Back to Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python by University of Michigan

In the capstone, students will build a series of applications to retrieve, process and visualize data using Python. The projects will involve all the elements of the specialization. In the first part of the capstone, students will do some visualizations to become familiar with the technologies in use and then will pursue their own project to visualize some other data that they have or can find. Chapters 15 and 16 from the book “Python for Everybody” will serve as the backbone for the capstone. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Informative course
(132 Reviews)
Relevant project
(132 Reviews)

BC
Apr 28, 2020

Now I understand how data mining, API's and dumping and retrieving data from a database works. Excellent course to start understanding how python can be used to work with data sources on the internet.

NS
Apr 9, 2016

Python for everyone is One of the Best Course on MOOC platform .\n\nDr. Chuck made it interesting and Knowledgeable. Way back 3 Months ,I can't even thing of the stuff that I leaned and implemented .

151 - 175 of 1,455 Reviews for Capstone: Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python

By Xilin W

Aug 4, 2017

in this course, Dr.Chuck teaches how to retrieve process and visualize data using python javascript and sqlite3. It is so interesting and exciting that after all the four courses, I finally produced something awesome!

By Edgard E C

May 5, 2020

By far the best specialization track to get started with Python. Professor Charles Severance knows exactly how to guide you to well understand what he is trying to explain. Definitely deserves being a top instructor.

By Nattawat B

Jan 24, 2019

This course give you a full rich code of python that link to other program. It give you a rough concept of hoe python in used and visualized using other program such as java.

I will miss Chuck after this course ended.

By PRASHANT K R

Jun 9, 2018

This is really an amazing course, I learned a lot from this. Prof. Chuck is best instructor ever i seen, he explains things in a understandable way so thank you very much to instructor, staff, mentors and Coursera.

By PRANSHU P

Mar 19, 2019

I have completed the whole specialization successfully and Coursera and FFE and ofcourse, my guide, Dr. Chuck have been a constant source of motivation. I am really really thankful for this whole support of yours.

By Devarsh A K

Jun 11, 2016

The final course in the specialization, we have to learn to use our skills to do projects. Less of coding and more application of knowledge. We can choose to quickly get a certificate or immerse in the experience.

By Selim G

Sep 5, 2020

Dr Chuck, thank you for all the effort: the book, slides, perfect lecturing, great examples and introduction of tools, atom, db browser... This was a perfect course from start to finish (the specialization path)

By Sumit A

Jul 31, 2020

Teaching very very deep concept if you have to learn Retrieving, Processing, and Visualizing Data with Python I said this course is best for learn I am very happy for collect knowledge thankyou sir and coursera

By Heath M

May 4, 2020

Dr. Severence teaches Python in a useful, easy to follow, and fun style that makes it a great launching point for those looking to enter the world of Python, and those looking to enter the world of programming.

By Lei S

Apr 11, 2017

The capstone is great. But I'm not sure it's too easy or not. Maybe for a beginner, the project cannot be too hard. Anyway, I still learned so many from this capstone. I will finish the optional taskes further.

By Alice L

May 17, 2017

I really recommend participating in the optional project! Working on your own data analysis really helps cement the lessons learned in this specialization into your mind. This was an awesome course. Thank you!

By NoneLand

Nov 13, 2017

A good course. There are two large and complete data retrieval projects, which is a great template for other projects. The required assignments is very simple, just running given code and taking screenshots!

By Farooq K

Mar 25, 2018

It was a breeze to learn, love that I can do it at my own pace! I can take a vacation from it if I need to, and speed up the process at other times. Enjoyed it and look forward to enrolling in more courses.

By Guillermo H K

Oct 17, 2019

Although too easy compared to the other 4 courses, I enjoyed the worked examples and the use of the programs to manipulate and visualize a large amount of data. The codes provided are very good examples.

By Juan A

Aug 12, 2017

Dr. Chuck is one of the greatest teachers. I love the way how he teaches.

All the courses are excellent, except the capstone, it was short and less challenging. I hope this can be improved in the future.

By ANAND K

Jan 14, 2020

Thank you, Charles sir.you are the memorable person and best instructor in my love. I have learned python through your class and I am learning more.

Thank you Coursera for providing the best instructor.

By Mohamed H

Apr 3, 2021

Very great specialization, I didn't know anything about python at first and this course taught me about mastering many skills in python, looking forward to continuing through the Honors Track.

Thanks.

By Carlos E

Apr 19, 2017

Excellent, simply the best experience of on line education I have had, the course is extremely complete and useful, the support of the staff of mentors is remarkable also, I am extremely grateful.

By Rolando G

Oct 31, 2017

Excellent certificate; the project was a bit too easy, but I guess its purpose was to show that something seemingly complex was the result of breaking things into simpler and more manageable pieces.

By Yunhong H

Mar 23, 2019

This is a great course. I like this course very much because I can retrieve, process and visualize data in Python in a very good way I never used before. This course is very useful in real world.

By Tim G

Apr 13, 2020

I am impressed at how much information we can search and analyze on the web. This specialization has really opened my eyes to how easy it is to gather information from the web. Thanks Dr. Chuck!

By Tiejun-Dong

Oct 12, 2016

第一次在couresra上课,感觉还好,在大学里大家都学过#c,所以前半段python上手很快,很可惜,选择题和编程题目太过于简单,对比与我学校自己的编程课程并没有深入。第一次听英语课是新奇的体验,就结而论只能说是大概的对python这一块有一个简单的认识。

整个课程给人一种通识或是公选课的感觉,并不像专业课那样,对于像我这样的非计算机系的学生是足够了,若想较深入的学习还是要找相关书籍来看。

By Sebastian J

Just had to take 1 quiz which were quite direct and the same questions as those from previous 4 courses, in order to get this certificate. I'm gonna try to get honors mention on my certificate.

By Sayak C

Aug 30, 2020

Pretty good conclusion to the entire specialization, there is also Honors program that helps in building a collaborative spirit and generally helping students with their project-making skills.

By CHOO H C D

Oct 16, 2020

This whole specialisation is really well planned and simple enough to follow through. Kudos to the instructor who is engaging and able to distil difficult concepts down to something simpler.