Back to International Business I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Business I by University of New Mexico

We live in a world of intensifying global relationships, one in which international business has become the key determinant of economic development and prosperity. This course, Global Business Environment, Part I, introduces students to a fundamental understanding of the socioeconomic political, cultural, and linguistic environment in which international businesses operate. This course utilizes an inquiry-based approach to understanding country level relationships in the Global Business Environment. It surveys the global business environment by asking and answering key questions about society, the global economy, cultures, institutions and languages. The questions we will ask are: 1. What is Globalization?, 2. Is Globalization New?, 3. How do Political and Social Institutions impact National Economic Development?, 4. What is the role of Culture?, 5. What are the Gains from Trade?6. Free Trade, Free-r Trade or Managed Trade?, 7. What are Foreign Currencies and how are Exchange Rates Determined?, 8. What does the Current Global Business Environment look like? This inquiry-based approach creates reflective opportunities for students to better understand the environment in which businesses operate. Lectures are delivered in an engaging manner, which encourages reflection and inquiry....

AG
Jul 6, 2021

This course is very much needed to people who are interested in International Business. The instructor clearly explains about the world economy and the trading activities with clear cut examples.

M
May 30, 2018

I love everything about this course, from the length of the lesson to the way the instructor teaches and all the knowledge I've got. Can't be any happier with it. Thanks for the opportunity!

351 - 375 of 395 Reviews for International Business I

May 19, 2017

great

By Bashair a

Dec 14, 2020

Good

By PREM K N

Nov 20, 2020

good

By Akinwande Q o

Sep 22, 2020

Good

By Yudhi p m

Aug 13, 2020

best

By Surya M

Jun 27, 2020

Good

By Kritin J

Good

By Sreeelakshmi. K

Good

By Eassa S

Jan 31, 2019

fun.

By Gregory H

Feb 6, 2017

By Tomás A

May 8, 2017

Very basic. Could easily be understood by a 14 year old, at least in my country. This is high school level, and I was searching for University level. Good explanation and coverage of International Business Environment though, but not exactly on International Business for business management and micro-economy application.

By Maryna R

May 6, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course, although most of it I already knew and assumed it to be well-known facts. In the end, it was nice to recall some knowledge and systematize it in my mind. All the quizzes were too easy though, it felt like it is impossible to fail even if you did not watch any videos at all.

By Asya B

Mar 18, 2021

The instructor has insights and deep knowledge on the topic but his presentation skills should be improved. The same background, the same seating position and always the same mood sometimes make the lectures kinda boring. But thanks a lot for the efforts. It was fruitful for me.

By Daphne J

Aug 18, 2021

I​nteresting introduction to global business. Various aspects covered.

The Title, legend, source and date should systematically be mentioned on the shown graphics.

I​ regret all data were dated before 2013, and should definitely be updated

By André T B

Overall interesting. For me personally this course needs to be updated with newer data. I checked actual available data and some statements are not correct anymore. Still enjoyed most of it.