Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

151 - 175 of 900 Reviews for Business Writing

By Karim E F

Nov 3, 2020

One of the best courses in writing I've ever had. I learnt a lot, and what I like more is the way the course is designed to easily get learning and apply them.

By Priyangaa A

Aug 5, 2020

This is a very useful course for all fresh graduates. The skills taught helped me be a better writer in a professional setting. Thank you to all the lecturers.

By Hicham B

I developped confidence and power in business writing. It is well structured and easy to follow.

I highly recommand this course to all profesionnals.

Thank you!

By Colleen B

Jan 2, 2020

This course will help you with writing more greater brevity and clarity. It will help you to recognize areas of weakness. Great investment of time and money.

By Avneet K

Apr 10, 2017

It was a very nice experience to be a part of this course. I have learnt a lot about effective writing and many hidden tips that we often ignore while writing.

By Nazari J A

Oct 17, 2018

I would like to thank To: Coursera Team and UNHCR Colombo and ZOA Center. this course Was very effective and professional course. I love it

Nazari, Jawid Akram

By Sylvia L

Oct 15, 2019

The tips and suggestions from this course have been super helpful. I have been using the techniques in my email and daily communication. Highly recommended.

By Brandalyn G

Oct 21, 2018

Dr. Quentin introduced me to concepts I had not yet been introduced to in this way. I really appreciate having the opportunity to advance my writing skills.

By ELAINE H

Sep 27, 2016

The business writing course is excellent. The format that used to deliver the subjects was direct and easy to follow. I enjoy the business writing course.

By Anisa M Y

Jul 15, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. It was straight to point and I learned quite a bit which I have implemented already. The instructor was clear and concise.

By MIHIR B

Jun 28, 2020

I liked the concept that you have to be true to yourself and complete the exercises for your own practice as it promotes improving by your own standards.

By LAVERNE B

I have been speaking and sharing this course since I started and the amount of writing techniques I have learned have blown me away. Thank you so much!!

By Anelia S

Feb 8, 2019

I think everybody should take this course at least once. It's very important to give it the time and attention it needs. Best of luck with your writing!

By Felipe I N

Oct 5, 2020

The delivery of content is dynamic, efficient and entertaining. After the second week I could see the improvements in my writing as well my confidence.

By Karalynn N

Oct 20, 2019

I mean, there were things I had trouble understanding, but I'm an English-Second-Language user. Overall this felt easy to understand and easy to learn.

By denzel

Mar 5, 2019

Excellent course!

key messages are very clear and easy to follow. The teacher arrange the progress of course properly. Thanks for your brilliant work!

By Flor

The presentation of the course was well written, choreographed and organized. It was never boring. Thank you for imparting your knowledge and skills.

By Cherice T

May 8, 2019

This course was easy to follow with practical steps. My writing has improved along with increased confidence. I highly recommend this specialization.

By Maximilianus D P

Sep 1, 2020

Great! This course makes me little bit more confident haha... Thank you to Dr. Quentin, team from University of Colorado Boulder, and also Coursera.

By Mia ( C

Jun 29, 2020

The course is well-organized, delivered in clarity, and help enhance the basis of professional writing. But notice it's more suitable for beginners.

By Mohammad S I

Oct 11, 2020

I got the certificate from University of Colorado! Its dreamy! Over the time I have enjoyed a lot. Hope its help me a lot in future. Thanks to all.

By 002 G M

Jul 15, 2020

I don't do well with writing, this course cleared up a lot of questions about writing and introduced tactics and tricks to make ones writing better

By Deepali S S

Jul 15, 2020

It was the best experience I could get on Business writing. It was well crafted. The experts kept it simple & impactful. Thanks for that course !!

By Daisy A D

Nov 11, 2020

Listening to the great points that Quentin taught made me realize the mistakes I have been making. Thank you very much for this enriching course!

By Franchesca C

I am highly recommending this course. Effective business writing is an essential skill for any employee to have, regardless of industry or level.