Back to International Women's Health and Human Rights

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Women's Health and Human Rights by Stanford University

This course focuses on women’s health and human rights issues from infancy through old age, including information about positive interventions relating to those issues. Learners are encouraged to interact with each other through interactive discussions. It is important to us that this course be available to all learners. We encourage you to apply for Coursera's financial aid (see link to left) if the cost of the course certificate is difficult for you to afford. Please note that you may view all materials in this course, and participate in it, without purchasing a certificate. The course was co-created by Consulting Professor Anne Firth Murray and Kevin Hsu. Anne Firth Murray is the Content Director of the course; Kevin Hsu is the Design Director of the course....

SD
Oct 14, 2020

A wonderfully insightful course, with many real-life case studies that reveal the ingrained and systemic abuse that so many women face. The course had the right balance of videos and reading material.

MC
Mar 2, 2019

This course is very complete, professors and collaborators can provide extremely important information to your learning regarding women Human Rights.\n\nI also appreciated all the resources available.

51 - 75 of 337 Reviews for International Women's Health and Human Rights

By Rebecca L D

Oct 12, 2019

I've absolutely enjoyed this course. It provided me with a wealth of material from highly esteemed people in their fields, and it covered a variety of topics. It was always great to read other peoples work and see how I could help them as well. I would honestly take this course again if I could. Could not recommend it enough.

By Harish K

May 18, 2021

To me, the course was an eye-opener to many hitherto unexplored aspects of women's rights. However, I would like to see in future a module on "Women's Rights and Religion" included in the course, which throws light on how religious dogma is robbing women their rights in religion-obsessed countries like India and Saudi Arabia

By Marta F A

Jun 20, 2020

FOR ME THESE DAYS, READING AND COMPLETING THE ENTIRE COURSE HAS BEEN AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE. AN EXCELLENT TEACHER AND ALL HIS MATERIAL IS SOMETHING EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW, SO THAT SOCIETY MOVES TOWARD GLOBAL EQUALITY AT ALL LEVELS. THIS COURSE HELPS YOU OPEN YOUR EYES MORE AND KNOW THE EXISTING REALITY UNFORTUNATELY.

By luz m p

Jul 20, 2020

Este curso es increible!!! Recomiendo muchísimo que lo hagan, especialmente las mujeres. Refleja la injusticia de género en todos los ámbitos a nivel mundial. La coordinadora sabe muchísimo y ofrece material de todo tipo, textos, videos, entrevistas, fuentes de ONG. Muy completo. Aprendí mucho, super didáctico.

By Nina O

Sep 25, 2017

This course has a great insight on all topics that raise issues on women's rights and human rights at this time in age. If you are not sure on which topic you would like to focus on with women's issues then this class would be great for you to visit every topic and see which topic your most interested in. Real

By Sharae A I

Jul 22, 2020

GREAT COURSE!!! It is very informative. The content is truly rich in quality. From the first week I was hooked. It was fun to take this course, because it was teaching about unjust things that are happening around me, and I can do simple things to encourage the progression of women.

By Andressa S

Aug 26, 2020

It's definitely an amazing course! I've learned so much about which barriers women have to face in order to have their rights fulfilled. Moreover, I've learned about women worldwide who are tackling these issues in order to help other women to have a better and equitable life .

By Alicia Z

Very comprehensive course! This course has allowed me to learn and research about many of the issues related to gender inequality in my own country. I highly recommend this course for committed learners. Thank you Anne Murray & your team for this very well put together course.

By Anita k

Mar 26, 2019

I never thought I would be so engaged in online learning. This course is wonderful for the busy modern day woman. The deadlines are flexible, there are lots of engagement opportunities and the material (some of which is a bit long) is very interesting and easy to grasp.

By Orsolya C

Jun 23, 2020

Loved this course, great teaching and amazing range of resources available and good to have peer-reviewed assessments, providing insights from different countries and cultures. Would absolutely recommend, quite a lot of work but I've hugely enjoyed and learnt a lot

By Bryant S

Jan 6, 2018

A great course to learn about issues that affects females world wide and how you can be an ally. Simply treat others the same no matter gender, race, religion and etc as we can make the world both Diverse and Inclusive and letting them having the seat at the table.

By Marina A

Jan 25, 2021

This course is magnificent!

It is extremely interesting, with really important topics regarding women´s health and rights. Also, it has featured guests.

I have been into this topic for years, and I learned so much here.

I genuinely recommend it to you.

Thank you!

By Esra E

Jul 30, 2020

I reaaally loved this course and I am so honored that I got the chance to learn about these topics. Every women and men should be tought about the topics mentioned in the course in order to have a better understanding of the life around the World for women.

By Rukayat O

Nov 18, 2020

The course was very enjoyable, encouraging and eye-opening. I was motivated by the women interviewed by Anne every week. The course was more than an educative experience. A huge thnk you to Anne Firth and all the amazing women who took part in the course.

By Alejandra A R

Jun 25, 2020

You will learn SO much in so little, it is honestly amazing how by watching a few lectures and reading a few (actually a lot) of pdfs and books you can achieve so much. Eternally grateful to coursera, professor Murray and the University of Stanford

By huang q

Apr 7, 2020

it is absolutely amazing, the course covers varieties of aspect of women's issue, and loads of materials letting me understand and learn deeply. Through this course, I developed a unique lens of women's health and rights issue and analyzing angle.

By THIAGO F D S

Sep 14, 2020

This course exceeded all my expectations. The materials and speakers are of the highest level, the platform is extremely organized and has a very self-explanatory didactic. I will definitely take more courses from Stanford University at Coursera!

By Karen H

Aug 19, 2020

Excellent course. I learned a lot of new things and my mind was opened to some new issues concerning women that I had never thought about before. There is a lot of reading and other course materials but all of it was relevant and interesting.

By Georgia H

Mar 1, 2021

Very nice course! Surely, you educate yourself in many issues really important for women and the ones who have a job associated with the lives of women! But be careful to keep up with the course every week so you don't miss the deadlines!

By Medhavi V

A very well written and resourceful program which will display both the sides of the world and will also give a overall view of the current state of woman's education, health and many other aspects drawn in their journey of life.

By MANISHA J

Jun 24, 2020

I had a great learning experience. I would like to thank Anne Firth Murray ma'am and other authors for providing such helpful videos and readings. I am sure that this course's certificate will definitely add stars my profile.

By Meg B

Aug 24, 2020

This class was very informative and wide-ranging, delving into issues that face women across the spans of their lifetimes, and with a focus on women and girls in developing countries. I learnt a lot and enjoyed the course.

By Macarena S G

Jun 28, 2020

I highly recommend this course for anyone interested in learning about health through a social sciences perspective. Great course to get an insight on international affairs, community health, activism and public policies.

By Rozaliya P

Jan 28, 2021

Overall, I had a very positive experience. The course gave me the tools to process information through the lens of human rights and gender equality and made me consider how can I contribute to the women's movement.

By Theresa F S

Jun 30, 2020

This was a very good course! I learned a lot knowledgeable information I could us in my job. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in the well-being of women's health and human rights.