Back to Analyze Data to Answer Questions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Analyze Data to Answer Questions by Google

This is the fifth course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. These courses will equip you with the skills needed to apply to introductory-level data analyst jobs. In this course, you’ll explore the “analyze” phase of the data analysis process. You’ll take what you’ve learned to this point and apply it to your analysis to make sense of the data you’ve collected. You’ll learn how to organize and format your data using spreadsheets and SQL to help you look at and think about your data in different ways. You’ll also find out how to perform complex calculations on your data to complete business objectives. You’ll learn how to use formulas, functions, and SQL queries as you conduct your analysis. Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources. Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will: - Learn how to organize data for analysis. - Discover the processes for formatting and adjusting data. - Gain an understanding of how to aggregate data in spreadsheets and by using SQL. - Use formulas and functions in spreadsheets for data calculations. - Learn how to complete calculations using SQL queries....

Apr 3, 2021

I love love love all of the new SQL and spreadsheet functions I've learned. I am really excited to use this skills to making an impact in my future projects.

MB
Mar 28, 2021

The labs were much more informative and good practice in this course compared to the previous courses.

1 - 23 of 23 Reviews for Analyze Data to Answer Questions

By Samantha B

Mar 31, 2021

There needs to be a QA review of the quizzes for Course 5. Some of the quizzes mark correct answers as wrong. I have literally plugged a formula into a spreadsheet (ie, vlookup section) or tested a SQL query with my own data set and I was able to get the correct answer, but it was marked as wrong on the quiz. Other quiz questions just didn't make much sense, like a question where a group by clause was supposed to be used but the group by field wasn't included in the select statement. The errors/inconsistencies are frustrating. I didn't have these problems with courses 1 - 4.

By Apurv G

Apr 5, 2021

Some part of the course goes into very basic and some part of the course goes to advance part very fast.

Entire course Audio is too low.

The course contains very basics of Data analysis.

By Xinyu Z ( - A

Mar 25, 2021

There are lack of practices on session of subqueries.

By Gyuyong H

Apr 2, 2021

The difficulty level has gone up so high from the previous module.

It was quite difficult to follow on some part of the module.

By L T

Apr 1, 2021

Good information, well delivered. The only thing I don't like are the QwikLabs. They're awkward to get into, and then a lot of the instructions involve cutting and pasting SQL queries rather than learning to type and format them yourself. I try to understand what I've pasted, but in the more complex ones I still have trouble. The course (and earlier ones) should take more time on simpler queries typed in manually before moving on to cutting and pasting for complex queries.

By Renee E

Mar 19, 2021

Could use some work - possibly spending more time breaking down the SQL sections and rearranging the order of some of the videos/readings.

By Rosana S

Gratitude!

I am in fact a lifelong learner and I had the opportunity to participated in many top notch development experiences. But none like this. I am amazed! 8:-)

Too bad I didn´t have an opportunity like this before. But never is too late.

I wish that many fellows come by and learn how to improved their skills. Thank you Coursera and Google!!!

By Nicholas L

Mar 16, 2021

Great primer for more complex SQL queries and data processing. I've often just leaned on post-processing data after doing my SQL queries in spreadsheets/python, but with these new tools it should make my processing much more front-loaded!

By Jesús E C C

Apr 8, 2021

My abilities and comprehension of SQL grew.

By J. E M

Apr 4, 2021

Overall, this was the best one so far since it wasn't all review like some of the first ones were. That's on me because I come into this with some experience and the setup is so you don't have any. However, I can imagine if you don't have any SQL experience this could have been more challenging. There are some hands on activities, but not enough to really get the learner completely comfortable with new syntax and thought processes.

By Kurtis B

Apr 13, 2021

Was a really tough course but learned so much. I'm really excited to start putting some of it into practice so I can truly understand how everything throughout this course works and how I'll use it in my career.

By Ryan J B

Apr 12, 2021

This course is very great for gaining hands-on experience with SQL, as well as instilling the critical thinking skills essential to the data analysis process. Definitely worth the pricetag.

By Senaka S

Apr 4, 2021

By Matthew B

Mar 29, 2021

By Ginger G

Apr 5, 2021

Learned alot more SQL Functions and a few new ones in Sheets. Some BigQuery Sandbox/Qwiklab issues.

By Peter S

Apr 11, 2021

The course provided a very good introduction to SQL and BigQuery in relation to Data Analytics.

By dax

Apr 9, 2021

Great course. I am learning a lot.

By Nauan S

Apr 6, 2021

Need more SQL exercises

By Leif S

Apr 3, 2021

Give more examples for new beginners and maybe try to organize it better. Maybe a section just on spreadsheets and a section just on sql

By Mehdi M

Apr 12, 2021

It's an amazing course however it could help more if there was a project to submit and graded.

By Christine S

Apr 8, 2021

Some questions in the course challenge have wrong options so I need to retake it to get 100%

By ZHOU T

Apr 6, 2021

hard core courses but too easy exercices. hope the exercices would be consistent

By Hinna H