Back to Better Business Writing in English

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Better Business Writing in English by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you need to write more easily and effectively in English? This course will provide the tools to help you do just that. You will develop your personal voice in your writing. You will develop strategies to plan and produce clear, understandable text. You will learn and practice specific writing skills to use in different types of business communications including cover letters, mission and vision statements, proposals , instructions and reports. You will organize, design and write clear text for Power Point Productions. Writing skills include how to choose correct noun and noun modifiers; how to choose correct verb forms and tenses; how to write a variety of clauses and sentences. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Many of the peer assignments will have 2 or more options so that you can choose the best path depending on your current situation. Through a combination of lectures, quizzes, supplementary resources, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to write well in English for your business and professional purposes....

IT
Feb 14, 2021

Very useful course, to learn about writing skills. The content was just right and the tutors were amazing. Thanks to Coursera and the Georgia Institute of Technology for offering this course.

AA
Jun 1, 2018

I came here from the course "Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone", and again, I'm really impressed. Really helpful courses, thank you so much!

126 - 148 of 148 Reviews for Better Business Writing in English

By Nagraj N

Apr 16, 2018

I have really brushed up my basic English grammar . It would surely refresh and regain my perfect effective English.

There are a lot of errors in the questionnaires concerned Proper instructions are not been provided. There is one question, in which two answers are the same, and not accepting the same. Then as for the article questionnaire, instructions are not proper. We are to submit article or no article. But Instructions have not mentioned that we need to type "No Article" when there is no article.

Rather it is always better we provide multiple choices. Choice can be more than 3. The I am sure there would not be any error in misunderstanding!!

By ze v

Mar 10, 2021

This is my first time attending an online course and I really enjoyed every content provided from this course and the lecturer of each content also explain the material very well. Despite only attending through online, this course has allowed me to learn new skills in writing for business purpose in English. I wish to continue talking more courses from Georgia University. All the best for the team preparing this course.

Regards

Zelia Vital

By Ada B C

Aug 26, 2019

You need to improve the technique of "peer review." Most of the students who take this class are because they want to improve their business writing. That a partner is reviewing a peer work based on their understanding of what is grammatically correct is not fair. Leaving the qualification of a paid study to a person who is not sure of these grammar skills, more than that does not include any correction comments is not appropriate.

By Jadeja S

Feb 22, 2021

This course was really well constructed and enjoyable. The lessons were very comprehensive and practical but also engaging and interactive. As a native English speaker, the course was packed with great reminders and things to pay attention to amplify everyday writing skills. Great course!

By Diana B

Jan 14, 2018

Very clear and comprehensive explanations, I enjoyed learning specially taking in consideration English is my second language. I would recommend this course to anyone involved in the business world to make their writing and presentations more effective!

By PALIKA L

Dec 19, 2020

I have newly learned about proposal writing & grammar using in sentences. Thank you very much, Ms. Amalia B. Stephans & other staff, of Georgia Tech

By Soolin K

Sep 9, 2017

It was good to recapture the basic English grammar. And also proper structure of different form of document were quite useful.

By Usha

Dec 3, 2020

Taking a course after a very long time so I was very apprehensive. It turned out to be a fun course and it kept me motivated!

By Kemba D

Oct 18, 2020

The course was easy to follow and the tutors were good and the quizzes were fun and challenging

By Sivaraman S

May 15, 2020

A very useful course for all members associated with the business writing field.

By Javed K

Apr 21, 2021

All content good and help towards the goal if you do it complet honestly ...

By Alex A

Dec 11, 2020

It was a very good experience for me, I have learned a lot, Thank you guys

By Arnoldo A H H

Oct 31, 2020

It was fairly good. Thanks for everything!

By Abdulla M

Jul 19, 2021

Great course for beginners !

By Aniket s b

Apr 7, 2020

Good course for everyone

By Elena Z

Jul 9, 2018

Great course!

By KIRSTIN A J

Jul 18, 2020

#coursesowhite. There were literally NO black people represented in any of the pictures or illustration in this whole course. I only saw four representations of anyone other than a white person in the whole course. If this course is marketed for non-native speakers, you'd think the creators would have thought of that and included a diverse cast of illustrations and photos. I will not recommend this course due to it being 98% white.

By Louis F

Oct 6, 2020

The course is nice even though it was never specified that it was the US English to be used. I am from Europe and we learn british English at school. The notation system could be nice if the one giving the note give some advices to be better and that was not always the case.

By Reshmi. L B

Oct 6, 2020

Better learning experience

By Chaitali S

Apr 16, 2018

Good forbeginners

By Lindsay V

Jul 29, 2020

I've been asking people to review my week 2 assignment for over a week now. People are saying they're doing it and it's still not letting me pass the course. I'm not sure what's going on. But I'm not a happy camper.

Dec 25, 2020