Back to Innovation Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Innovation Management by Erasmus University Rotterdam

What is innovation management? How do firms bring in new business models and get new products and services to the market? Go on a nine-week journey through innovation management concepts, theories of idea generation, selection, strategy formulation and implementation in this MOOC in Innovation Management. In it, you will also learn the tools for implementing innovation projects yourself. Guided by world-class academics, you will develop an innovative mindset and expertise in how firms successfully create new ideas for marketing new products. The syllabus also includes sessions about innovation strategy, idea management and social networks. During this course, you will learn how to: • use the main innovation management terminology and concepts • explain the adoption life cycle and innovation adoption at the individual level • define creativity and explain how creativity can be stimulated • recognise and describe three types of idea management systems • explain what an innovation strategy is and why it is important • describe what a product portfolio is • explain how innovation projects should be selected and managed • explain the importance of teams, team structures and networks for innovation. Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s leading business schools, and ranked among the top three for research. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who carry their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Go to www.rsm.nl for more information. This nine-week MOOC in Innovation Management is taught in English. There is no fee to participate in the programme....

AH

Jun 14, 2020

Um dos melhores cursos que já tive online. Boas explicações, bom exemplos, bons professores e bons temas. A sugerir e partilhar. Muito benéfico para quem quer entrar no mundo da inovação e da criação.

BP

May 14, 2020

Well organised and with a lot of commitment from the faculty. I would like to see deeper discussions on most of the topic. It felt like the faculty was trying to oversimplify ideas. Thank you

1 - 25 of 323 Reviews for Innovation Management

By Aya A S

Jan 26, 2019

I found this course very beneficial. It is taught in an easy and flexible way. It added a great value to my profile. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in Innovation! Thanks for the professional instructors who made it easier to succeed.

By Jorge A

Sep 06, 2018

This course covers a lot of ground and the time commitment is very well balanced. The diversity of topics revolves around the same focus, it feels very well structured.

By Samir S

May 26, 2018

A wonderfully put together course. Very practical insights and useful interviews included. The course material is also quite relevant to today's work place.

By Norma L

Apr 02, 2020

This is one of my most rewarding courses. I must add that it can not be anymore timely than now. Many people are becoming innovation think tanks in ways they could have never imagined. It was a tad bit challenging yet, the skills I have acquired are priceless.. I actually learned definitions for innovation, innovation management, strategies and disruptions. Great course!

By SARANYAN

Nov 20, 2019

New experience on e-learning. We need to just watch all the video modules and do the assignments to complete the courses. The teaching professionals are from top class universities made the courses simple to learn and easy to complete for the beginners. Flexible timings helps me to complete courses really. Being a design engineer, this course is improved my skills and helpful to do my job better. The contents on Innovation management like Creativity, Idea management, Innovation strategies, Portfolio management, Networks and detailed explanation on patents, copyrights and trademarks are valuable for my current job.

By Aruna H

Jun 14, 2020

By Christiana O

Sep 05, 2020

Course was novel and useful to me. I have started practicing most of the skills learned and sharing with colleagues and friends just like another friend and colleague shared with me. One person started same week with me and will complete the course. Many will join. Innovation Management is what organizations need to stay relevant and successful. I did enjoy every module because there was always something new and commercially useful.

The lecturers are subject matter experts (SMEs) and thought well. Videos made it very easy for me to learn, examples, case studies and additional videos where just cool. Bringing in CEO s of great and innovating Corporations was awesome. Pre-graded exercises kept me thinking and going back to review notes and thus met the purpose of the exercises. Reviewing classmates works was very interesting to me and helped me understand the modules better. I had fun with teams and social networks - the actors and getting to know what kind of actor I am and those I had worked with & still work with in teams & my social networks.

Put together this course is worth my time and I highly recommend it to Leaders at every level. Thank you Innovation Management team, thank you Erasmus University, thank you classmates. Stay creative and innovative.

By Braves A G

Sep 24, 2020

Innovation Management by Erasmus University Rotterdam taught me a new skill set of knowledge applicable to my overall career and self-development. The topics are all relevant and delivered professionally by the subject matter experts. The discussions and activities are well organized for learners to gain a better understanding of the course.

I really appreciate Erasmus University Rotterdam and Coursera for granting me financial aid in completing this course. This opportunity gave me a life-changing learning experience.

Completing the course is worth the time and effort. Highly recommended to all learners to take this course.

Thank you Innovation Management team! Thank you Erasmus University Rotterdam!

Thank you Coursera!

By Disha

Apr 12, 2020

I found this course to be really detailed and intensive, covering all the areas of innovation management, portfolio management and other related topics like creativity etc. There are multiple instructors with expertises which makes it diverse. I found it to be helpful also for my curriculum. However I am disappointed that I have to purchase the course for the certificate, being a student on a tight budget, I couldn't afford it. It would have been helpful if I did receive the certificate on completion!

