Back to Python Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Data Structures by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the core data structures of the Python programming language. We will move past the basics of procedural programming and explore how we can use the Python built-in data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples to perform increasingly complex data analysis. This course will cover Chapters 6-10 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
Excellent instructor
(503 Reviews)
Helpful assignments
(254 Reviews)

AC
Jun 18, 2020

Great course for pyhton. Loved this course and enjoyed it. Thanks to Dr.Chuck. If anyone who want to take a course which is well explained and fun for python learning, then Hey!!! this is your course.

SV
Dec 7, 2020

Excellent explanation. Professor Charles kept the course from being monotonous. Learnt in depth about reading from file, sorting dictionaries and appending lists. Looking forward to learn more courses

351 - 375 of 10,000 Reviews for Python Data Structures

By Tara S

Jan 3, 2017

I love this course! Prof Chuck does a wonderful job of laying things out one at a time, and anticipating questions or issues that beginning programmers might have. The exercises incorporate each previous concept learned and are challenging yet doable. I'd absolutely recommend this to anyone wanting to learn how to program with Python.

By Benjamin W

Nov 26, 2020

Awesome Course! (I spent 4 Days with 2 hours each on first part, and 2 Days with 3 hours each on the second part)

The instructor is awesome, the course is engaging, the tasks are systematically and gradually increasing in complexity. The videos and explanation are very helpful, the material provided makes sense.

Can't recommend it enough.

By Nithila P

Jul 20, 2020

It was an amazing course after completing the first one: Python for everybody.

the instructor is great! After pondering over the assignments trying to figure them out, and when i finally get the desired output i feel sooo good! it gives a great deal of satisfaction and happiness.

i feel confident about python till this point. thank you

By Jerin P J

Apr 29, 2020

This is my second course from coursera and Dr.chuck and i should say that the instructor Dr.Chuck is an amazing person.He knows a great deal about programming and he knows how to keep the student interested in the class.I would sure;y recommend this course to anyone who wants to pursue this course further.Thanks coursera thanks Dr.chuck

By janet w

Dec 31, 2015

2nd course with Dr Charles. I find his courses to be very informative and his teaching method is very helpful in understanding the topics fast.

excited to complete the remaining items in the specialization and if Dr Charles has any other courses, i will for sure take it....

would love to have an advanced python programming class with Dr C

By Amrit K

Jun 30, 2020

I had already taken 'Python for Everbody' by the same instructor. I had high hopes from this course and it just delivered that. I am very happy that I took this class. This course introduce you the python data structures in a simple way. It is very effective for beginners. Dr. Chuck is one of the most effective teacher I've ever known.

By Michael P

Oct 30, 2018

Charles Severance takes something so seemingly technical and presents it in such an easily digestible manner with a great deal of enthusiasm. He also provides anecdotes that make the material much easier to grasp and retain. His approach to teaching gives me huge amounts of confidence as I train for a new career in the 'tech' industry.

By Kiran M

Jan 16, 2017

This course is designed very nicely. It is very compatible to all kind of learners. Dr. Chuck has done a wonderful job on explaining concepts. The provided book is very useful to understand those concepts and it also helps to make them strong by solving problems from book along with Coursera assignments. I highly recommend this course.

By JITHIN B

Dec 5, 2020

Go for this course without thinking twice. Dr. Chuck will ease you into the world of programming with Python and you will feel at ease even if learning this for the first time. The structuring of this course makes one feel really confident in tackling all the assignments and it doesn't feel like a lot of work. All thanks to Dr. Chuck.

By Karan B

Apr 24, 2016

The pace of this course & the course content, along with the Creative Commons material is fabulous for anyone who has no prior experience in programming. Prof. Severance is great at what he does, and the assignments are also brilliant. I wished there were more peer review assignments or more assignments so that we could practice more.

