Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second). Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

226 - 250 of 1,074 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By mina s f

Sep 04, 2017

Great

By Sean W

Jul 09, 2017

Programming assignments are well calibrated in terms of difficulty and are where most of my learning happened. Alexander Kulikov stands out as a particularly good instructor.

By Ekpe S

Mar 05, 2016

Really Great for any serious developer who is willing to break grounds

By Mayuresh B

Jun 11, 2016

nicely managed enjoyed learning

By Sonali S

Dec 07, 2016

This course is the basic of specialization and helped a lot to understand algorithms in a better way. Thanks so much to are the teachers

By Filippos A Z

Jan 12, 2018

Very helpful introduction to algorithms. Liked the format of learning through examples problems.

By Ahmed Z E

Feb 20, 2017

Very useful

By Aditya S J

Oct 31, 2017

The best tutorial to study algorithm

the three approach to solve a problem is awesome

Greedy

Divide & conquer

Dynamic Programming

By Alexandra S

Jul 17, 2017

With the step-by-step lessons and clarity of the lectures, this course challenged me while giving me the necessary tools to learn creative algorithms techniques. It was wonderfully taught and I am excited to learn more.

By Ayush T

Oct 19, 2017

This is really an important course for anyone who wants to improve their programming skills. The way in which concepts are taught make it very easy to remember in future. All the problems which were given are challenging . Due to this i developed a habit to solve a single problem by multiple ways.

By Arian J

Jan 27, 2018

This is a very well designed course and it's also easy to catch up!

By Tapas M

Apr 05, 2018

excellent course

By WojciechŚwiderski

Oct 07, 2017

Concise yet comprehensive course in algorithms. Lecturers are true pros, assignments are quite demanding. I am glad I finished this course.

By ABHINAV R

Apr 08, 2018

its fabulous

By Adarsh P

Dec 02, 2017

the best way of teaching s compare to ny other online courses

By Tushar K

Jul 05, 2018

This is a really well planned course. I was doing this course and auditing my on-campus course too, initially. But, I soon realised that this is what I need. It has a perfect balance of mathematical rigour and practical programming. The programming challenges sometimes felt tough, but since ample time is given to solve, I could make it in the end. Thanks to the instructors for teaching students across the globe. Knowledge is a debt that can never be repaid! Thanks

By Emmanuel T

Jan 11, 2018

This Course was very Excellent, i have learnt a lot, although it was very Challenging

By Huan Z

Sep 18, 2017

very useful to me

By Ashley M

Sep 23, 2017

a great learning process _learnt a great deal_feels like a real classroom

By Jing M

Sep 18, 2017

This course is really well designed and is quite friendly for beginners. The assignment after each topic also helps to improve the understanding of the lecture. But i think it would be better for the learners to share their codes to understand other's problems as well as to improve their own.

By Aidar M

Nov 12, 2017

This course gave me knowledge about ways of solving various problems via programming. I also learnt some new algorithms to use and about big O notation.

By Shashank V

Oct 18, 2017

good course

teachers are good and they explain everything in very easy way.

By Vimit D

Apr 17, 2018

Its good

By SHIVANK G

Oct 01, 2017

This course is awesome...

By Kirill S

Oct 02, 2017

This course gave an insight in the world of algorithms and taught me a number of different approaches for solving algorithmic problems (stress testing, for example). I discovered the fact that my programs didn't worked properly in all cases (I was pretty confident that they did) and realized that there are really wise solutions for many computation problems. Lastly, all course materials were explained in detail, so there were no unclear moments.