By Dmitri P

Aug 18, 2018

The course is itself an innovative approach to outline the roadmap to carry out your innovation. To me it is invaluable since it matches perfectly with my objectives for disruptive innovation at the National Meteo Centre where I work and where I am acting, as I learned as a broker. It has englightened me and inspired even more. I will use the course as my handbook in present and future endeavours with most definite intention to recommend it. All lecturers did a great job, thank you!

By Payal B

Jun 13, 2020

Very knowledgable and great course. The resource persons have beautifully explained the content and each Module is supported by Q & A round and Quiz so that the learner can rate his understanding and if needed the same Module could be revised again to have a better understanding of the concept. The final Module comprises of Final Quiz comprehensively designed to understand and rate the knowledge of the learner. I strongly recommend this Course.

By Anh L N

Jun 30, 2019

This short course is very good to have a basic understanding about innovation management. Some popular concepts in creativity, innovation life cycle, innovation strategy and portfolio management are briefly described and discussed, so are well-known tools to facilitate effective brain-storming or evaluating values of an innovation. I have learned lots from this course and been able to relate many concepts to my current work.

By matteo b

Sep 20, 2020

I am a Management student at an undergraduate level in Italy and I found this course amazingly interesting! It includes some concepts and practical business tools and practices that are rarely taught in class.

Some examples of these cool concepts and tools are Sociograms, Stage-gate models, Buckets definition in the context of Project selection and many more.

Very much recommended!

By Samuel H

Aug 22, 2020

Great stuff here! Really enjoyed this course. So much information, but it was broken up into small enough pieces where I could absorb the information at a good rate. I had to turn on closed captions a few times because of the heavy accents, but other than that I got a lot out of this class that will definitely help me in my job.

By Jignesh P S

May 24, 2018

This is really a great course for Innovation Management, Tools is going to help me into innovation management. I would like to thank you all the faculty who has given us the good knowledge on innovation management. I would also like to thank you coursera for providing us good learning platform.

Quote : All World is one family

By Luis C

Oct 06, 2020

Great online course, complete and cristal clear, the excercises and quizzes help ypu with adquiring the knwoledge. Also liked the interviews with c suite level from big companies talking about real life experiences with innovation, and how they have been able to succeed with this processes, just amazing course, thaks!!!!

By Павел М

Sep 12, 2018

I really liked the course !!!! He is saturated with interesting, important knowledge about managing innovations. Lections are easy to learn, excellent speakers. Thanks to everyone who has prepared this course. !!!! The desire to create a specialization innovation management will be very good. Succeed in your work.

By Andri A

Sep 06, 2017

Wonderful course. Introduces major important areas and principles. Valuable interviewes with lead industry experts. Some lectures are hard to follow (week 5 and 7) dues to speaker's pronounciation and language speed - for that I wish Coursera did a better auditing. And concerning content, I hoped for more detail

By Hani I A

Aug 09, 2020

The course enriched my knowledge and made me more interested in pursuing my PhD in this field along with the technical innovations, as a sub-field. I would like to thank each instructor team member for their effort in preparing, directing and presenting the course in its final shape as we see it now.

By Migle A

I really enjoyed this course. It was informative, easy to follow and it gave me new practical knowledge. I also enjoyed the tasks in each week of the course. Highly recommend to everyone who wants to broaden their perspective on how to manage innovation and creative ideas in a team/organisation.

By Greta K

Jan 21, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. The content was presented very well, the quiz's are challenging, but doable and I will be able to implement a lot of the content into my work. I highly recommend this course to anyone working in an area where 'future thinking' and change management are needed.

By Saheed A

Oct 10, 2016

Great course on how to manage Innovation programs and management expectations. You also learn the different stages of managing an Innovation program in any organization.It has really benefited me to learn about Innovation Management. Thank you Coursera & Erasmus University, Rotterdam.

By Gökay K

Sep 28, 2020

I took 3 courses on innovation from 3 different regions AB-USA-AU. All of them were very fun and instructive. It brought more experience than the books I have read. Thank you to all the teachers who prepared it. I hope more advanced courses are prepared and we can be students again.

By Horst H

Nov 06, 2016

A very professional, content-rich, well-structured, all in all simply excellent course. Good speakers who absolutely know what they are talking about. All material provided as downloadable files - this is best practice. I profited very much from this course. Highly recommended.

By Jack H

Jul 22, 2020

Great overview of the innovation management process within companies. I found the interviews with representatives from firms such as Phillips quite valuable. This course content should be standard knowledge for leaders and managers at all levels of an organisation.