Back to New Models of Business in Society

Learner Reviews & Feedback for New Models of Business in Society by University of Virginia

In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we will be discussing the emergence of a new story about business. This new story locates business within a societal framework. Almost every business creates or destroys value for customers, suppliers, employees, communities and society, in addition to shareholders and other financiers. A number of new models of business can be built on this idea such as corporate responsibility, philanthropy, shared value and sustainability. Profits and stakeholder value go together, and this course explains how. The final session explores the idea of how to become a stakeholder entrepreneur and create a business that makes money and makes the world a better place....

YL

May 05, 2020

Nice Course..The way of delivering and passion of the professor for inspiring students is excellence..\n\nit helps me to think in a better way about business & Got lot of Insights ...Thank u Professor

PS

May 08, 2020

It was nice to know different ways through which a potential entrepreneur can contribute to the society. I really liked the way Prof. Edward Freeman explained by giving numerous examples. Thank you!

176 - 200 of 844 Reviews for New Models of Business in Society

By Adeyeye O O

Apr 13, 2020

I have always had an intuitive aversion for the standard story of business. Taking this course has helped me articulate my vision for my enterprise and define our purpose more.

By Nikhil J

May 29, 2016

Great course and would recommend it to each and every one of you who wants to make a difference in this world! Thank you Darden Business School, Professor Freeman and Coursera!

By Srinivasarao K

May 05, 2020

Professor gave a good idea about industry-changing and why capitalism is an old method of business model. When I went through the course, I got one thing in my mind is Superb!

By Ashwini y

Apr 25, 2020

Thank you so much coursera and University of Virginia for this course. It has been great learning and change the course of my thinking towards businesses and entrepreneurship.

By Alp E

Apr 15, 2020

It is a unique experience to listen and study to Professor R. Edward Freeman and his awesome ideas. Thank you very much for this amazing course which affected my life vision!

By Chethan L H

Jun 05, 2020

Really helpful for the new entrepreneurs in building up a new business model that gives idea such as corporate responsibility, philanthropy, shared value and sustainability.

By Kelly L Y C

Jun 01, 2020

It great for those who aren't clear about how future business model or some new business way to help society and the world. Help to open up mind towards new way of business.

By Khant S Y W

Apr 25, 2020

I got a lot of knowledge and techniques about the business. The instructor taught with real life examples and it helps me to get the ideas of starting a business of my own.

By Alberto M R d S

Apr 15, 2020

It's a very good course that allows us to think about capitalism in a different way. I recommend this course to every single person even if you're not in the business world.

By Jasrel B I M

The discussions are simple and straight to the point. Love how different aspects in life were used as examples to further explain the topics. Kudos to Professor Freeman! :)

By Kaong H L

Apr 18, 2020

Its my pleasure to meet the Honourable Professor that Teach with his passion to encourage the students to gain full knowledge in Theoretical and Industry CEO's Experiences.

By Parth D C

I really appreciate of professor very good job counting to provide this kindness of all people thank you very much to be a part of the course... Thanks coursera platform..

By Rushath R

May 03, 2020

So good in presentation. Makes us think and reflect on the current world business and build new ideas for the future. Truly a business model for the future is taught here.

By Therock

Jun 10, 2020

Very good course nice to be part of this course this is helpful in all the aspects so that it is useful and make a cool differences that is been great towards our economy

By Antonio M Y Y

Jun 30, 2020

This course will CHANGE your mind, and if you change your mind you can change the world! Outstanding explanations and content, encouraging, inspiring, and life-changing.

By Filippo M

Jan 07, 2018

Interesting Class, well taught with lot of examples in real life and useful discussions in the forum. Builds the idea of a change in business and gives new perspectives.

By Santiago O O

QUE MAESTRO TAN GENIAL, excelnte,muy notoria su experiencia con los negocios, esta globalizado con todo lo mas real a las caracteristicas de los negocios de hoy en dia

By yash c

Apr 06, 2020

This is very good course which explain the duties of responsible citizen of the earth that what should he should do with respect to the new business models in society.

By HELI S

Apr 29, 2020

Its a very acknowledging and empowering course I love it!!! Thank a lot for adding so much of knowledge and value into budding business owner and young minds like us.

By Bako D Y

This course was awesome and will challenge you to see the business in a whole new perspective and inspires you to start a business of your own following your passion

By Minghui H

Course is engaging and interesting with newer concept since i last studied business awhile back. Learn some new stuff and looking forward to put them into practice.

By Tharin C

Apr 24, 2020

It's a fast but efficient course to learn about business and new ideas, also provided you with some examples as well as CEO perspective in stakeholder management.

By Duke L

Apr 21, 2020

Unbelievably Informative. As a Business Management Student in the Philippines, I am so proud to have taken this course. and would easily recommend this to anyone.

By Alistair S

Oct 15, 2015

This business module as taught me a new form of ethics of developing client and business relationships. I thank my professor for all resources and my class mates