Back to International Women's Health and Human Rights

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Women's Health and Human Rights by Stanford University

This course focuses on women’s health and human rights issues from infancy through old age, including information about positive interventions relating to those issues. Learners are encouraged to interact with each other through interactive discussions. It is important to us that this course be available to all learners. We encourage you to apply for Coursera's financial aid (see link to left) if the cost of the course certificate is difficult for you to afford. Please note that you may view all materials in this course, and participate in it, without purchasing a certificate. The course was co-created by Consulting Professor Anne Firth Murray and Kevin Hsu. Anne Firth Murray is the Content Director of the course; Kevin Hsu is the Design Director of the course....

MC

Mar 03, 2019

This course is very complete, professors and collaborators can provide extremely important information to your learning regarding women Human Rights.\n\nI also appreciated all the resources available.

NB

Jan 05, 2020

Very interesting course! I especially enjoyed to read all interesting contributions on women's rights for the coursework from all over the world. Thank you very much for organising this great course!

1 - 25 of 241 Reviews for International Women's Health and Human Rights

By Tannvi

Dec 06, 2019

WHICHEVER COUNTRY, GENDER, RACE, SECT, CASTE, LANGUAGE OR RELIGION, YOU BELONG TO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO MAKE WORLD A BETTER PLACE WHERE ALL BEINGS ARE HAPPY AND SAFE, PLEASE DO THIS COURSE, IT WILL CHANGE YOUR PERSONALITY AND LET YOU UNDERSTAND THE MISERY IN THE WORLD! IT WAS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE. THANKS A LOT, ANNE FIRTH MURRAY MAÁM, YOU HAVE MADE THIS JOURNEY THE BEST 03 MONTHS OF EDUCATION IN MY LIFE!

By Nadia B

Jan 05, 2020

By Neecie P a D E P

Mar 10, 2019

I highly recommend this course. The content is diverse and covers topics such as women reproductive health, the importance of educating women and girls, sex trafficking, women's reproductive health, empowerment of women and girls, gender inequality and other GLOBAL topics such women and aging, women's resilience and other topics for women and faced by women to include key issues of discrimination of women from diverse countries. This course should be mandatory in grade school as far as teaching girls about reproductive health, self-esteem, self-love, what is pedophilia, what is rape, and challenges faced by women and girls. I loved this class as it opened my eyes to Women's Health and Human Rights from a Global perspective beginning with the United Nations Report of the Fourth World Conference on Women. I highly recommend this course!

By Eden G

Feb 06, 2018

To everyone wishing to know more about women's and girl's health, human rights and where the human race is going on a local and global prospective, this course will be ideal.

This course has given me the skills, the research capacity and the information necessary among aothers to be a skilled women's human right's adovcate. The videos interview with professionals, the "check your learning "section, the reading material, the weekely paper submissions are tools that I found to be very helpful in shaping a discipline in teh study of this complex area of study. The mentors, moderators are quick to reply when needed. It is a course that demands dedication and determination.

I believe there should be a second level of this course centered maybe more on research and data gathering, and I would be happy to attend!

Eden

By Judy P

Jun 30, 2019

Really informative course. I thoroughly enjoyed all the lectures and different subject matters that have been included. Just challenging to manage heavy workload and weekly assignments in a timely manner.

By Rebecca A

Aug 21, 2017

It was very informative and interesting. The layout was clear and easy to use. the interviews in particular were useful and interesting. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Ilish C

Jun 19, 2018

As cliche as it may sound, I cannot stop raving about this course! I was skeptical when I enrolled in the course (thinking and second guessing how legitimate it may be) but I'm so glad I enrolled! It's so informative and touches base on topics from every angle. Not only that, but the fact that you can go at your own pace is so relieving! And if you have any questions AT ALL, students from all across the globe are there for you to message and help out when you need it! The course material is easy to follow and the assignments are thorough in what is asked of the student. Each week is a new eye opening experience and this was a decision that I don't regret enrolling myself in whatsoever. I can't wait to see what else Stanford has to offer!

By Laura M

Jul 08, 2020

The content and methodology of the course were great. The study material was well chosen and even experts on women's rights can learn a lot in this course due to the variety of topics covered in this course.

By rebecca j

Sep 03, 2019

I love the content and the wealth of knowledge this course has brought to my conscious. Very informative and interesting. Many different platforms for learning; reading, videos to watch or listen to.

By Samrakshya B

Aug 20, 2018

This course is amazingly designed to give you integrated knowledge on various factors that influence women's health and plus gives you idea about interventions you can apply to solve those problems.

By Melissa C

Mar 03, 2019

I also appreciated all the resources available.

By Jeanette M K

Apr 01, 2019

Excellent course! Would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about the challenges women face and what local communities around the world are doing to change their situation for the better.

By Mary C G

Jul 04, 2020

One of the best comprehensive courses that I have done in coursera. Loved the peer reviews and the quizes held.

