Back to High-Impact Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for High-Impact Business Writing by University of California, Irvine

Effective writing is a powerful tool in the business environment. Learn how to articulate your thoughts in a clear and concise manner that will allow your ideas to be better understood by your readers. Improve your business writing skill by learning to select and use appropriate formats for your audience, use the correct medium and adjust your writing style accordingly, as well as identify your objective and communicate it clearly. You'll also learn to spot, correct and avoid the most common writing pitfalls, and gain valuable experience analyzing, writing and revising a wide spectrum of business documents. From a simple interoffice memo to a twenty-page business proposal, learn how to put good business writing to work for you. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Write effective business communications, including bad news, good news, persuasive writing, presentations, emails, memos, business reports and press releases 2. Learn how to edit and proofread business documents 3. Learn how to write for a global market...

TR
Jul 7, 2016

A simplified course that targets areas of business writing which most of us tend to oversee. In this era of digitalisation and information overload, this back to basics method was really refreshing.

GK
Dec 7, 2018

This course was short, poignant and mindful of our busy lives, while teaching us all how to be more impactful in our writing. This is just what I was looking for to give me an extra edge at work!

376 - 400 of 557 Reviews for High-Impact Business Writing

By AISHWARYA B

Jul 14, 2020

I t was quite a wonderful course, compact and easy to comprehend. I would never forget the things that I learnt because of the usage of abundant examples.

By Bayu D W

May 5, 2020

At some situations, the theories were not accompanied with examples and best practices. The lecturer sometimes forgets what to say and less expressive.

By Lebogang M

Jul 22, 2020

Very simplistic course but good refresher for drafting correspondence. The quiz for Week 2 was very confusing though, had to re-attempt several times.

By Niedja d A e S F d S

Nov 27, 2015

I learned a lot with this course, but there are not so many exercises for students to train the content learned. The lectures are very good.

By MD M H

The course provides a good overview about all kinds of business writings. The course also touches upon the grammar, spelling etc also.

By Kathryn D

Aug 13, 2015

The information was very helpful. I would have benefited from quiz explanations I kept getting the same two questions wrong on quiz 2.

By tammy C

Nov 23, 2020

Professor spoke too slowly for me. I prefer a slightly faster pace and not as redundant but I understand this was a general course

By Saroj I

May 22, 2020

It was a great experience! In the starting it was pretty easy later on the difficulty level increased, All the above it was fun.

By El. D

May 15, 2018

Some takes inside the videos end abruptly (feels like the video is skipping). Otherwise, a very useful course, thank you!

By Rana M

Truly speaking the course help me to know what is unknown to me.It also provides us correct and perfect mail writting.

By Margaret G

Sep 12, 2015

The course was excellent! The only thing that I would change is to have more instruction in writing for social media.

By Bhavesh L

Jun 4, 2020

Decent understanding of Business Writing skills, however more examples would have made this course even better.Thanks

By Lara T

Apr 16, 2017

Well done. A couple minor issues with a video upload error, but overall a very well done and informative course.

By suvarna G

Aug 18, 2015

The course gave me few skills that I never used earlier and would start using now on.It was useful for me.

By Nicholas R

Jan 15, 2016

A good brush up and clear information. A bit basic for me personally. This should be stated more clearly.

By Jennifer G

May 21, 2018

I wish you could email questions to someone; the quiz for week 2 was so hard. But overall great course

By SHAILESH B

Oct 26, 2015

It was very useful course to revise and put together all the BASICS (Hygiene) of business comunication.

By Ambuj S

Apr 30, 2020

The reading material uses very outdated structure and format. The clip-arts used are especially gaudy.

By Roop S

Oct 15, 2015

Learning wise , a good course. Certificates for individual courses of the series would have been good.

By Hugo L M

Nov 10, 2020

Maybe too short but definitely useful and well made. I hope to use its contents as soon as I can!

By Cody C

Nov 29, 2020

Quick and easy with some good insights but wish it would have had more assignments to practice

By Bernard D V

Dec 30, 2016

Good course about business writing, there is always something where you can improve yourself.

By Mark R

Sep 10, 2015

I needed to work on my writing and this easy to follow on class was great to just do that.

By Adam M

May 12, 2020

Great course however the latter sections, especially regarding emails, is quite outdated.

By Saleh M A

Oct 20, 2020

Interactive lecture. However, the frequency of retaking QUIZZES should be increased.