MSIE) is composed of two distinct parts. In part one, you will complete a fundamental phase of online study.
PART I : 10 FUNDAMENTAL COURSES - OVER 6 MONTHS
These online foundational courses enable participants to acquire the skills needed to scale up a company, boost creativity, manage new product development processes, capitalize on social media for marketing purposes and clearly define business strategy in individual contexts.
• Entrepreneurial Strategy: from Ideation to Exit
• Building your Leadership Skills
• Boosting Creativity
• Business Strategy
• New Product Development
• Design Thinking
• Social Entrepreneurship and Change-making
• Organizational Design and Management
• Marketing through Social Media
• Scaling Up Operations
PART II : 10 PROJECT-BASED COURSES - OVER 12 MONTHS
The Degree part of the program, in which participants work on a team project, enables participants to apply all the theories and practical expertise gained during the program to create a new product, service, brand or organization.
The goal is to move a team project forward, from initial conception to commercialization during the project-based period. Participants will be mentored as a team by a highly experienced entrepreneur/business leader.
- Team Working
- Developing a Customer-centric Strategy through Marketing
- Fundamentals of Negotiations
- Strategic Management of Innovation
- Managing the Performance of a Growing Enterprise
- Business Model Innovation with the Odyssey 3.14 approach
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Intellectual Property Law for New Businesses
- How to Create a Business Plan
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
Successful completion of Part One and Part Two leads to the MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Upon graduation, you’ll be able to:
- Develop innovative and high-potential commercial opportunities
- Drive innovation and business development
- Develop products or services in a start-up context or within an existing organization
- Work effectively in teams to plan and execute complex business initiatives
Get started today
You can earn a career credential and credit towards the MSIE degree with a MasterTrack® Certificate program. If admitted to the full MSIE program, you won’t need to repeat any assignments you’ve completed.
Earn a MasterTrack® Certificate
• Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship - 5 courses
Cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset while earning a career credential. Learn the skills needed to develop intriguing business ideas and bring them to market.
Learn more about the MasterTrack® Certificate
Try a course
• Entrepreneurship Strategy: From Ideation to Exit
This course covers in the chronological order each defining step of an entrepreneurial project.
If you are admitted to the full program, your progress count towards your degree learning.
Enroll in the course
The HEC Paris MSIE degree is comprised of 20 courses, which will take 18 months to complete, at an average of 20 hours per week.
The degree experience includes
Online learning: The same kind of courses found on campus, with the flexibility to learn anywhere at anytime.
Interactive: Collaborate with a global network of classmates, instructors, and alumni.
Engaging: Innovative courses with lectures from some of the world’s best instructors and hands-on projects.
Career-focused: Practical courses designed to help you master skills and apply them to your career right away.
Coursera on Mobile
Access all course materials anywhere with the mobile app, used by over 80 percent of degree students on Coursera. Available on iOS and Android.
Using the mobile app, learners can:
- Save a week’s worth of content for offline access with one click
- Save and submit quizzes offline
- View text transcripts of lecture videos
- Take notes directly in the app
- Set reminder alerts to help you make progress
Download Coursera's mobile app
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.