Back to Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions by Google

This is the second course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. These courses will equip you with the skills needed to apply to introductory-level data analyst jobs. You’ll build on your understanding of the topics that were introduced in the first Google Data Analytics Certificate course. The material will help you learn how to ask effective questions to make data-driven decisions, while connecting with stakeholders’ needs. Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources. Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will: - Learn about effective questioning techniques that can help guide analysis. - Gain an understanding of data-driven decision-making and how data analysts present findings. - Explore a variety of real-world business scenarios to support an understanding of questioning and decision-making. - Discover how and why spreadsheets are an important tool for data analysts. - Examine the key ideas associated with structured thinking and how they can help analysts better understand problems and develop solutions. - Learn strategies for managing the expectations of stakeholders while establishing clear communication with a data analytics team to achieve business objectives....

MW
Mar 31, 2021

I just finished the 2nd Course in the Google Data Analyst course - even though I have experience in the field, this course reminded of areas that I should focus on and work to strengthen my skills in.

JM
Mar 28, 2021

Some good hands on stuff, but a lot of review if you've done some stuff with spreadsheets already. Really it seems like it's naming and categorizing things I learned on my own.

1 - 25 of 89 Reviews for Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions

By Leif S

Mar 18, 2021

Your topic header says Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven decisions. This jumped around on so many other subjects that this should have never been the header. Basically, the courses were all over the board from learning about spreadsheets, formulas, & functions, to how to conduct meetings properly to how to communicate correctly. For me, it was not structured at all and jumped all over the place

By Christopher S

Mar 16, 2021

Impressed with content. Gives concise, practical insight on how to communicate effectively in an analyst role. Definitely worth reading and watching all of the material.

By Gasper M

Mar 29, 2021

I finished the course within thirty minutes. If you are keen on picking up context clues you will ace this course. I was expecting more hands on experience, as opposed to one question asking how to use SUM or something simplistic like that. The course challenge questions? Are you kidding me? Honestly, I think high school courses were more challenging than this. I know this is the second part in an eight part course, but so far everything learned here could have been answered with a quick google search. Yikes.

By Alan M J

Mar 15, 2021

The weekly quizzes often are not clearly posed enough that an experienced learner who is taking the fast track can guess at the correct format for the answer. For example, one question asks for correct Formula syntax, but rejects answers with an "=" at the beginning.

By spandana k

Mar 31, 2021

Everything is explained well and in simple terms. Special thanks to the instructor for making the course lively, with interesting examples. Her enthusiasm is contagious.

By Phillip M

Apr 2, 2021

This course provides a decent overview, but it too often references terms that it either hasn't explained or hasn't discussed in enough detail. For example, the distinction between primary and secondary stakeholders is not made very clear, but one of the tests expects the test taker to have more information than has been taught. Another example is that a number of more advanced spreadsheet functions are shown, but the material doesn't make it clear that we're not expected to know that information yet.

By John G

Mar 20, 2021

The instructor was natural and enthusiastic, like most Google instructors. I think for the information presented, she was fine. As for the content of the course, I know that there was important information presented; however, it seemed like they didn't have enough content for this course, so they introduced a lot of other topics. They are important. I just think that most people are looking forward to learning specific skills with spreadsheets and databases and less soft skills. Like I said, though, the soft skills are important to. In sum, this is still just an introductory course and will probably be quite easy for most people.

By Michelle L

Mar 24, 2021

This course is perfect for beginners who want to learn the fundamental skills required to become a data analyst! It was very enjoyable and the content is robust. I think learners will feel prepared to enter the workforce or up-skill!

By J. E M

Mar 29, 2021

By Pedro I S

Apr 7, 2021

O balanço entre teoria e prática é excelente. Ainda é, de certa forma, introdutório e teórico. No entanto, é possível utilizar as primeiras ferramentas que o google utiliza.

By Nolan D

Apr 3, 2021

I appreciated how this program walked you through the specifics of spreadsheets etc, but I wish, at some points during the spreadsheet learning, they would explain exactly what each aspect of functions do. For example there's was a qwiklab that had me enter something like =vlookup(h3,{A$1:A$20,F$1:F$20},2,0). After following instructions and getting the answer I still was confused how where got there, I didn't know what the "$" meant, and I had no clue where the 2, and 0 came from or what they meant. Overall I learned an INCREDIBLE amount from this course and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about data analytics

By Chase M

Apr 6, 2021

Great course with a great instructor! I did have several issues with my qwikilabs needing additional verification outside of the instructions. Additionally, several of the videos were not marked as complete despite watching several times. However, the information was extremely useful!

By dax

Mar 23, 2021

Great course. I had trouble accessing Sheets from Google. I could find the application but I could not create a new worksheet. I followed the instructions so I am not sure the specific issue. Other than that the course was great.

By Michele W

Apr 1, 2021

By Josua A N

Mar 28, 2021

This course helps me understand how to make a data-driven decision through structured thinking and communicate more about the data clearly with the stakeholder.

By Dillion B

Apr 6, 2021

This was a needed course! I loved how it focused on asking questions, I feel like this is a very common step that is skipped over in a lot of data courses!

By BDub 8

Apr 9, 2021

lectures contain information that are clear and concise. Also, the structure of the lessons are very organized and build upon each previous lesson.

By Gabriel L

Apr 10, 2021

This course gave me the tools to determinate the best ways to identificate the problem or objectives in a data analysis project.

By YIHUN D T

Apr 12, 2021

The course was provided in an engaging manner. It was easy to follow and practical concepts were incorportated.

By Michael N

Apr 6, 2021

Very challenge course for someone who has had project management and excel experience. Great refresher.

By Tharuka N

Mar 30, 2021

Great content with practical scenarios. Recommend anyone who wants to go further in their data career.

By Terrique B H

Mar 22, 2021

Well organized and provides a challenge to ensure you understood the key concepts of data analytics.

By Yaqoob Z

Apr 4, 2021

Great course, thanks for being a great teacher Ximena! Learned a lot, love it and thank you!

By Matthew B

Mar 16, 2021

Good course giving background information on how to make decisions and communicate clearly.

By Viet N

Mar 18, 2021

There is a lot of helpful information in the course, but the questions seem very easy.