Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second). Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

26 - 50 of 1,032 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Sandhya G

Jan 20, 2017

By Alyson L V

Nov 03, 2018

To much talk about how to calcule the Big(O) and no enough explaining about the content

By Satesh P

Apr 21, 2018

It was an awesome first week. Great second week. From the third week I couldn't understand the concept being taught. It was hard to understand the professor and follow along. The terminology being used is advanced and it was too hard for me to pay for the course and then have to do my own research to catch up.

By Jabberwoo

Sep 27, 2016

Bad teaching quality.

By emmanuel g

Mar 27, 2017

I would like to give this course worse than a 1 star. The course explanations are very poor. The explanations drag on and make no sense. I had to go to outside sources to make sense of what the videos were discussing, which I felt like defeats the purpose. Why am I paying for something when I have to use other sources to better explain. I would never recommend this course to anyone. Listening to these teachers explain each subject poorly was killing me. I like to learn through examples but what they provide just makes it more confusing and hard to follow. Each instructor got worse and worse! The videos were so hard to watch and the accents made it even more worse! I feel robbed from taking this course. I should have asked for my refund within the first week, but I felt since I was paying, I would stick it out a little longer. You will get a better explanation if you take each subject and youtube the videos on each subject. Very useless course. Hated every week of this course and I wouldn't dare to continue with the full specialization program. It's very sad to hear that this course gets recommended a lot, but it missed it's mark completely.

By Debashis G

Sep 16, 2016

If one has taken the Algorithms 1 and 2 course by Profs. Sedgewick and Wayne, this course will be a disappointment and waste of time.

By Subash T

Jun 06, 2019

It was a very productive course

By Awaneesh K

Jun 02, 2019

This course on algorithms is exceptionally good. Video lectures are very helpful. I especially loved exercises as each of them was unique & required a lot of brain storming.

By Воробьев А А

Extremely useful course.

By Luis G A A

Jun 02, 2019

Excelente curso, mientras lo realizaba recordé algunas técnicas para hacer algoritmos eficientes

By Manish K J

Jun 18, 2019

Highly Recommended.

By rakshita m

Jun 18, 2019

Absolutely needed introduction to algorithms.

Thank You. :)

By umang k g

Jun 17, 2019

it was good learning and excellent

By Bhawana C

Jun 16, 2019

it is a nice course!

By Mashhood A S

Jun 14, 2019

good

By Vladimir N

Jun 12, 2019

Very good course to get into algorithmic thinking, design and algorithmic problem solving.

By Ranjeet K M

Jun 10, 2019

An amazing course for Algo Lovers.

By Mohit G

Jul 13, 2019

It was a very interesting course I enjoyed it and learned new things

By Abhishek G

Jul 12, 2019

excellent

By Mohammed R

Jul 12, 2019

The specialty of this course is the order in which they present the manner . It is very helpful especially if you are just starting to get a hang out of it

By Hritik K S

Jul 11, 2019

Solving problem is my passion which I know, after taking this course.

By Rishi B

Jul 11, 2019

Great learning. Now I am a tad bit more confident about my algorithm skills. Need to practice more though.

By ADARSH K S

Jul 07, 2019

this course is teach me many new think and aproach how to solve the problems

By Jhosevic C

Jul 06, 2019

Magnífico curso, todo muy bien explicado y con ejercicios geniales.

By Krishna s