Back to Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python by University of Michigan

In the capstone, students will build a series of applications to retrieve, process and visualize data using Python. The projects will involve all the elements of the specialization. In the first part of the capstone, students will do some visualizations to become familiar with the technologies in use and then will pursue their own project to visualize some other data that they have or can find. Chapters 15 and 16 from the book “Python for Everybody” will serve as the backbone for the capstone. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Informative course
(132 Reviews)
Relevant project
(132 Reviews)

BC
Apr 28, 2020

Now I understand how data mining, API's and dumping and retrieving data from a database works. Excellent course to start understanding how python can be used to work with data sources on the internet.

NS
Apr 9, 2016

Python for everyone is One of the Best Course on MOOC platform .\n\nDr. Chuck made it interesting and Knowledgeable. Way back 3 Months ,I can't even thing of the stuff that I leaned and implemented .

176 - 200 of 1,449 Reviews for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

By vignaux

Dec 20, 2016

Dr Chuck's final lecture with Python. A very large course to discover and use this precise and intelligent language. Congratulations to dr.Chuck for his educational qualities, what a talent!

By Joanthan S

May 9, 2019

Wow, It's been great learning the course material. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to learn this all from Dr. Chuck. I have a new skill set and a new appreciation for programming.

By Агеев С В

Mar 9, 2019

Nice course, but easier than previous 4 in this curriculum.

In general very interesting cases. For me it was very useful to understand basic principles how it works. Thank you, Dr. Chuck!

By Кирилл С

If you want to have a satisfying ending to the previous coursed, do enroll here and finish the course. There is a lot to practice and the results are more interesting than an average one.

By Julieta F

Mar 21, 2021

This is a great course. Dr. Chuck is a great instructor. He gives clear and engaging explanations. His classes are fun and easy to understand. Many examples and exercises are provided.

By Cheng-Ying W

Aug 1, 2020

Really thanks for Dr.Chuck's teaching and hard work! When finishing this "python for everybody" specialization will definitely have more realization about Python and enjoy programming!

By Luis T

Jan 25, 2020

Well organised and comprehensive coverage. The slides and explications are kept as simple as possible, but yet do not spare out important details - a balance that is hard to achieve.

By Yogesh B

Oct 5, 2020

Good approach, If you are hurry to complete the certificate then it this course is for you. And even if you want to spend alot time to explore python then also this course is for you.

By SEETA164 D K

Apr 26, 2020

This is best Platform for learning Python !! Thank You Coursera for giving me such a Confidence of learning !! and especially thak yo Dr.Chuck for giving such a precious knowledge !!

By ARVIND K S

May 7, 2020

One of the finest specializations it has been my privilege to take up. Hope to complete the Honors portion soon.

Thanks and regards to the teaching team and, of course, to Coursera.

By Krishna K

Nov 20, 2016

This is really really good course to learn data retrieving, visualization and processing, professor is awesome and the way he explain about such knowledge is really really awesome.

By Gaurav D

Aug 6, 2020

It was a great course. All 5 courses in Programming for everybody were much much better than my expectations. It helped me dive deep in python programming. THANKS A LOT DR. CHUCK.

By Prosenjit M J

Jul 3, 2020

I've learned so much from this course. Now I feel comfortable writing codes in python. I know it's a start but I'm grateful to Dr. Chuck and UMICH for this awesome specialization.

By 王颖亮

Jul 13, 2018

I think this course's aim is promoting one's interest and initiative in using python. And I think Dr Chuck has done great job acheiving that. He is quite devoted and enthusiastic.

By pol i s

Nov 9, 2020

Good course although the last weeks are great example codes but a bit tricky to understand.

Less extense databases should be provided to start testing the recently accired skills

By Adith R K

Jun 4, 2020

I really loved the course. A big thanks to Dr.Chuck for these wonderful 5 courses. I would love to learn more from you. These courses have honed my skills in python programming.

By Fatin S b S

The contents included are interesting and easily understood, with Dr Chuck as instructor. Fun interactive lecture, suitable for everyone, regardless of their background studies.

By Ryan M

Jun 4, 2020

This was an excellent end to the course. I highly recommend working through the capstone. You are only going to get to that next level of learning by experimenting by yourself!

By Vedant P

May 5, 2020

The Complete series very well compiled and was very properly curated for the learners. Thanks to Charles Severence and his team from Michigan for their Support and cooperation.

By Eduards K

Jun 20, 2017

I think Capstone was actually easier than previous courses, as much of the theory was previously described. Nevertheless it also mean t scaling it up to a completely new level.

By Pushkar S

Apr 8, 2016

Not much coding to do here - but a lot to understand in terms of getting data - treating it and then using it.

Thanks You Dr. Chuck!

Will be waiting for further courses from you!

By Kirankumar S

Aug 1, 2019

It was the great course. After trying same demo programs, we must also write python program to visualize data. It was awesome experience. Thanks Dr Chuck and Teaching staff.

By Daniel

May 14, 2017

Great course! Learned a lot! I thought the capstone would be more challenging versus thought provoking, but I still enjoyed the course and learned a great deal about python!

By Ed H N C

Dec 22, 2020

I love the courses. I will do it again if it means relearning everything.

Edit: 12/23, I finished all the honors quizzes but the certification is not showing "Honors" on it.

By Kazi A H

Aug 13, 2020

This is absolutely an amazing specialization. 20 days ago, I didn't have any knowledge about python. But now I can say that I know some python. Thanks to Professor Charles.