Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second). Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

101 - 125 of 1,032 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Pengchong L

Nov 28, 2018

Well elaborated lectures and well designed assignments. Great introductory course for algorithms

By vikash

Nov 28, 2018

best course in algorithms ever...

By Zhenya

Nov 29, 2018

I recommand for everybody. Teachers explain all from the basic level, and you shouldn't be afraid, you will understand all algorithms from this course. I like this course and this specialization very much

Для русского язычного населения тоже очень рекомендую, английский базового уровня, преподаватели с хорошим произношением, просто огонь. Сам курс вам тоже очень понравится. Очень нравится, что сначала дают теорию, а потом сразу к этой теории задачи, чтобы вы всё смогли отработать

Thanks for this course

By Adel F

Nov 14, 2018

Learned heaps, helped me with interviews

By Jingting L

Jan 06, 2019

very good!

By Sonu M

Jan 07, 2019

The way this course leads you to algorithmic thinking is really good.

By 王俊杰

Jan 19, 2019

Highly recommend that! You can really learn some fundamental algorithms in a systematical way, like the Dynamic Programming or the Conquer and Divide method.

By Manuel P

Jan 19, 2019

I feel really challenged about this course, things were becoming tough but with the help of the videos i totally understood the main idea behind every algorithm taught

By Devkul S

Jan 18, 2019

We can get a clear concept of algorithm and dynamic programming. This course helped me to think loud on a given set of problem

By Saurabh S

Jan 20, 2019

Its amazing due to new questions... its a best course if you have to learn algorithm... I really mean it..

By Aryan S

Jan 10, 2019

Amazing course!

By Уманец Е Е

Jan 12, 2019

very useful cource

By Mukta M

Jan 23, 2019

Very good course, particularly if you're a beginner.

By Jeffrey W

Feb 20, 2019

This course was great, it was really challenging and just the thing I was looking for

By Chen X

Feb 18, 2019

Pros:

Great practical programming assignment questions.

Some very nice lectures and problem explanations, especially in asymptotic notation and scaling, D+C, and dynamic programming 1.

Cons:

Some annoying mistakes in the python3 assignment boilerplate code for inputs. Like overriding the 'input' function name with a variable.

Did not give rigid definitions of types of programming. Greedy, D+C, dynamic.

Should have been more rigid in defining problem steps in the greedy algorithms chapter. Seemed waffly.

The course textbook they recommended buying was basically just the problem statements + lecture notes. Not useful.

Overall, a solid course.

By Sachith N K

Feb 22, 2019

I really appreciate the content of this course. It was well planned and had a nice flow. However have to say that in some instances the failed case cannot be viewed and I don't know why the grader only outputs "Failed case: Wrong answer".

By Hemabh K

Feb 24, 2019

I found this course very helpful, the explanation is very nice and subtle. Also the assignments are well designed.

By TALLURI V S S

Feb 26, 2019

This course helped me improve my skills and now I believe I can do better in competitive coding. Thanks to coursera and the Instructors.

By Dmitrii

Mar 03, 2019

Very nice developed course. All lectures are interesting and topics are very important at algorithms understanding.

By Shivam K

Feb 21, 2019

i have been through week 1 and week 2 lectures and and they are completely convincing to even a DSA beginner like me to be more enthusiastic towards the course .

By Rishabh P

Mar 04, 2019

Best Content for best practice and concepts.

By Золотухина А С

Mar 04, 2019

Очень полезный базовый курс по алгоритмам. Объясняется доступно, хорошие тренировочные задания.

By Sanjeet S T

Mar 06, 2019

It was a great experience for me to learn the basics of data structure and algorithms.

By Trinath R