Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second). Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

176 - 200 of 1,036 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Rayan D

Sep 21, 2018

Excellent course with some great coding challenges

By O'KANE,DREW

Sep 21, 2018

A tough course no doubt, but you learn all the classic problem solving techniques in computer science. Well worth the effort.

By Nikita B

Sep 23, 2018

Great course. Some problems are surprisingly challenging.

By Torgashov N

Sep 23, 2018

Plentiful explanation and a lot of interesting tasks

By 伍宇恒

非常好

By 林卓成

Sep 25, 2018

Nice curriculum!love it!

By Kaleb G

Sep 11, 2018

I've been programming professionally for 15 years, but I had a significant gap in my knowledge when it came to data structures and algorithms. This course helped me complete my skill set and regain a competitive advantage in the field. Thanks, instructors!

By Sun J

Oct 06, 2018

Great

By Meetkumar P

Oct 06, 2018

Nice experience

By Sagar S

Oct 07, 2018

The course content is well designed and covers all the basics of Algorithm.

By onkar p

Oct 03, 2018

Complex and lengthy concepts are explained very nicely and can be understood by anyone. Worth learning subject.

By Antonio A R d B

Oct 07, 2018

This course was really good!

By Nguyen M H

Oct 22, 2018

I am embedded software engineer, I want to learn more about computer science. This course give me usefull techniques to solve problem. Thanks instructor for well lecture and slide

By Shiv W

Oct 30, 2018

This Course is really very helpful in understanding the basic algorithms and various efficient problem solving technique. Week assignments are very good and helped me evolve my skills in implementing solutions and to consider every possible kind of instances for a problem. I loved the lectures and the way professors explain things and touch every aspect of the topic. I enjoyed this course very much and have learnt much more than what I thought I required. I am really very thankful and grateful to the professors and the Coursera. Thank You Very Very much. :)

By ANAND U

Oct 30, 2018

very helpful for students in need.

By ABHISHEK K K

Nov 01, 2018

It was an amazing experience with University of California San Diego & National Research University Higher School of Economics and also all the assignment were very enjoying. I have learned a lot after completing this course. I will be highly thankful to this university and my instructors for providing me this opportunity. Thank you again !!!

By Gowtham B

Aug 29, 2018

Excellent course

By Jonathan O

Aug 29, 2018

I love this course. Designing algorithms in the lectures and implementing them in the weekly assignments is not only rewarding and fun, but also engaging. The test cases applied to the algorithms in the assignments are comprehensive, looking for hard-to-find, yet very important, edge cases, meaning significant testing is required for each submission, mimicking the requirements of any algorithm used outside the classroom.

Well, on to course #2!

By Ligeng X

Aug 30, 2018

Loved it so far, you have to think very hard in order to pass all the auto grader tests

By Praveen k

Aug 18, 2018

well its amazing...

1) the thing that I like most is the way tutors were telling the way how to solve the problem .

2) STRESS TEST : I didnt know this , how to test our program and how to debug it.

great work coursera

By Abhishek C

Jul 27, 2018

This course is very hard but awesome

By Vijai K S

Feb 17, 2016

My first algorithms course in life :D

By shanthosh

Jun 18, 2018

Wonderful set of assignments emphasising on conceptual understanding rather than mere theory. Loved this course. Thanks to all the faculty members.

By Hemu

Sep 14, 2017

Lectures are very clear, well organized. Mini quiz questions were designed extremely well. They actually make you think about what you were just presented, rather than just asking you to spit back out what you heard. Programming assignments are great too for same reason. Awesome class!

By Markeeva L

Mar 22, 2017

Very good course for a newbie developers and for refreshing your knowledge.