Back to Business Analytics for Decision Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Analytics for Decision Making by University of Colorado Boulder

In this course you will learn how to create models for decision making. We will start with cluster analysis, a technique for data reduction that is very useful in market segmentation. You will then learn the basics of Monte Carlo simulation that will help you model the uncertainty that is prevalent in many business decisions. A key element of decision making is to identify the best course of action. Since businesses problems often have too many alternative solutions, you will learn how optimization can help you identify the best option. What is really exciting about this course is that you won’t need to know a computer language or advanced statistics to learn about these predictive and prescriptive analytic models. The Analytic Solver Platform and basic knowledge of Excel is all you’ll need. Learners participating in assignments will be able to get free access to the Analytic Solver Platform....

I would like to recommend this course to the business analyst aspirants. It is really intriguing and helps to develop analytical skills. The examples and assignments are perfect to train a beginner.

PA
Aug 11, 2020

I think this is a practical and insightful course for understanding what business analysis is and how models apply in realily by providing useful and familiar examples. Highly recommend this course

51 - 75 of 412 Reviews for Business Analytics for Decision Making

By Sreedhar R

May 22, 2017

Course was good, it was added as a pilot course from our organization for introducing /sharpening skills on data analytics. the course did justice to that. and was a good primer and provided a good understanding.

By Ruslan K

Sep 2, 2020

Fantastic Course! I could see many examples where I can apply what I learned from this course in my work and entrepreneurship. The Cluster Analysis and Optimization Models in Solver were particularly useful.

By María G R Z

Aug 24, 2020

Da una visión para saber como hacer los modelos y cómo interpretar los resultados. Muy recomendado para los que quieren adentrarse al mundo del análisis de datos para los negocios

By Catalina S

Jul 19, 2021

Manuel Laguna is an excellent instructor and looks for the practical use of the contents.

Explains carefully, speaks with the perfect pace and denotes passion for what he does

By Prashant J

Jan 13, 2021

Well explained course. All excel sheets shared are very useful. It looks like I am actually woraking in a company and solving real managerial problem. Very claverly formed course

By Gayatri A D

Jun 28, 2020

Through this course now i m able to to understand difference in all aspects, when to use which model ,how to perform simulation and optimization using Analytic Solver Platform.

By Elena A

Jan 17, 2021

The course is fantastic! I love the way the tutor explained everything. The information was clear, useful and interesting. I enjoyed the course and completely satisfied.

By Federico J D F

Oct 15, 2020

Great course. It could have been better if the files for the videos were available at the bottom of it. I was never able to found the excel files to follow the ASP live.

By Sergio R

Aug 1, 2020

Course was really interesting. Professor explained with detail all examples. I would really recommend providing more simulation examples, maybe as homework or tests.

By SHAIKH A M

Apr 8, 2021

Nice course, to help in taking decisions for own as well as other bussiness, i studies all new things related to the analytics. this course help to improve our self.

By esther r

Jun 14, 2020

this course helped me to learn decision making througu descriptive predictive prescriptive analysis and optimization models , how to build simulation optimization

By Divine I

Jun 26, 2020

The content of the course was well planned and interesting. I learnt a lot good stuffs which I'm sure will help me in gowing my skills in Bisiness analytics.

By Ramesh M

Jun 26, 2020

The course and the delivery of the content is highly appreciable I thank all the teachers and the coursera team especially university of Colorado Boulder.

By Souradipta D

Jul 11, 2020

This course was easy to understand. Awesome examples were given and proffesor explained each and every topic properly. This course is really valuable.

By Abdul W

Sep 2, 2020

It was great experience and the design of the course were absolutely matching the requirement of the international study standards. Big Thumbs Up.

By Caitlin L

Jul 14, 2020

A really great course to learn analytical strategies using excel, as well as an introduction and overview of basic concepts of business analytics!

By Andrés A P T

Aug 30, 2020

Excellent!! The information in this course is really clear and we can learn step by step without big problems. Good job Professor Laguna.

By Rodrigo A C

Jun 6, 2020

One of the best courses I've ever had. Good insights and good light to trail the path of analytics. Professor has a good speech. Greatful

By Rainier G T

Aug 15, 2020

The best course, so far, for the specialization. It tackles simulation and optimization that considers probabilities and uncertainties.

By MANAS D

Aug 15, 2020

Its a good course helps to understand how to use the ASP tool and Data analytics to find the best optimal solution for a given problem.

By Kaumil A

Jul 27, 2020

Exceptionally well-designed course. Minutely mentioned every detail and approach required in real-life cases. So glad to be part of it!

By Vaibhav J

Apr 23, 2020

The Course was very Good and sir was also very definitive in teaching us properly so that we understand what he is teaching. Thank you

By Mohit R

Jul 23, 2020

A very nice course for people interested in data analytics and specially using excel for data analytics and taking business decisions

By Myat T S

Jul 7, 2020

The course uses real-world examples to illustrate the different methods in data analytics and is taught by knowledgeable instructor.

By Bruno C C

Jul 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and it gave me the basic knowledge to implement some more sophisticated analyses in my day to day job