Back to How Computers Work

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Computers Work by University of London

Computers are everywhere, they aren't just the desktops and laptops we use for work but the phones in our pockets and even the watches on our wrists are also computers. You probably use a computer every day and in fact you are reading this on a computer! Just because we use computers all the time, doesn't mean that we understand them, or find them easy to use. Computer Science is the science of computers, it is the field of knowledge that experts use to understand computer systems. Knowing a little computer science will help you understand the computers all around you. This isn't a how-to course for a particular piece of software, instead you will learn some fundamental concepts that you can apply to any software or computer system. You'll apply these concepts to the kind of computer systems we use every day, including word processing applications, e-commerce, the internet and web sites. You will learn how to apply computer science concepts to solve problems in daily computer use and generally be a better computer user. Taking this course could be the start of your career in computer science, and the course is an introduction to the Bachelors in Computer Science from University of London, but it is also for you if you just want to learn a little computer science to help you better understand the computers you use in your ordinary life....

JJ
Sep 24, 2020

Good Course for a person who is not in the field of computer science and who wants to get deep knowledge in computer science.Thank You the University of London for that wonderful course.

DM
Oct 11, 2019

A great course. Although I have come from a background in website development, I still picked up many useful tips and information about the fundamentals of computers and how they work.

76 - 91 of 91 Reviews for How Computers Work

By Ahmed H M B

Oct 2, 2020

It is a good course to understand the background of computer how it's work.

By LUANA B

Mar 26, 2019

More visual examples would have helped more (at least for me).

By Rikkula A R

Jun 25, 2020

Effortless understanding.Excellent teaching.

By colorpoppin s

Aug 5, 2019

It is informative and very well explained.

By Elsa P

Jul 26, 2020

Best Course

By aithagoni m

Jul 8, 2020

good

By Surajit B

Jan 26, 2020

good

By Stamatios G

May 6, 2020

There are multiple videos in the final week that are the same as the introductory video. This should be fixed because the final week covers the most advanced topic of the series and it is basically left out.

By Cathy W

May 6, 2020

I am trying to delete this course from my computer from my menu as the course is not what I expected of need. Thank you for your help.

Cathy

By Teena T

Jul 13, 2020

good experience

By Rudnitskaya T I

Apr 17, 2020

не понимаю за что платить и вводить карту. еще и идентифицировать себя по паспорту - полный бред.

By Shweta V

Oct 3, 2020

Too bad. I completed the course 3 days ago and till now i didnt get the certificate. I did id verification. But i cant get the certificate.