Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

226 - 250 of 1,946 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By José A V M

Jun 03, 2016

Very straight forward, this course comes from the basics and completes the theory with practice to ensure learning. 100% recommended for those who are not familiar with algorithms or those who want to have practice implementing and coding.

By Amrish K S

Jun 28, 2020

Hereby I tryly declare that this course is simply awesome and wonderful experience, one think is I didnt able to solve all problems, that is small guilty I felt. If I had a chance to know that algorithm for all problem, I am pretty happy.

By Sachith N K

Feb 22, 2019

I really appreciate the content of this course. It was well planned and had a nice flow. However have to say that in some instances the failed case cannot be viewed and I don't know why the grader only outputs "Failed case: Wrong answer".

By Wonjin K

Aug 01, 2018

I graduated from electrical engineering, so, even though I am programming on a daily basis, I always wanted to learn about data structures and algorithms in more detail. This lecture gave me a good insight about algorithms. Very helpful!

By DHAMI R

Sep 22, 2020

This introductory course is vrey well designed and taught, however, there can be improvement done in the teaching side otherwise everything was perfect I sincerely want to thank all my teachers who taught me a great deal in this course

By Rishabh R

Aug 18, 2020

The assignments really helped me a lot. The good thing is since no solution is provided and no hints are given for a lot of the questions, you really have to do testing and debugging yourself which has made me more confident than before

By Abdur R

Jul 14, 2020

Just finished this course. All I have to say is that this course is really really nice. I've learned lots of new things from this course. I enjoyed completing the assignments throughout this course.

Dynamic Programming part was the best.

By Amr L O

Oct 15, 2016

At my country I was dropped of the final year computer engineering and automatic control at engineering faculty due to health and financial conditions, with online courses I have the chance to prove what I can do, Thank you very much !!

By A V

Aug 30, 2020

I love this course. I want to complete other courses also in this topic. You will amaze at clarifications given for each topic by lecturers. I strongly recommend this course if you want to learn some standard approaches in Programming.

By Stefano I

Oct 10, 2017

It is nice how this course really guides you through different algorithmic ways to tackle problems. It is one of the few online courses that really forces you to spend time implementing and understanding algorithms. Highly recommended!

By Walid O

Feb 17, 2017

the course is very good , the best part is implementing the algorithm ,this will give you deep understanding of the algorithm also it will force you to improve your programming skills if you are a beginner , it was very useful for me .

By Arpan P

Jul 28, 2020

This course can definitely boost up anyone's logic building skills to a whole another level. Just as it did in my case. Starting from scratch it will take you to a much higher level keeping the journey as pleasant as much it can be.

By Shubham K

Nov 02, 2016

A good course , programming assignments are also good , even the discussion forums are good. Tutorials are wonderful everything is explained very clearly and hints are given at each point overall good for computer science undergrad.

By Mayank S

Mar 11, 2020

A good course to start learning data structure....highly recommended for beginners....introduced with all the data structure and more importantly practiced various type of algo.......TEACHER SHOULD CLEAR PROBLEM MORE EFFICIENTLY...

By DHASADE A B

May 23, 2017

Very Nice Course Indeed, it's a complete package for anyone who wants to fully built himself/herself as a programmer! Everything seems to be very perfect about this course, be it the reading material or the programming assignments!

By Dhaval B

It is really good for beginners and people who want to revise a few concepts. The professors teach well and the videos are good. I would have loved it if the programming assignments solutions were discussed after each assignment.

By Christopher B

Aug 02, 2016

I love the fact that this course is language agnostic and really lets you learn about the underlying algorithms that make our software run faster. It is challenging, but definitely worth it if you are fond of a specific language!

By Sakshar C

Jul 05, 2020

The course was very well-organized. The instructors delivered very well prepared to develop proper insight for algorithm designing. The programming assignments were so enjoyable and challenging. Also, loved the in-video quizzes.

By Vivek C

Jan 14, 2019

A must have course for any beginner. It teaches every basic building block of programming to solve complex problems. One of the best things I have learnt is stress testing and I cannot even explain how many time it saved my day.

By Aniket S

It was a fun playing with algorithms and i really enjoyed the course. The problems of the assignment kept me engaged throughout the course so that i could try things different different ways and it were lightly difficult also.

By salma w

Aug 17, 2020

The course design is awesome.

I like how they put all the concepts and assignments together to let us have a more clear understanding of the algorithms.

I've done every assignment with a big effort, and I learned a lot. Thanks.

By Jaydeep B M

Jul 01, 2017

This is an exceptionally good course and has been taught very well. I would like to suggest providing some help for the difficult problems ans also adding some solutions with the best complexity so that we can see and learn.

By Ayush S

Sep 30, 2020

Fantastic Course.. Be you anyone, Beginner or Intermediate OR even it will be useful to you, for learning and understanding , for getting expertise on data-structures and algorithms , for brushing your basics, respectively.

By Abir M

Aug 03, 2020

Wonderful course. Very well taught. Concept building programming assignments. A must-do for most computer science students or people who want to learn to solve algorithmic problems. Highly recommend this course. Thank you!

By Mithilesh K

Aug 09, 2020

After completing this course. Now I feel that I am ready to solve or give a try for any level of problems on an online coding platform. I thanks all the professors who made this course much easier for me than I thought.