Back to Algorithms, Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part I by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RM
May 31, 2017

This is a great class. I learned / re-learned a ton. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. The programming environment and automated grading system were excellent.

RP
Jun 10, 2017

Incredible learning experience. Every programmer in industry should take this course if only to dispel the idea that with the advent of cloud computing exponential algorithms can still ruin your day!

251 - 275 of 1,614 Reviews for Algorithms, Part I

By Prashant S

Mar 4, 2019

Loved this course I'd make the test cases available to the students, but other than that, no other improvements. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone interested in CS fundamentals or for folks that want a refresher.

By Bharath K B K

Mar 30, 2020

Professors Wayne and Sedgewick have prepared a wonderfull course. Though it was difficult to keep up with the pace, I am glad i did.

Many many thanks for this opportunity to learn these important concepts and usage.

By Rama N N

Jan 25, 2018

Excellent course to understand the basics of Algorithms and data structures. The instructors have put a lot of effort into the contents and the assignments of this course. Thank you so much for the amazing lectures!

By Todd S

Oct 20, 2016

Great lectures, great programming assignments and grading, overall I really enjoyed this course. I tried to get through it 2 other times and finally had the time & patience to do it and I'm so glad I did. Thank you!

By Новоселов И Е

May 27, 2018

Aside from a properly given material this course has a very thorough automated unit-testing tool when submitting your homework. I personally consider this as a huge advantage over the peer-review based courses.

By Peter D

Jun 13, 2017

Phenomenal Course. I've learned so much about algorithms in the course; no doubt about it.

The assignments are really engaging and have real world applications. They have made be a better overall programmer.

By Tomasz G

Oct 29, 2017

Excellent course - especially the problem sets! I wish, however, there was an option for obtaining a certificate. Some people might not take this class due to this very issue and I think it would be a shame.

By Michael G

Aug 16, 2017

Very good course especially if you already know a bit of Java. I had enough programming experience to complete the course but it was rough the first couple of weeks having to teach myself Java along with it.

By rocky O

Dec 7, 2018

Excellent! Highly recommend to people who want to study algorithms. Though the assignments may be very challenge to you, you can get support on the forum and it's really worth taking your time finish them .

By wyq

May 5, 2018

Good experience for reviewing data structure. The exercises are challenging for the strict performance requirements and adequate test cases. I also acquired some interesting new things like random sampling.

By Irmak C

Jul 14, 2017

Graded exercises and final exam are still not migrated to new platform, hence they are missing. However programming assignments already take considerable amount of time, therefore cannot complain about it.

By Mengfei W

Jul 8, 2018

Certainly recommend this course to anyone who's new to algorithm. The autograder is very powerful! Once you understand how to pinpoint the error via autograder, your debugging process will be very smooth!

By Phuc K N

Nov 9, 2017

Gives sufficient understanding of algorithms to go forward. Problems are difficult enough to test programming skills. Would love to see the final exam and exercises being migrated from the old platform.

By LOUIS L G

Oct 31, 2017

few people would like to read an algorithm book, this course transfer those hard concepts into examples, which is more easy to be accepted. I really enjoy the progress i have made through learning this!

By Jean P M C

Sep 17, 2019

This course provided a very detailed explanation about algorithms and their practical uses.

The assigments were not easy, and were really helpful on understanding the content. A really amazing course.

By vctrl

May 12, 2018

Amazing course, greatly refined my skills! Very interesting and really challenging problems, enjoyed them so much. Thanks for hard work, and of course for that all of this materials available for free!

By PPL

Jul 14, 2017

I relearned the fundamental knowledge of algorithms and data structure through this course.

This course is well designed and has in-depth content. Besides that, the online grader system is also great!

By Aniket K

Nov 28, 2017

Best algorithm course ever seen. The assignments were awesome. Problem statements of assignments are well written. And the best thing is grading system. I loved the course and now going for part 2.

By Praveen K

May 20, 2017

Really helpful in understanding concepts in algorithms and data structures.

I would suggest if another course with similar quality has been made available for students who wish to learn Java course.

By Hermawan M

May 10, 2019

The best online course I've taken so far. The autograder really does its job! The tests are so thorough that it always takes me several attempts to finish an assignment, but it is always worth it!

By Aswin J S

Jun 18, 2020

It is a must for those who are having trouble with object oriented programming. Coding in java was really easy for the object oriented approach. Really gained great insights into data structures.

By Saiteja P

Sep 9, 2020

It was an wonder ful course that makes me proud and I was little disappointed that I can't get my certification after completion of it I was really tried hard to get on to so provide certificate

By Garrett H

Jul 3, 2019

Excellent course, great material and the structure of the class allowed me to learn in depth and practice independently. I also appreciated the complexity of the automated assignment evaluation.

By Ahmad H

Sep 20, 2016

The material and the teaching method are absolutely amazing. Not just a course for algorithms, but a course on "how to teach a course right" .. very thankful to the instructors and facilitators.