Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

126 - 150 of 334 Reviews for Business Writing

By Borja E J T

Dec 01, 2016

This course on business writing has been extremely useful to me. There were parts which were more general and simple, and others which gave specific advice, but all of them taught something new. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to get his message across effectively and efficiently at work. And don't worry if you're not a native English speaker, because I'm a Spanish student and had no problem at all! I am going to take the next course of the Specialization Programme without a doubt.

By Mike F

Nov 08, 2016

very good presentation, informative, an excellent refresher in many cases ...

By Orlando T

Aug 26, 2017

Very useful. This course covers in a smart way the basics of writing, the very set of rules that must be in any piece of writing communication we produce as professionals. I loved particularly the chunked rules of good writing, and their recall in several examples throughout the lectures.

By Darya S

Jan 21, 2017

I enjoyed the course very much. It is perfectly structured and delivered. You got me inspired!

By Kate E

Jan 09, 2018

This is a great course. I love the instructors' style and how some of the lectures are set up like they're talking in a coffee shop. it is approachable and keeps my interest.

By Raúl A M

Jul 23, 2017

Gracias por el Curso y por el esfuerzo de ustedes en cada sesion. Es un curso donde se aprende realmente a escribir y a pensar. Durante cada sesión senti cercano el apoyo de los instructores. Gracias y Dios los bendiga.

By Carissa L V

Feb 09, 2017

Great course! Highly recommend it to everyone.

By Nicolas I

Jan 16, 2018

Very concise and easy to follow. It gives simple but usefull tips on how to improve your business writing.

By ELAINE H

Sep 28, 2016

The business writing course is excellent. The format that used to deliver the subjects was direct and easy to follow. I enjoy the business writing course.

By Sadia M

Aug 08, 2016

Interesting, Short and to the point lecture videos.

By Jesús E N L

Mar 11, 2018

It was a surprise to me that in business writing, i would have to simplify my writing but overall its a good class and teaches so much about becoming a better writer.

By Irina

Dec 28, 2016

Excellent charismatic lectures make it a real gem.

By Rafael I G T

Mar 02, 2018

I'm so glad i took this course. Mrs. Quentin is just great!

By Shaun A

Nov 11, 2017

Great Course so far. Well explained and easy to understand :)

By Mita M

Feb 02, 2017

Loved the course. The instructors are awesome. I just wish I could have taken the quizzes. I couldn't take them because I chose to enroll for the audited version of the course. I learnt the major concepts of business writing. Moving forward I will have to keep the primary principles in mind.

By Petro Y

Feb 18, 2018

It was very informative course for me! I learn a lot. A mentor did an awesome job!

By Chinyere U

Nov 02, 2017

Excellent course...

By Monir I H B

Feb 19, 2018

This is the best writing course I've ever taken. Simple, concise and effective. Many thanks to the instructor.

By BHARAT N M

Mar 27, 2017

It was really a great journey to learn Business Writing Skills ! This course did add a lot to my Tool Box for the Writing, Editing & Proof Reading for Good Business Memo. I would like to recommend this course to all those, who want to be a good writer for the Business.

By deepika c

Feb 22, 2018

Amazing course..Hats off

By Bruno F

Nov 16, 2016

Excellent course with a clear and practical application. I've recommended for my team to enroll.

By Mohammed A J

Aug 18, 2016

Great content, Great Instructor and Great Presentation

By Shashank J

Mar 20, 2017

Very well designed and organised course. Profs discussions were very interesting. Assignments were awesome. I'll recommend this to all non-native English speaker.

By Frank B

Jul 18, 2017

Excellent course about business writing with really helpful insights. I've worked as an editor at newspapers for 20 years – but yet I learned a lot about clarity, grammar, active voice and more during this course. As I am not a native speaker, some of the quizzes and assessments are tricky. But it's worth to spend the extra time to pass the tests.

By Nuno S

Oct 06, 2016

Very clear. Extremely helpful.