Back to Create Your First Web App with Python and Flask

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Create Your First Web App with Python and Flask by Coursera Project Network

In this 2-hour long project-based course, you will learn the basics of web application development with Python using the Flask framework. Through hands on, practical experience, you will go through concepts like creating a Flask Application, using Templates in Flask Applications, using SQLAlchemy and SQLite with Flask, and using Flask and WTForms. You will then apply the concepts to create your first web application with Python and Flask. This course is aimed at learners who are looking to get started with web application development using Python, and have some prior programming experience in the Python programming language. The ideal learner has understanding of Python syntax, HTML syntax, and computer programming concepts. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

RC
Jun 27, 2020

It gave me an good overview of how routes, forms and sqalchemy works in flask. I just felt this project a bit hard, I think because I don't know much about backend yet.

AA
Sep 19, 2020

Very nice project on Flask. The instructor covered every topic clearly and go for this if you want to learn to do web apps easily and fast.

1 - 25 of 63 Reviews for Create Your First Web App with Python and Flask

By Souvik G

Jun 13, 2020

I'm always obsessed with the Python programming from when I got to think and start learning it from the scratch. I always wonder what to do next with Python then, started to explore more of it. Now, I'm aware that Flask and Django is used for web development in Python. I could never start learning it myself, but I could find such a great teacher who had actually helped to learn all these from the beginning. I really appreciate of my teacher for my building my basic knowledge about these and I hope I can do a lot stuff if I work hard in future. I urge my teacher to make another advanced web development with Flask or some basic Django web applications. Thank you so much!!

By Hasan b u

Jun 7, 2020

i am very gratefu.

By Sridhar N

Jul 23, 2020

Best for bigners

By Sam V

Aug 10, 2020

I like the new guided format. Completing a hands-on project gives a sense of accomplishment.

As I mentioned in my survey feedback, few things will really help. I am an experienced programmer with some Python. I wanted to learn Flask. So, some detailed transcipt of the project steps would have helped me going back and forth on the video. Also, some pauses, markers on the video would help us to try out without losing the thread on the video.

This is about Rhyme - it's beautiful, but sort of scrunched on a laptop. Better control of the 2 windows will be useful. We need more control over the sessions - I shutdown a few times, I lost the files I saved. And last minute, I ran out of time. I ended up finishing the course on my local PC.

In this regard, a complete instruction on setting up the environment for the project will be useful. (Or may be provide python virtual env files...

Otherwise, nice course! Thanks Amit Yadav! Thank you Coursera! Stay safe!

Best

Sam

By Harshit K G

Jul 17, 2020

Amazing course. Just the right one I was looking for. It does demand prior experience in basic web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, which is pretty obvious as it lets the course to be more specific on teaching flask and its applications. It was just the right one for me to get started with flask, I just hope to get a similar course on Django from Amit sir . I have learnt about using flask to manage my web pages. Well-set and very well-taught.

By Daniele M

Sep 12, 2020

Very good course. I just don't like very much the Rhyme platform, because I preferred to code on my own PC and I was not able to watch the video while coding (the video pauses if I am using VS Code at the same time). But the course is very good, I recommend it

By LILY A D P

Oct 15, 2020

The project covers a lot of libraries/modules, but true to the course title, I was able to create my very first Web app after the project. It wasn't simple for me, but I was happy with the learning experience.

By Rodrigo B d S C

Jun 28, 2020

By Aravindhan A

Sep 20, 2020

By Cem K

Jul 11, 2020

Course is very good, short and to the point but the rhyme platform is poorly designed in terms of user interface.

By Ricardo A

Jul 31, 2020

Muy buen curso para iniciar y utilizar como referencia al comienzo y permite femiliarizace con las herramientas

By luv k

Sep 11, 2020

Very easily explained a tough Framework, which is not easy to master.

By Bob K

Jul 30, 2020

The videos were well done and having the sample code was helpful.

By Pawan K U

Jul 14, 2020

Python and flask is good platform for the front end development

By rutvik k

Sep 24, 2020

thank you very much for explaining in such a nice any easy way

By Adunuri G K

Sep 6, 2020

Good explanation of some basic functionalities in flask

By raian o

Nov 21, 2020

loved it, and amazing Teacher to guide me on the way.

By Aditya K S

Jul 3, 2020

Go on with this if you want to go into Python Flask

By Ajim N A

Jul 19, 2020

instructor made this project very understandable

By RAHUL Y

Jul 16, 2020

best explanation by amit sir for a biginner

By Ortikov B

Nov 8, 2020

Good short course! Thank you so much!

By Adamm

Aug 29, 2020

good for fundamental, thanks tutor!!

By JavierS

Dec 1, 2020

An excellent introduction to Flask!

By Prateek M

Oct 3, 2020

Great start to begin learning flask

By BEBIN K R