By Radha M

Jun 1, 2020

I liked this course on Data Structures. It was interesting, challenging and a little confusing for me. However I think after using it in the real world, with more examples, one can get to understand this better. Module 1 and 2 are key to understanding the rest of the modules, as they are the very foundation to be able to under better

By Mehta S

Nov 15, 2020

Really loved this second course in the 5-course specialization in Python as this was the time when I was able to apply all that acquired knowledge to solving simple yet interesting problems. Again, I am thankful from the bottom of my heart to Professor Charles Russell Severance for such an easy-to-follow course content and delivery.

By Brenda G

Sep 20, 2020

I have struggled with programming in the past and figured I'd never be able to grasp the concepts. Dr. Chuck is an excellent instructor, making programming understandable to those of us who need to start from ground zero. It is rare to find a professor that makes these concepts clear without going over a beginner's head. Thanks!

By Kedar N

Aug 11, 2020

A very good course to build your CV and to improve the chances of success in job placement in the future.

Really helpful for aspiring data scientists and university freshers who want an introduction to the python programming language and for people who already have jobs and want to excel forward in their career by adding a new skill

By Alexander S

Aug 8, 2020

Awesome course for everyone. This course teaches the basic of Python Data Structures in a very friendly pace, as well as easy to understand language. Prof. Charles is a gifted teacher who has vast knowledge about Python. Thanks to Coursera, Prof. Charles and his staff, as well as the University of Michigan for offering this course.

By Simon M

Apr 15, 2017

lectures were very good, however there were some issues with the text file for the compiler during the assignment,. The compiler did not let me call certain components of the list band kept giving me an error that it was out of range. Also it gave me errors with spacing that I could only fix by hiding compiler and bringing it back.

By Kamila A

Jul 26, 2020

Great instructor! a very structured course which makes it easy to follow and learn new things without getting confused!

However, would also recommend working on your own and solving more problems besides the ones in the course because 1 graded assignment per week doesn't seem like enough to fully understand and remember the topic.

By Alec K

Nov 10, 2015

I think the lectures were excellent, containing plenty of content and a periodic sprinkling of humour. I have programmed in Python for a couple of years but this course taught me some neat techniques I hadn't previously encountered. I hope I can cope with the next part and am looking forward to the chapter on regular expressions.

By ANA L C G

Aug 12, 2020

It is an amazing course where you can learn how to programm in Python since scratch. I love the way Dr. Chuck gives the class because he is so funny and a great teacher from whom you can learn a lot of things. Thank you for all the people who got involve to make this course possible. You make us improve in our educational skills.

By Rajeev N A

Really It's a superb course with the best assignments for practice. All the assignment questions are formed in such a manner that they clear all the concepts taught in this course and also superb explanation by Dr.Chuck is given. I would like to say that it's the best course in python.

Thank you very much for such a superb course.

By Manish M

Mar 30, 2019

I am honored that i got opportunity to listen professor Charles severance from university of Washington, for people like me dreaming about meeting a professor form top university is next to impossible but through coursera i can listen to them, learn from them. define my feeling right now as if my dream comes true.

Thanks coursera

By Mathews J

Apr 11, 2018

This course is packed up with a lot of information to use during the academic carrier of an individual. I took this course as part of my College's MOOC requirement and I'm glad that I did. This was indeed a memorable experience for us. A big THANK YOU to the creator of this course for creating such a wonderful course for us all.

By Jennifer C

Jan 8, 2018

The only thing I would like to see in this course is more exercises! Practicing coding is the best way to reinforce what you see in the lectures. It's one thing to watch someone do it and understand and another to do it yourself.

Five star rating as the teaching is excellent and I'm looking forward to my next course with Dr Chuck

By Kshitiz T

Aug 29, 2017

The only thing I want to say about this course is that the teacher or presenter or professor , in whatever words you want to call Charles with, He is a gem. I have no background of programming yet I have completed 2 parts of this specialization and credit all goes to him. His passion and zeal to teach students is just wonderful.

By Mahmudul H

Aug 10, 2020

Oh the professor Dr. Charles Russell Severance is really an amazing man. I loved his course here. He made my conceptions clear. I am really grateful to him. The course is full of fun. Just follow his lectures and his free book will be sufficient. Those who want to learn the basic, i think this course will be helpful for them.