Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ?

851 - 859 of 859 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Austin R

Feb 06, 2016

It needs project based exams, not quizzes. These project exams should be a combination of automated programming tasks, like the kind you find on HackerRank or Codeforces and peer assessment based projects that asks students to evaluate the readability of each others code. As it currently stands, this course is a joke.

By Mohamed E A

Mar 19, 2016

in the beginning of the course i thought i'll get a good experience as usual on coursera, but i was wrong ...

a lot of things >> to be introduced in next course

confusing data types & working with things i don't know about it.

you've said that, anyone with basics of programming could pass this course and after 6 months i couldn't.

please be sure about the prerequisites next time.

By Paulo S S Q

Sep 25, 2015

just an google maps applet, do not explain java itself.

By Morris N

Oct 23, 2016

Instructors are not to be found.

By mohamed a

Oct 18, 2015

starting from week2 the way of explaining the materials isnt good

By Lee M

Oct 25, 2015

Cannot follow a single thing that they are talking about. I have prior coding experience in other languages and I still have no idea what the instructors are getting at. They all explain everything horribly and jump into huge complex things with no explanation. Worst course I have ever taken in my life.

By Đoàn N T H

Jul 28, 2017

I think this site is one of sharing site, but it's not.

By Martin K

Feb 13, 2017

I signed up for this course hoping for a good introduction to OO programming and Java only to not be able to verify if I have even learned anything. Of course I can access the course material, but the fact that cannot even manually check if my answers are correct with certainty makes all of this less efficient than simply learning it by myself.

By 김요엘

Jul 03, 2019

절대 듣지마라. 동료평가 때문에 짜증난다. 일주일 무료라고 해놓고 3일전에 다 끝내고 동료평가 기다리는데 최소 4일은 걸린다. 공짜로 듣는 사람은 일부러 매치를 못하게 하거나 하는 알고리즘이 있는듯 하다. 아니면 듣는 사람이 별로 없는 인기 없는 강의거나. 둘 중 하나겠지 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