Back to Automating Real-World Tasks with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Automating Real-World Tasks with Python by Google

In the final course, we'll tie together the concepts that you’ve learned up until now. You'll tackle real-world scenarios in Qwiklabs that will challenge you to use multiple skills at once. First, we'll take a closer look at how to use external Python modules to extend your code's capabilities, and spend some time learning how to use documentation to learn a new module. For example, we'll use the Python Image Library (PIL) to create and modify images. We'll show you some simple examples of how to perform common tasks in the course material, but it will be up to you to explore the module documentation to figure out how to solve specific problems. Next, we'll show you how to communicate with the world outside of your code! You'll use data serialization to turn in-memory objects into messages that can be sent to other programs. Your program will send messages across the network to Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) offered by other programs. For those times when your code needs to talk to a person instead of a program, you'll also learn to send email messages. At the end of this course, you’ll be able to take a description of a problem and use your skills to create a solution -- just like you would on the job. In your final capstone project, you'll be given a description of what your customer needs, and it will be up to you to create a program to do it!...

SR
Mar 5, 2021

So hard, but thanks God, I'm here now still alive :)\n\nThanks, Google! It's such a wonderful journey through your courses on day-to-day task and real-world problem solving... and I really like it!

HG

To me, this is the best course in the specialization. It helps you realize how far you've gotten from just barely learning Python and it also has the best labs where you can practice your skills.

276 - 300 of 316 Reviews for Automating Real-World Tasks with Python

Mar 10, 2021

cool

By Ahmad H N

Mar 8, 2021

Good

By Habib B K

Feb 24, 2021

By KASI V

Nov 19, 2020

By Aimy N B M Y

Nov 11, 2020

yeay

By Hitik S

Jun 10, 2020

good

By Tha S

Apr 23, 2020

By Nithish k

May 1, 2021

By Siew P L

Feb 26, 2021

This was a good course to put what we learned in earlier courses into practice. The experience is slightly marred by the Week 4 lab where I couldn't pass the step for "Generate a PDF report and send it through email" even though my email is generated and the PDF looks the same, other than of course the date and the order of fruits. There is no specification on the fruits being ordered in a particular way, not did the given screenshot suggest a particular order. I've spent way too much time on this step and there is no indication on what is amiss. Please either provide feedback to users when that step fails, or update the instructions to be more specific (on linebreaks, format, ordering etc) or relax the grading criteria. A search in the discussion forum reveals other users facing the same problem.

This ruins the otherwise fun exercise.

By Aramis M

Jun 7, 2020

This final course, especially the last lab, was a good challenge! Luckily the labs were mostly consistent with the material, save for a few gotchas to spice things up a bit. The only issue was a bug preventing me from enrolling in the course after all the prior courses were completed. I'm grateful that the rep I reached out to, named Martha, was able to quickly address the matter - thank you!

By Aiswarya S

Apr 19, 2020

The course content was really good. Learnt a lot. Sincere thanks to all the instructors! But the final certificate is formatted the wrong way! The response from Coursera was extremely unhelpful. They say they don't even have an estimate as to when this will be fixed, despite being such a minor change. Times are tough, I agree, but it is a paid course, and a Professional Certificate!!!

By Warnakulasuriya S A F

Aug 12, 2020

The final assignment was a bit complicated, and that is what I expect as well, "to challenge ourselves". Overall this is a really good opportunity for anyone out there seeking for some knowledge in Automation. Great Course and I am really happy that I've chosen this course.

By Royce H

May 8, 2020

This is a great introductory course to python, bash, debugging,, etc. The programming examples at the end require a bit of self exploration. I had to take the final twice as I ran out of time the first go around.

By Justin M

Jun 21, 2020

This course is all text, which is a welcome difference for me. I found the projects to be challenging and rewarding. The certificate is broken and filled with errors. Oh well.. at least I learned something.

By mcvean s

Jul 5, 2020

The course capstone is a bit tough as it has only readings and we have to do most of the work on our own, but definitely worth it!

By Mallory S

Nov 14, 2020

This was long and hard and I need plenty of help along the way, but I will continue to python mastery.

By Hussein I

Apr 1, 2021

This is amazing. I really excited. this coure very useful howerer it so little bit difficult

By kuvam b

Jun 4, 2020

It was a good experience learning and the instructors are also friendly and excellent

By Abhinav J

Apr 30, 2020

great lab . real life base practical exercises like generating reports and mail

By Ignacio P F d R

Jul 14, 2021

I missed some video lectures, but the applications were good!

By yelamanchili v r

Jul 11, 2020

good to get started for your lovely admiring journey

By Ben C

Mar 22, 2021

Good course plenty of good examples and challenges.