Back to New Models of Business in Society

Learner Reviews & Feedback for New Models of Business in Society by University of Virginia

In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we will be discussing the emergence of a new story about business. This new story locates business within a societal framework. Almost every business creates or destroys value for customers, suppliers, employees, communities and society, in addition to shareholders and other financiers. A number of new models of business can be built on this idea such as corporate responsibility, philanthropy, shared value and sustainability. Profits and stakeholder value go together, and this course explains how. The final session explores the idea of how to become a stakeholder entrepreneur and create a business that makes money and makes the world a better place....

YL
May 4, 2020

Nice Course..The way of delivering and passion of the professor for inspiring students is excellence..\n\nit helps me to think in a better way about business & Got lot of Insights ...Thank u Professor

PS
May 7, 2020

It was nice to know different ways through which a potential entrepreneur can contribute to the society. I really liked the way Prof. Edward Freeman explained by giving numerous examples. Thank you!

251 - 275 of 1,082 Reviews for New Models of Business in Society

By Alistair S

Oct 15, 2015

This business module as taught me a new form of ethics of developing client and business relationships. I thank my professor for all resources and my class mates

By Tri A P W

Jun 1, 2020

I'd like to say thankyou to the Edward Freeman for this course, the idea of New Model of Business in Society is so brilliant and i had learn so much from this.

By Mateo R

Apr 26, 2020

What an amazing teacher. The one you always wanted to have. Passionate, wise, though-provoking. Just wow. This was one of the best courses I've had. Thank you.

By Ulisses J

Dec 10, 2017

Muito bom, abre uma nova perspectiva sobre a filantropia e as ações sócios ambientais nos negócios, e como unir as pontas lucro + benefícios para a sociedade.

By Pradhini D

Sep 8, 2020

This course is very useful for someone who is new to business world and want to learn more about ethical business. The tutor is very passionate and engaging.

By Pichakorn J

Apr 16, 2020

This course really broadened my vision, as an Arts graduate, about business and capitalism. I love and appreciate the professor's passion so much. Thank you.

By Surya N

Apr 30, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and liked the teaching style of Prof. R. Edward Freeman particularly the enthusiasm he carries in all the videos of the course.

By Anup J

Jul 16, 2016

If you want to know essence of globally connected society and roles that businesses play and can play in making whole world a better place, do this course.

By Kesevan V

The contents really opened my eyes to view things from a different perspective. I'm more inspired now to follow my dreams. Thank you so much, Mr. Freeman!

By Susmit A

Jun 3, 2020

Fantastic Course. Thank you, Professor Freeman, for providing insight into stakeholder theory and different ways of engaging with businesses as consumers.

By Kelsey D

Jun 1, 2020

The examples given in the videos are engaging. The assignments are relatively easy if you pay attention to the videos. Thanks for a an eye opening course!

By 琦閎 洪

Mar 13, 2016

Thanks teacher.This course is good enough for me to start my own business now.Hopefully,you can get my invitation to visit my company thes few years.Thank

By Tyler S D

Jul 7, 2020

The instructor was able to hold my attention the entire time, the subject was interesting, good course all around. Wish my college did courses like this.

By FARAZ A

The tone of mentor was very polite and was very easy to catch each and every sentence effortlessly. Thank You coursera for providing such a great mentor

By syed b k

Apr 20, 2020

THE COURSE IS REALLY GOOD. I HAVE LEARN A LOT OF THINGS IN THIS COURSE LIKE STAKE HOLDER THEORY ETC AND I WILL DEFINEATLY APPLY THIS INTO MY BUSINESS.

By Md. T H S

Apr 4, 2020

This course really helped me understand what a business should be nowadays. It also helped me learn skills to develop my career and enrich my expertise.

By Rushikesh M P

great course I never had a thought I was doing an online course it was so touching and adding values the thinking I m very thankfully to the professor.

By caroline c

Jan 28, 2016

Incredible course – both highly relevant and easy to digest due to the great lectures. So happy that I decided to enroll – thank you Professor Freeman!

By Ajay S C

May 15, 2020

Some very interesting perspectives on new business models make this course a must taking. Great content and a passionate mentor made it worth a while.

By Manya M

May 9, 2020

I loved these courses a lot. It gave me opportunities to know about business in society, entrepreneurship, effects of business environment, etcetera.

By Jerush J J

May 3, 2020

This course helped me in rethinking the present and future of the businesses. Thank you, instructor Ed Freeman for implanting the idea of purpose.

By Angela.Cristine d O F

May 24, 2017

Excellent course! I have confirmed so many thoughts about how we can see the world... Very powerful, and consistent theme. Im glad to completed it.

By Syed T N

Aug 14, 2020

Absolutely an amazing course to learn, the ever changing business and social models and outcomes of new models are to the point discussed in here.

By Akshay K

Jun 2, 2020

An excellent course that helps you enhance your knowledge of the various models of business models in the society and helps get a deeper insights.

By MAYANK N

Apr 16, 2020

It has been a very beautiful designed course with a sense of social responsibility. I thank the professor for giving my knowledge a new dimension.