By Anna-Tabita

Jun 25, 2018

It was an amazing journey all the way of the course. So much information I have learned about women issues around the globe. My knowledge boosted up incredibly. Making the assignments seems like you are participating in resolving the issues of the women worldwide. You have a lot of freedom to use your creativity for looking for solutions. Very informative interviews and lots of extra material to read if interested. It is the must for everyone to know global issues, for not to be an ignorant or making excuses of not knowing what is happening around. Highly recommended not just for the women but also for men and the youth especially! For to be aware and be able to prevent the issues as much as possible. Anne is a Hero for all the women, I feel very proud that exist women so active and capable to make big changes. It seems like she is everywhere in the globe being part of helping women and their issues. Thanks! I rea

By Megha C

Aug 05, 2020

I learned so much from this course and thoroughly enjoyed much of the reading and interviews, particularly because they covered a wide range of people and countries. The Thought Questions made me think intellectually about issues that we covered. The ‘Engage Your Community’ assignments helped me apply the issues I was learning about in the context of the real world. The discussions and reviewing of other people’s assignments allowed me to reach out to fellow individuals as passionate about women’s health and human rights as me! Overall, a highly informative and well structured course - you will definitely learn a lot.

By Mary M M Z

Apr 13, 2018

I am actually impressed by how this course is designed to be an intensive introduction to those beginners who wish to enter the gate of knowledge towards the international health and human rights issues of women worldwide! The way it is designed, tailored, customized to suit every student from every corner in the world is spectacular! I am still in week three, yet, I am impressed by how great everything related to this learning opportunity is for me and I do recommend it to everyone around who works in development and women's areas. Thanks big for everybody, institution, portal that made it successful as it is!

By Hanifah K

Jul 23, 2020

This course was presented in a way to allow me to think about and research into these important issues regarding women's health and human rights which I had not considered before. I feel that I have achieved so much insight into the issues covered. I feel that I must do something positive to change the outcomes for girls and women in some way. I thank Ann Firth-Murray and hope that she and the others contributing to this course will considered devising an accredited post-graduate course where by those of us wanting to make a difference can research the issues in a professional and intentional way.

Thank You!

By Stella M

Aug 31, 2020

This course offers an extremely thorough grounding in women's health and human rights globally. The individual modules and examples from around the world are extremely informative, but it is the bringing together of those modules, surveying women's life experiences both chronologically and across domains, that creates a comprehensive picture of women's heath and human rights. For me, this picture has been deeply politicizing. You cannot know this material and be indifferent. Thank you, Anne Firth Murray, and thank you, Stanford University, for offering this program. It's what the world needs.

By Priya K

Jul 20, 2020

A wonderful course. A range of curious topics which is interesting. Very good teaching materials. A lot of surprising information throughout the course. Emotional content as we learn that the contemporary world has people like us who suffer to the maximum extent for being a woman. Thanks to Dr. Anne Firth Murray for this excellent course and for taking us from week 1 to the end of the course to week 10, through various organizations and personalities we met in this course. I found the utmost sincerity in the course contents. Thank you to everyone involved in this course.

By Fátima M H d l S

Mar 31, 2020

El curso es muy interesante y abarca diferentes temáticas que te permiten aprender acerca de diversos aspectos de la salud de las mujeres y los derechos humanos. Me encanto cada modulo y cada parte, y volvería a hacerlo. Es muy motivador, y te permite reflexionar y expresar tus propias ideas en todo momento. Tanto las lecturas como los videos o la información adicional, siempre me resultaron muy enriquecedoras y me enseñaron mucho. Recomiendo este curso, sin ninguna duda, a todas las mujeres y todos los hombres que quieran generar un cambio y luchar por la igualdad.

By Md R H

Jul 09, 2020

It was extremely helpful for me to learn things about women health and child abuse which I didn't know.

I was ignorant about different cultural tradition and taboos that humiliate the women's dignity.

This course has broaden my mind by providing proper and precise knowledge on women's health and

human rights. I hope that I would be able to apply this knowledge to my next master degree on public

health. Thank you so much coursera and Standford University and the professors for giving me this

opportunity to learn all these thins.

Happy Learning for all.

By Catherine H

Dec 22, 2018

This is, hands down, the most influential class that I have taken so far. It is a lot of work, but it's so well worth it because it's extremely written and all of the information is provided in a way that you can build on your knowledge of the subject as you advance through the lectures. This class was extremely emotional, but I think that's part of the point. It really stirs up sadness and anger for the injustices against so many women in the world, and helps to provide ways to get involved in change. If you take any class, take this one.

By Dr. S P T

Aug 24, 2020

I am an Assistant Professor by profession specialized in Criminology & Victimology. Before taking up the course I was under impression that I know about the victmization and human rights violation. But let me confess that the course gave me a new perspective of the entire issue. The course covers all the relevant aspects of violence against women and health issues globally. Very well structured syllabus and informative session from the experts. Congrats and all the best to the entire team. Thank you.

By Patricia

Oct 16, 2017

I would highly recommend this course. It touches on different topics related to international women's health and human rights in deep, and it explains the interconnectednes between those topics. I had already completed a Master's degree on International Human Rights when I took up the course, but this course still provided me with further knowledge in relation to women's rights and health, and on different forms of activism to achieve shared goals in relation to social justice.

By Maria D M

Jan 07, 2020

The course is very interesting and let me reflect a lot about women's situation. It was interesting to read other participant's points of view in order to better understand the situation all over the world. My suggestion is to insert more women's voices, it is always very interesting to know people's experiences about the topics. another suggestion is to insert updated texts, in order to compare the situation and better understand if things have changed thorugh years