Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

851 - 875 of 943 Reviews for Business Writing

By Adam N

The course is very comprehensive and useful but I would like to suggest one lesson about writing emails.

By Venkat G

Jul 20, 2018

The course is great . More examples and exercises would have been helpful to master the writing skills.

By Todd B

Mar 5, 2019

I started learning valuable information from this class right away. Thanks for the course, Coursera.

By AMAL R

Jul 28, 2020

The course is really good and helpful, but I would suggest if it included more writing practices.

By Sheila A

Nov 18, 2020

this a simplified and easy-to-understand course that can aid anyone in improving their writing.

By Somtochukwu O

Aug 28, 2020

The course was very informative, I learnt a lot, however I think the quizzes were too frequent.

By MOHAMMAD R M

May 16, 2020

This course enhances your writing skills not only in business writing but all over our work.

By Ang B C @ A

Apr 27, 2020

This course is really helpful. It made me realised how length and naggy my writing has been.

By Fabiola M C A

May 12, 2020

This was very insightful, it taught me the basics in structure and have implemented since.

By Faith

Aug 30, 2019

Its an excellent course if you want to improve the way you write for different audiences.

By Rosa C

Oct 23, 2020

Excelent content and experience!

I wish the best for Coursera Team.

Best Regards

By Srishti B D

Jul 26, 2020

A lovely teacher, an interesting learning experience, helps strengthen basics!

By Astrid H

Jan 30, 2020

it is a very good course but I expected a bit more information about design

By Abhishek J

Nov 13, 2020

Nicely designed course. It covers al the major facets of business writing

By Sreeman S

Jun 13, 2020

Amazing course! Could have been been made shorter by clubbing the topics.

By Jean J R I

Aug 14, 2019

Thank you for this amazing experience in writing skills! I learned a lot

By Goddy W

Jan 1, 2020

Clarity above all is key to Good Writing. I'm happy i took this course

By KEIKO M S

Jun 20, 2019

The lectures are easy to understand and very simple, so I can practice

By Nooshin

Dec 1, 2017

It was a great course, but I think need more practice and assignments.

By Esteban B

Oct 24, 2016

Very useful to improve business skills, well structured and practical.

By Vaghasiya P R

Nov 2, 2020

As a student and as a professional, I learned a lot from this course

By Sameer B

Apr 14, 2020

Course was crisp and gave essential information for the topic.

By Huda N S

Jul 8, 2020

Excellent course for improving english for business writing.

By Pablo S

Nov 19, 2019

El curso entrega herramientas muy útiles al tener en cuenta

By Saurabh V T

Jun 13, 2020

This is must for everyone for today business communication