Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

851 - 875 of 1,019 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By David H

Dec 28, 2018

A really great and well-presented course. The assignment times are realistic and the different kinds of videos are interesting to watch and informative.

By Emilson A V

Sep 21, 2016

Very interesting. The lessons are clear, engaging and concise . I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to improve their programming skills.

By Thumuluri A K

Dec 26, 2016

Very good Course. Best explanations through good examples. If assignments were programming rather than objective it would have been much better.

By Fernando C

Feb 27, 2016

Es un curso básico de programación en Java, un poco lento si ya tienes experiencia pero comunica muy bien los conceptos con explicaciones claras.

By Vitalii

Aug 17, 2017

Had a fun and productive time studying the course. Excellent job! My suggestion is to add more lessons to inheritance and polymorphism itself.

By Akshit j

Jan 01, 2016

Its been a productive journey since my concepts about OOPS are crystal clear. I would surely enroll in more courses provided by UC,San Diego.

By Pragati s

Jan 14, 2019

It was really good journey of learning ,the three mentors are awesome .The best thing I felt ,they focus on quality instead of quantity .

By Difan G

Jan 10, 2020

Ok course, but i don't like how they create a large project based on something that might not be intuitive and fundamental for everyone.

By Lynn K

Feb 02, 2016

I learned quite a lot and the course work was easy to follow and build knowledge from lesson to lesson. I enjoyed the projects as well.

By Erwin v H

Oct 19, 2015

Good, well paced course. Big advantage is the short duration of the video-lectures. I prefer a few short ones over one long lecture.

By Stanislav L

May 24, 2017

This course is great to dive into "real development". However, GUI Development in Java is not the most popular directions nowadays.

By mohamed s

Sep 14, 2016

It's very useful course

but if it was dealing with java built in classes it would be better to be a start course in specialization

By Lee H

Aug 02, 2017

Great for absolute beginners I guess, but tedious if you have programming experience in other languages (such as C++ or C#).

By jiangyuru

Oct 08, 2018

peer-view maybe cause the lateness of my certificate and maybe i should pay more money even if i have finished the course.

By Derek S

Jul 30, 2018

some of the concepts can get lost in the complexity of implementing the rewritten code. But otherwise a very good course.

By Marcus S

May 19, 2016

This is a solid course. The videos are a bit low quality, and the API's used are sorta derpy, but the content is good.

By Rohit P

Dec 21, 2015

Well taken by the teachers. The bugs in the review system are the only problems I faced.Hope they get rectified soon.

By Jiayi S

Jan 25, 2019

Overall it's a good course. However I do wish that the end of module assignment is more relative to the lectures...

By Felix V B

Feb 29, 2016

Quite basic and sometimes a little slow for coders with some experience, but well-structured and very interesting.

By Alaa k

Feb 03, 2016

A very well constructed materials provide deep understanding of the OOP core concepts.

Do not hesitate enrolling.

By Kartheek C

Jan 14, 2020

Great experience and a lot of motivation to carry forward with the rest of the courses in the specialization.

By Patrick M

Feb 22, 2016

Good course, but a few loose ends that could be tightened up. Definitely helped with my rusty java skills.

By Arun K S

Jun 22, 2016

Good.

Project need to be has less dependency considering the offline users and limited machine capability.

By Ryan C

Apr 13, 2016

Very good course. Much more challenging than I expected. Definitely helped me become a better programmer.

By Pavel Z

Jan 25, 2019

Really good, but just not perfect. Dry theory, interesting assignments and solid knowledge at the end.